Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fifa 11

FIFA 11 is being released stateside tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it, probably won't pick it up until I find out if they fixed the manager mode problem on FIFA 10.

Anyone else planning on getting it?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fifa 11

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    FIFA 11 is being released stateside tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it, probably won't pick it up until I find out if they fixed the manager mode problem on FIFA 10.

waiting for the full reviews to come out - I switched to FIFA last year after 8 years of PES. It may be that I switch back this year.........
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

waiting for the full reviews to come out - I switched to FIFA last year after 8 years of PES. It may be that I switch back this year.........
    Mattyhitman, is a big PES advocate, how is the gameplay different?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

always thought PES flowed better than FIFA and was more fluid. Kind of hard to explain - maybe you should try the demos

BUT am tired of PES not having the full licence and the proper names for teams and players - and when you support a championship side like I do its great to have your own team there with full kits and players etc...Thats where FIFA wins hands down

Its a tough call

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No point waiting on reviews mate. EA have been buying reviews for years.

It'll be PES11 for me. Much more sim like imo, although it does depend on what you want out of a game.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's slower, and initially for you it will probably feel clumsy, but that's because PES takes into account individual players technique and players transfer of weight. After a while you'll become used to it, and you'll know which players react differently.

PES11 is very deep, so it depends on what you're looking for. Fifa is more instantly rewarding and is much more accessible imo. The problem for me with Fifa, is that there is little player individuality. Like there is a difference between Messi and John Terry, but it doesn't have the subtle differences between similar sort of players. PES11 does. The collision system in Fifa is also awful imo. It's almost Rugby like. It plays a good game, but fundamentally it's all over the place.

If you download the PES demo, you'll have to give 20 or so games. It'll definitely grow on you though. It just feels very different to Fifa. Imo, both good games in their own right, but for PES11 is much more simulation like, and that's what i'm looking for.

It's similar to the difference between NBA2k series, and EA's NBA Live imo.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I always found the reviews pretty fair that I have found . They compareplus and minuses pretty accurately - I always go by the reviews in PLAY which has only once (last year) said thet FIFA has matched PES for the first time.

You are right about the collisions in FIFA and the ball going off randomly like pinball - I find that really annoying. The one good thing about PES was how difficult it was to score - added to the game and made you air punch when you did put one in no matter how simple . But the last version I got , 9 , was far too easy to score. Every game I played in seemed to be a goal fest. I even scored 3 from outside area in my fist two games playing it - something I only did 1 in 50 games in other versions ! It had become too easy.

Will be decion time in next week or so anyway..........

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

okay I rented fifa 11 today. It feels a little more clunky than fifa 10. I'm using an mls team which the ai is never in a position to score, which is realistic for an mls team

I made a player and he got injured 5 minutes into the first match

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ai in Fifa 10 is very annoying IMO. I like the be a pro mode, and the AI never seems to go the way you want them to, or the stupid guy who tries to dribble into 4 defenders instead of holding up the ball. Your right MLS is more defensive, I'd rather watch Mexican or Brazilian futbol they are way more proficient attackers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Until last year I had always been PES. Since the very beggining of ISS. But last year FIFA became close to the PES I'd always wanted and PES grew closer to the FIFA I never wanted.

FIFA WC was better again, limited because of it's purpose, but was a huge leap on from FIFA 10 (slaggy goals limited massively- cut backs, lobs, rebounds etc)

The demos are on different planets, FIFA is better, but I can't write off PES this year as the games are both now very different. The way they feel is much more different than normal.

But FIFA is polished and produces exciting games of football. Not to mention the fact the games are more likely to be full of lag on PES, as per usual.

It's all about online for me, depends on if they have cracked stopping the slaggy, cheap goals that get scored relentlesly and plague the online ranked arena. PES I'm sure will be full of glitches (often in AI) ready to be exploited, where as FIFA seems to realise there is nothing worse than losing 3-0 to three identical goals from Barcelona.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't played either in a couple years but PES used to be far better. Just like what other people have said, it just feels better. Players acted more like they would in real life than in FIFA. But from everything I've heard FIFA made big improvements last year and PES has kind of stayed the same (which is all right really, its a great game).

The only video game I play anymore is football manager 2010. Although I'm not sure why I still play it. Its all becoming the same to me. I usually start with a lower league team and I always end up buying the same players for the most part.

I am thinking of getting a 360 again. Have to play Mass Effect 2.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

It's slower, and initially for you it will probably feel clumsy, but that's because PES takes into account individual players technique and players transfer of weight. After a while you'll become used to it, and you'll know which players react differently.

PES11 is very deep, so it depends on what you're looking for. Fifa is more instantly rewarding and is much more accessible imo. The problem for me with Fifa, is that there is little player individuality. Like there is a difference between Messi and John Terry, but it doesn't have the subtle differences between similar sort of players. PES11 does. The collision system in Fifa is also awful imo. It's almost Rugby like. It plays a good game, but fundamentally it's all over the place.

If you download the PES demo, you'll have to give 20 or so games. It'll definitely grow on you though. It just feels very different to Fifa. Imo, both good games in their own right, but for PES11 is much more simulation like, and that's what i'm looking for.

It's similar to the difference between NBA2k series, and EA's NBA Live imo.

FIFA is SHIT ! cannot believe EA Sports can produce such an unrealistic game

PES's new game is such an improvement on the last version it's scary ! As ono say's it's much deeper than you originally give it credit for, took me a good few games to understand the full meaning of how it plays ! One thing i would remove is the amount of tricks you can perform, and the linking together of said tricks, this is TOO much like FIFA for me. Granted only the skilled players can perform these tricks to the degree ya want, but all the same I think it's too much

Im one gamer that will NEVER buy into FIFA regardless what they do to it - Greg, my advice is DO NOT BUY IT !!
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what console you all play on?

I'm part of xbox leagues here: www.360planet.co.uk for both FIFA and PES, real life master leagues including transfers etc. They are looking for new players, especially for PES. I think you lot would like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I defected to FIFA last year, but it didn't hold my attention for long enough.
    Back to PES this year methinks
    24 Beers in a slab, 24 hours in the day.......go figure.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me (Sounders FC) vs. Brother in law (Quakes)

Game 1 - nil-nil
    Game 2 - nil-nil
    Game 3 - nil-nil

Thread Information