Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Would anyone be surprised

if a nuclear weapon was to go off in a major American city tomorrow?

I think of all the emotions and reactions that it would immediately cause, that surprise would be a long way down the list. Anyone care to discuss?

Also, please use proper grammar and punctuation in your response please. For there is a big difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Would anyone be surprised

Yes and no. I think we've been conditioned to believe that such an attack is only a matter of time, and given the proliferation of nuclear materials since the end of the Second World War, it's probably only a matter of time before they are used in some way.

However, very few people (myself included) have any knowledge of just how readily available such materials are and how real the threat actually is. Hopefully such discussions will continue to be hypothetical.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crap. Just noticed the stipulation on proper grammar and puncuation.....I'm out

But yes. That would not be good and is an everyday reality. Frankly we go over board with nuke talk. One low rent dirty bomb in city or packed up plastics placed on a pipeline or major river levee....fini.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just seen the new york car bomb test they did in the field

would of been very naughty had that of gone off during a rush hour
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be jacked off if thet happens.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Creating a low yield 'dirty bomb' isn't that hard (for someone who knows what they are doing, and there are many many people who do). The difficulty is the delivery mechanism .... a long range missile that is reasonably accurate is beyond the means of nearly every country in the world, and a static dirty bomb is quite big so assembly and detonation are really hard to do without someone noticing.

It would have to be a huge bomb to actually do much damage (the win is to kill people through radiation poisoning rather than a big explosion). The truth of the matter is that as soon as it was discovered, the authorities would simply move it or shield it.

I would be more worried about a viral or bacteriological attack. Easy to do, small and hard to detect, easy to assemble and release, cheap and they self replicate. Much more bang for your buck than a nuke.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would imagine the poor cunts in the city were the bomb goes off would be pretty suprised.
    In fact they may be really pissed off.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, but it would be the biggest mistake that Al Quaeda ever make ........

....... don't they know what happened to Bruce Banner?

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Yeah, but it would be the biggest mistake that Al Quaeda ever make ........

....... don't they know what happened to Bruce Banner?

That was gamma bomb a nuclear bomb created Godzilla.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Youngblood, assuming that I was a citizen in which ever city it went off in and I wasn't close enough to the blast to be instantly vaporised then I'm guessing that I would be at least somewhat surprised as a blinding, searing hot wall of light rushed towards me and melted my face off?

El Kabong Guest

......if one went off I'd immediately alert the authorities about one user on the Saddoboxing forum going by the name "miles", and of course show them his anti-American and anti-Israel posts, that should be fun before the fallout.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it did happen it would almost certainly be a White American, or group of White Americans who set it off imo.

Al Qiada, if they even exist as a real network at all don't have the resources, or ability to do it.

Just like the Twin Towers, any attack that did happen would end up having an embarrassing official story, incriminating passports of the arab terrorists being the only thing to survive the impact crater etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ......if one went off I'd immediately alert the authorities about one user on the Saddoboxing forum going by the name "miles", and of course show them his anti-American and anti-Israel posts, that should be fun before the fallout.
    Miles a.k.a. ACE OF SPADES.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post

Hey you lot, I would be the last person to willingly attack anyone. My criticisms of America and Israel are because of the things they have done to other people. The issues haven't just emerged from a void. The latest one to bug me was this afternoon. Apparently, the CIA had a hidden facility in Poland which they used to torture people. See, it's that kind of lunacy which bugs me. However, that doesn't mean that I would want to detonate a dirty bomb on an American city. I don't hold the America population directly responsible for the actions of the ruling class. In fact the ruling class has been turning on the middle class for 30 years now. American's themselves are being attacked by the elite. No way would I want to see them hit even further.

As for the idea of a nuclear bomb going off in a US city, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Bombs will likely go off elsewhere first, but like others have said, hopefully never at all. The nuclear bomb is a god awful creation and I really wish all states would get rid of them. It won't happen though.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post

Hey you lot, I would be the last person to willingly attack anyone. My criticisms of America and Israel are because of the things they have done to other people. The issues haven't just emerged from a void. The latest one to bug me was this afternoon. Apparently, the CIA had a hidden facility in Poland which they used to torture people. See, it's that kind of lunacy which bugs me. However, that doesn't mean that I would want to detonate a dirty bomb on an American city. I don't hold the America population directly responsible for the actions of the ruling class. In fact the ruling class has been turning on the middle class for 30 years now. American's themselves are being attacked by the elite. No way would I want to see them hit even further.

As for the idea of a nuclear bomb going off in a US city, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Bombs will likely go off elsewhere first, but like others have said, hopefully never at all. The nuclear bomb is a god awful creation and I really wish all states would get rid of them. It won't happen though.
    ....just as I guessed, miles is part of the "Weather Underground"

Thread Information