Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Who's next for Wladimir?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Who's next for Wladimir?

Quote Originally Posted by L time View Post
    I think at some point Harrison will hit Haye on that weak chin, and its over!
    ...I don't know what my feelings would be if that actually happened, I don't think it will happen because Harrison is massively outclassed in this fight, he's got a big punch but he's fighting someone with quicker hands and he might hesitate and get picked off.

So more fighters are putting their names in the hat for a fight vs Wladimir in December, Tony Thompson said he wants a rematch....he hasn't done much since the last fight and I think he's still dangerous because he has very solid defense and a good chin but the people have seen that fight already. If Wlad can't get Adamek then I suggest Solis or even Dimitrenko. Solis is a little green as a pro, but he's a big time puncher (just wish he fought more often he's 30 years old and only 16(12KO)-0-0), Dimitrenko is very weak and shouldn't pose any problem, so I'm not thrilled about that possibility. Boytsov's name has come up a lot, I would just hate to see that dude get blasted, but he's as game a fighter as you're liable to see in the division these days. David Tua is somehow ranked #2 by the WBO (no joke, I wish it was one though) and Tua has never been KO'd before although IMO that kind of aura of his granite chin has gone by the wayside now that Monte Barrett put him down, Two Guns ain't exactly Earnie Shavers. It would be impressive to see Wlad (or anyone else) KO Tua, but just not as impressive as it would have been say 10 years ago....or when Savon did it, WOW!

Having a "stay busy" fight is OK since this will be an optional defense, but I would rather Wlad fight a worthwhile meaningful fight and right now I'm figuring they are going to go great guns to get Adamek who is supposed to fight Maddalone in Atlantic City, but you have to figure a fight vs Wlad means way more money and HBO has said "That's a fight we want to show", so I'm hoping that gets made, and if not that then Solis. Those are the only meaningful fights out there right now IMO (Povetkin is fighting someone else, Chicken Little is fighting Audley, and Valuev is recovering from surgery).
    Last edited by El Kabong; 09-15-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I got to say I hope it's not adamek. Dude is a warrior and just great fun to watch and it's funny seeing him in there with these huge dudes. I just don't see how he has a chance tho. He doesn't have enough pop, and while hes skilled enough to outbox most opponents at heavy he won't be able to do it with either klitschko. Altho doesn't matter if he looses I'll still be watching him.

El Kabong Guest

Adamek is a warrior, I don't know of anyone outside of MAYBE Chad Dawson that doesn't respect the dude...but he's made a name for himself and it wouldn't be right for him to not follow through with what he intended to do. Hey, at least he'll get paid like a champ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ...I don't know what my feelings would be if that actually happened, I don't think it will happen because Harrison is massively outclassed in this fight, he's got a big punch but he's fighting someone with quicker hands and he might hesitate and get picked off.

So more fighters are putting their names in the hat for a fight vs Wladimir in December, Tony Thompson said he wants a rematch....he hasn't done much since the last fight and I think he's still dangerous because he has very solid defense and a good chin but the people have seen that fight already. If Wlad can't get Adamek then I suggest Solis or even Dimitrenko. Solis is a little green as a pro, but he's a big time puncher (just wish he fought more often he's 30 years old and only 16(12KO)-0-0), Dimitrenko is very weak and shouldn't pose any problem, so I'm not thrilled about that possibility. Boytsov's name has come up a lot, I would just hate to see that dude get blasted, but he's as game a fighter as you're liable to see in the division these days. David Tua is somehow ranked #2 by the WBO (no joke, I wish it was one though) and Tua has never been KO'd before although IMO that kind of aura of his granite chin has gone by the wayside now that Monte Barrett put him down, Two Guns ain't exactly Earnie Shavers. It would be impressive to see Wlad (or anyone else) KO Tua, but just not as impressive as it would have been say 10 years ago....or when Savon did it, WOW!

Having a "stay busy" fight is OK since this will be an optional defense, but I would rather Wlad fight a worthwhile meaningful fight and right now I'm figuring they are going to go great guns to get Adamek who is supposed to fight Maddalone in Atlantic City, but you have to figure a fight vs Wlad means way more money and HBO has said "That's a fight we want to show", so I'm hoping that gets made, and if not that then Solis. Those are the only meaningful fights out there right now IMO (Povetkin is fighting someone else, Chicken Little is fighting Audley, and Valuev is recovering from surgery).
    Solis seems another Arreola/Peter in the making. Great natural talent, not enough discipline to come in shape. And at 30 he can't count on his talent so much that he can afford to not show up in shape.
    Last edited by Majesty; 09-16-2010 at 03:52 AM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Solis seems another Arreola/Peter in the making. Great natural talent, not enough discipline to come in shape. And at 30 he can't count on his talent so much that he can afford to not show up in shape.
    I agree, but he's still a dangerous fighter...perhaps not so dangerous to Wlad as he would be to others in the division on account of some history they have in the amateurs, but never the less it's always nice to dish out the first loss of someone's pro career.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What next for Wlad?

Probably a threesome with him, Hayden and this midget again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Wlads allowed a 'just about the money' fight then and Haye isn't? Gotta love the hypocrissy.
    The clear difference is this: Haye has spent the better part of two years calling out the Klits, saying vile things about them, but then when the rubber met the road he ran for the hills. He had a fight lined up with Wlad and then faked an injury to get out of it. He had agreed to a deal with Vitali then back stabbed him on the deal to fight the easier Valuev. Wlad offered him what he wanted this last go round...a 50-50 deal with no options even though he didn't deserve it. Again, he ran for cover. I'm fine with Haye taking optional defenses against easy pray for big money...BUT not when he has been talking shit for two years. THAT"S the difference. Anyone who can't see that must be Haye's mother. He knows he'll get knocked stiff if he fights either brother.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Solis is leaps and bounds ahead of Peter and Arreola in terms of skills. He's been annoyingly inactive this year, only one fight so far, but for me he's the best opponent out there.

In my opinion he brutalises David Haye, I WISH that fight would get made, Solis takes him out inside 8 rounds imo. Watch the way he fought Monte Barrett compared to how Haye did. Solis is a bully, he's imposing, he's vicious. Haye for all his power just kind of stands and boxes with fighters, trading punches. Solis just walks through them and bowls them out.

Solis would scare the shit out of Wlad imo and put him down several times in the fight.

Yes I'm heavily biased as he's long been my fave heavy but I do see him as the only credible opponent.

He'll prove himself when he eventually steps up, you'll see.

oh, and this may sound nuts, but I reckon David Haye loses to Derek Chisora.

I'm expecting Del Boy to spark Sam Sexton this weekend and then get the winner of Haye Harrison in 2011.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he'll fight either Tua or a Thompson rematch next, unless he decides to wait for Admake or Haye... Whatever happens its another KO for him imo
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I think he'll fight either Tua or a Thompson rematch next, unless he decides to wait for Admake or Haye... Whatever happens its another KO for him imo
    Tua got embarrassed by Monte Barrett last time out, no way he gets a fight with Klitschko. He's on the same joke level as Evander Holyfield.

He won't be fighting Thompson next either.

He's scheduled to fight again before Christmas.

I wouldn't be suprised if Dimitrenko gets the shot. I reckon it will be a European in Germany again.

Maybe Denis Boystov or Francesco Pianeta. Both are unbeaten and presumably have a following in Germant

Also Robert Helenuis may be one for the future. 13-0 and already has ko wins over Brewster and Scott Gammer. He's a big guy too at 6ft 6.

Wlad has pretty much cleaned up the Americans, so I think it will be a Euro fighter next time out.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope it is Adamek.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about a HW tournament? If any division needs a "kick-in-the-ass" boost, it's this one. Create a tournament. Use the lessons learned from the other tournament to make this one better. Force the top contenders to face off with each other with the winners moving on toward an eventual championship. Hey, maybe it's a crummy idea. But it's gotta be better than sitting around waiting to see when Haye will grow a pair and actually get in the ring with Wlad.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    How about a HW tournament? If any division needs a "kick-in-the-ass" boost, it's this one. Create a tournament. Use the lessons learned from the other tournament to make this one better. Force the top contenders to face off with each other with the winners moving on toward an eventual championship. Hey, maybe it's a crummy idea. But it's gotta be better than sitting around waiting to see when Haye will grow a pair and actually get in the ring with Wlad.
    The only way the heavyweight division can have a good, challenging tournament then a fight with the Klitschko's has to be the end result of the tournament just because Wlad and Vitali are so dominant right now.

Odlanier Solis
    Chicken Little
    Denis Boytsov
    Alexander Povetkin
    Robert Helenius
    Francesco Pianetta

That group would make a great tournament...although if you wanted to sub out Chicken Little seeing how it would be best for Wlad to fight him immediately after his December fight, then Alexander Dimitrenko or Derek Chisora could fit in pretty good as well. That's a good young, exciting group of heavyweights and the fights between them would be pretty good IMO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Tua got embarrassed by Monte Barrett last time out, no way he gets a fight with Klitschko. He's on the same joke level as Evander Holyfield.

He won't be fighting Thompson next either.

He's scheduled to fight again before Christmas.

I wouldn't be suprised if Dimitrenko gets the shot. I reckon it will be a European in Germany again.

Maybe Denis Boystov or Francesco Pianeta. Both are unbeaten and presumably have a following in Germant

Also Robert Helenuis may be one for the future. 13-0 and already has ko wins over Brewster and Scott Gammer. He's a big guy too at 6ft 6.

Wlad has pretty much cleaned up the Americans, so I think it will be a Euro fighter next time out.
    I didnt say Tua looked good, which is why he might get a shot & isnt he high up in one of those alphabet ratings? Thompson did alright & Wlad knows he can beat him! Boystov just returned from injury so I doubt it'll be him. But I think Tua & Thompson have just as much of a chance as getting the fight as any of the guys you mentioned!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information