Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who the hell watches crap like The X-factor or Strictly come dancing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who the hell watches crap like The X-factor or Strictly come dancing?

Is that Pixie Lott? Her skins cleared up.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who the hell watches crap like The X-factor or Strictly come dancing?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Is that Pixie Lott? Her skins cleared up.
    The non-abrasive method obviously wasn't working

I gott be honest, I completely jacked your 'Thunderbird line'. People piss themselves whenever I use it
    Strangely, it always feels 100% completely original
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I loathe the X Factor and everything it stands for.

It is lowest common denominator tripe that is beamed into the living rooms of millions of people so that they sit there in a vacuous stupor and don't have a thought or conversation to themselves. Just like the Romans invented the Colliseum to keep the masses apolitical, so shit like this is used to keep populations docile. The thing is that it works too .... we have the world that we deserve.

The contestants are the same predictable mix of delusional self centred brats, pathetic little shits with some sort of 'tragedy' (whoo-hoo, sob sob) behind them, utterly talentless waste of oxygen people, someone who will annoy people and a middle of the road lift and hotel lobby singer that a tosser like Cowell can persuade flatlining couch potatoes to buy (only once though, as he will have exactly the same product next year with a different singer)

The format of the show is transparently manipulative, with all the camera angles, edits and background emotional music to try and grip the audience. In fairness, its quite well done and Goebbels would be proud of it.

The music itself is nothing but karaoke, so I wont even bother ranting about that,

I FUCKING HATE IT, and I fucking hate the Tv companies and I faucking hate the society that thinks this as entertainment - Its chavvy working class ooer guvner tug the forelock end-of-pier entertainment for the digital age.

Never ever underestimate how low the lowest common denominator actually is. 20 million people watch this formulaic babylike pap ...... some of those people also have votes. be afraid, be very afraid.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Splendid post, X. You sum it up very well. It is sheep television designed by slightly more subtle and manipulative sheep for the docile sheep masses who lap it up like grass in a field on a sunday afternoon.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck me have a word with yourselves chaps
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Fuck me have a word with yourselves chaps

I think sometimes people on here do take me a bit too seriously. I do like to rant and I do hate the X-factor, but I'm honestly not walking around with an internal rage over it.

ICB Guest

I watch X Factor sometimes and IMO, Matt Cardle is a poor man's Plan B, Cher would get eaten alive by the American rappers. They say her style is new, no its not. The American rapper's have been doing it for ages.

And Rebecca Ferguson tries to be like Aretha Franklin, but she fails. Although she is probably the best singer on there.

But i liked the other two fellas better, i knew they'd never win. Because that style of singing is out of fashion now. But i like older songs better than the rubbish now anyway, so they were right up my street.

The one's im on about are Paija Richardson, John Adeleye.
    Last edited by ICB; 12-05-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me & the wife want Matt to win. He's the most passionate singer out the bunch. Sounds like a sort of Thom Yorke type singer. Does the falsetto notes well, comes across as very sincere in his singing. Could cover a lot of styles.

One Direction are gonna win it though. No doubt in my mind. My wifes mate works for HMV and she's been sworn to secrecy not to tell but last week HMV were instructed ( or contracted, whaever) by ITV to arrange a couple of promotional store visits for One Direction during finals week... Remember, this was arranged LAST WEEK

Not only that but the Producers of the show switched the format of the show to save Cher Lloyd when it became apparent that she was the *EDIT* LEAST favourite contestant. (Every other year the least contestant(s) get told by the host if they are leaving... This year there was a sing off so the 'judges' got a say).

The show is a complete fix! Entertaining.... But when you are dealing with peoples lives at the expense of entertainment, it's pretty bad.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 12-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh, a complete fix! Simon manufactured a way to get Cher into the final instead of Mary. Dannii has supported Mary all the way through and criticized Cher most of the way through...Mary totally outsings Cher (bearing in mind Dannii always says she will vote for who performs best in the 'Sing off") and she somehow then votes for Cher. Me and my missus have predicted just about every step of the show (as most people with a brain have) Dannii was under instructions to keep Cher in - 100% !!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I was fully expecting Dannii to vote for Mary tbh. But that would of taken it to deadlock and like I say, the judges changed the format of the show for a reason

Also, Chers song was a bit of an apology to Dannii IMO after the way she belittled Danni on Saturdays show... The words: ''I may have made it rain, Please forgive me, My weakness caused you pain, And this song's my sorry''.

I mean why else would Dannii talk about heartstrings? It was defo an apology. Cher needed the majority of the judges on her side and Dannii seemingly fell for it

Bullshit. The producers already ensured Cher's safe passage
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Pfft, bar humbug. <br />
    <br />
    I love X Factor. With the exception of Come Dine With Me it's the only TV show I actually watch. It's not even a guilty pleasure as I don't feel guilty watching it. Simon Cowell is The Man. <br />
    <br /
    I have absolutely no interest in popmusic and would never buy orlisten to any of the 'artists' a showlike this produces. But imo itmakes great tv.
    <br />.
    <br />
    I love come dine with me it's hilarious and I watch x-factor too !! It makes good tv . I don't buy the songs or really give a shit who wins I just like to watch .......

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Low budget tv , do i watch it ? NO !

But i do feel sorry for those who do.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

By sorry for, you mean superior to, right?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post

By sorry for, you mean superior to, right?
    If the hat fits my friend
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information