Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default So who won?

Mosley vs Mora. It was a horrible fight but what shouldv'e been the result?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So who won?

I think a draw was fair, but if anyone deserved to win it was Mosley. I stopped scoring the fight out of disgust about half way through, but I had already given Mosley four rounds at that point and he won at least two more (11 and 12) after that. The more I think about it, the more I think I would have Mosley winning if I watched it again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harold Lederman HBO Sports--117-111 Mosley
    Kevin Iole Yahoo Sports: 115-113 Mosley
    Dan Rafeal ESPN: 117-111 Mosley
    Michael Rosenthal RingTV: 114-114 Draw
    Franklin McNeil ESPN: 116-112 Mosley
    Tim Smith NY Daily News: 116-112 Mosley
    Ben Thompson Fighthype: 115-113 Mosley
    John Cherwa-Latimes: 118-110 Mosley
    Steve Coefield: Yahoo: 116-112 Mosley
    Doug Fishcer Secondsout: 117-111 Mora

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually thought only the first half of the fight was horrible. From about round 7 onwards it developed into a pretty interesting fight and the championship rounds were excellent.

It really wasn't quite the bore fest that it's made out to be, although it certainly started out that way.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having watched it properly, I now think Mosley was a fairly convincing winner. Mora was just far too negative to take the close rounds. 8-4 Mosley sounds about right to me. It wasn't all that close in the end as Mosley really worked to hustle the final stanza.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb Re: So who won?

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Having watched it properly, I now think Mosley was a fairly convincing winner. Mora was just far too negative to take the close rounds. 8-4 Mosley sounds about right to me. It wasn't all that close in the end as Mosley really worked to hustle the final stanza.
    You watched it again? You're a brave, sadistic, brave man.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Haha, sure am. I just wanted to make sure because I was convinced that that Doug Fischer idiot was creating all these negative vibes that just weren't there. And of course I needed to watch the second half properly which was when my stream issues came up.

In fact, I don't even think it was like Froch/Direll which you suggested. Watched properly Mosley clearly outworks his opponent in a dull fight. And like Bilbo said, the end wasn't that bad actually.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 09-20-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I hope never to see Mora in a major fight again. His hit and hold octopus technique is just awful to watch. The guy is just an outright spoiler.

It pisses me off that referees don't take more points off for diving in with the head and obvious clinching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley absolutely won that fight. Even if you grade on the preconceived excuse that Mosley was suppose to crush Mora. Mora did nothing most of the fight but run, hold, taunt, and then throw on occasion. This was nothing like Froch/Dirrell. Froch basically landed nothing and even whiffed at times. Dirrell outlanded and had Froch hurt at least once but probably twice in that fight. Froch landed at a horrible rate but was given the argument that he was the aggressor and Dirrell ran. Mosley was the aggressor, threw more punches, landed more punches, and landed a higher percentage of punches. Mora ran not boxed most the night, landed less than 8 punches(including jabs) a round, and when he did throw landed at a laughable rate of 18%. Anybody being unbiased sees no argument for Mora getting a draw. Anybody seeing Mora as the winner...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Haha, sure am. I just wanted to make sure because I was convinced that that Doug Fischer idiot was creating all these negative vibes that just weren't there. And of course I needed to watch the second half properly which was when my stream issues came up.

In fact, I don't even think it was like Froch/Direll which you suggested. Watched properly Mosley clearly outworks his opponent in a dull fight. And like Bilbo said, the end wasn't that bad actually.
    I suspect if I watched it again I would see it the same way you do, but there is no way I am making myself sit through that mess again. Mora could have won some fans and even raised his profile in defeat if he had actually fought Mosley. But he just refused to do anything but 'fight' in an extremely negative way.

Thread Information