Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Margarito-Pac - Is breeze blocks being underestimated?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Margarito-Pac - Is breeze blocks being underestimated?

Quote Originally Posted by mnmc10 View Post
    is that katy perry?

drooolz
    She could knock on my door any day

Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Well if you take a look at boxing history, there has never been a fighter after getting his ass whipped like that in the Mosley fight to come back and beat an elite fighter like Pac.

In fact I'm pretty sure I'm correct when I say that Margarito is a ruined fighter or close to being one. A beating in the Shane Mosley fight takes years off from a fighter.
    Try Vic Darchinyan. But there's a psyche factor.

Unlike Marg. Vic never got involve in any scandal.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this has the potential to be a very difficult fight for Manny. Margarito does a number of things wrong, but only Mosley has really been able to go to town on him. And let's face it, Margarito was most not likely in a very good place considering what went down before the fight. Margarito does pose issues that Manny hasn't dealt with before. Margarito is a big man, throws a LOT of punches and unlike recent opponents who have been known to fade down the stretch, Margarito always gets stronger.

Pac is an obvious favourite, but I can see Margarito giving him a good go of it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will get built up as Pacs toughest fight yet, yet we all know this will be more like the PBF vs Mosley fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Well if you take a look at boxing history, there has never been a fighter after getting his ass whipped like that in the Mosley fight to come back and beat an elite fighter like Pac.

In fact I'm pretty sure I'm correct when I say that Margarito is a ruined fighter or close to being one. A beating in the Shane Mosley fight takes years off from a fighter.

Darchinyan never got a beating throughout a fight. Getting outboxed and then 1 punch KO is different than getting a sustained heavy beating on your entire body.

In fact, I am correct that a fighter that gets massively beat down like Margarito, never recovers to beat an elite opponent.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Darchinyan never got a beating throughout a fight. Getting outboxed and then 1 punch KO is different than getting a sustained heavy beating on your entire body.

In fact, I am correct that a fighter that gets massively beat down like Margarito, never recovers to beat an elite opponent.
    Name the exact guys you're thinking of?

I think it will be interesting to see if the severe beating is the only reason for the demise.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I think it will be interesting to see if the severe beating is the only reason for the demise.
    I'm kinda getting stymied and frustrated. I can't think of any.

I was thinking of Tyson or Gatti... but nah, I don't think so.

Maybe Pac's early career?.. But he didn't really take one-sided beatdowns in those 2 KO losses of his.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Benny Paret, Meldrick Taylor, Joe Frazier (after 1st Foreman fight), Razor Ruddock (after both Tyson fights), John Mugabi (after Hagler beat down), Floyd Patterson (after both Liston fights). Those are just a few, but there are a lot more in boxing history.

In fact the Margarito sustained kind of beating to the head and/or body can ruin fighters or takes years off their career. This is pretty much common knowledge in boxing. I'm pretty sure you may find 1 or 2 exceptions to the rule, but those are extremely rare. Fighters that take a sustain beating don't come back and beat elite fighters, and when I say elite, I'm talking either the no. 1 guy or 2 guy in the division or a top 10 p4p fighter. They either become ruin, shot, severely on the downside of their career. Fact.

EDIT: MAB was 1 of the rare exceptions after getting a beat down by Pac in '03 to go and have some good wins, like against Morales in their 3rd fight who would beat Pac in their 1st fight. But it is extremely rare in boxing history to come back from a massive beat down to beat an elite fighter.
    Last edited by generalbulldog; 10-13-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If one buys into what has been in the news these last few days, then definitely, one would mistakenly conclude that the former welterweight title-holder, Mexican, Antonio Margarito is being underestimated on several fronts.

Vegas for one, has the "Tijuana Tornado", Margarito a 6-1 underdog at one point in time. I will be surprised if that odds will hold, in view of all the negative feedback emanating out of camp Pacquiao in Baguio City, in the Philippines.

Some scribes even have alarming news, that Manny is at present, seemingly somewhat unable to focus all his energies exclusively for this fight. Indicative indeed that the seriousness of the task-in-hand has not reached the critical level where the mind of the pound for pound champ needs to be, in order to benefit fully from all the training that they have already had these past four weeks of training camp.

Where in the past was attained without so much of a hitch, a positive result at this point in time, in this particular training camp, seem so far been somewhat elusive. Several factors come into play, and to generalise, it all points to the PacMan playing too much hookey!

Coach Freddie Roach, camp Pacquiao's head trainer, and Alex Ariza, the conditioning coach, have gone off sounding displeasure over these turn of events.

If Manny expects the washed down version of Margarito to show up come the 13th of November, with a symbolic white flag on the side, and all but ready to receive his beating, then he will surely be in for a rude awakening! Last report have Margarito with his trainer Robert Garcia, with a serious gameplan to offset whatever Pacquiao have in store for Tony come their ring date. The plan is to surprise the Pacman with motion, head movement, an offense led by a stiff jab. If successful at that, bit hook line and sinker, a stung "Filipino typhoon" will get knocked out.

Come fight night, Margarito comes to fight with a good enough defense against Pac, he should do well. And with his size, a win is not a remote possibility. However, if he will just rely purely on sheer size, his granite chin, and with a hope for his volume punches to kick in, also, his superb conditioning... he will fail!

He will either run for survival, or he will get knocked into retirement.
    For surely the volume punches will not come, and the lack of a winning gameplan will spell doom.

I'm sure Manny Pacquiao knows what it takes to get the job done, tho. And the adjustments and fight preps are all proper. The negative pub is all that... negative pub to make the fight of more interest.

If Manny comes to fight Nocvember 13th with all his given talent intact.. and with a usual game plan, he should be able to inflict enough damage to cause a peculiarity experienced by all Pac opponents in the past, it shall take shape, and with it the possibility of a stoppage inside of eight!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 10-14-2010 at 12:02 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bulldog even though i do agree with you for the most part, i can think of one standout fighter who got his ass whooped physically and mentally and came back to beat an elite opponent, and his name is George Foreman

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    Stuff...
    Has there ever been a Pacquiao fight where there weren't a ton of stories about his supposed issues in training camp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has there ever been a Pacquiao fight where there weren't a ton of stories about his supposed issues in training camp?[/QUOTE]

Exactly! It's Arum's! And neither is it a eureka moment by any means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    Stuff...
    Has there ever been a Pacquiao fight where there weren't a ton of stories about his supposed issues in training camp?
    HBO 24/7 this saturday. It's like watching telenovela . There's always drama. I can't wait to see it. Roach said he's not gonna allow HBO crew to film any Pac's sparring session this time. Bummer.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I think this has the potential to be a very difficult fight for Manny. Margarito does a number of things wrong, but only Mosley has really been able to go to town on him. And let's face it, Margarito was most not likely in a very good place considering what went down before the fight. Margarito does pose issues that Manny hasn't dealt with before. Margarito is a big man, throws a LOT of punches and unlike recent opponents who have been known to fade down the stretch, Margarito always gets stronger.

Pac is an obvious favourite, but I can see Margarito giving him a good go of it.
    You crazy ? This will be the biggest mis-match since Tyson fough McNeeley. Pac-Man will destroy him and Margacheato won't win one round. In fact he won't win one minute of one round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think what most look at is the last big fight's. Cotto fought Margarito and was easily winning until the late rounds. Then Tony took over for the kill. When Pac and Cotto fought there really was only one round the first where there was any doubt. After that it was all Pacquaio. You do have to look at these fights to see a clearer picture in most cases but like they say styles make fight's.

I am going with Pacquiao by an easy, cruising desicion. I think Margarito is entirely to slow and will not even be able to find Pac most of the night with anything good besides a pawing punch.

Thread Information