Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default moving gyms

almost no one left at my gym, to spar or even help coach me. been basically teaching and training myself for the last 6 months and just getting my dad to help me. on top of that found out the gym owner and my main coach (who has pissed off everyone else off to the point of leaving) has been stealing money the boxing federation was sending to me for travel and expenses. knew something was up...just thought he needed it or something for the club and it was the clubs discretion, but found out it came with instructions to be for fighter only, club has no say. (not sure if he forge my name yet or not...but will find out soon) If the club did need it, i would have gladly signed it over. but it wasn't even presented as a option...just taken. plus it don't need it. so fuckin pissed off. he lies about everything. always has...but i had few options all along and just kept my head in the sand to have a place to fight from. but even then it is like 2 fights a year...3 at best and only cuz its forced onto him because of provincials and nats...and he gets money for it if i win...and I've never lost.

Only 2 clubs in my town, the old one I left, and this one. so going back to old club now. had problems there before but nothing like this. at least they have coaches far as i know won't rob me and might want to help a bit. starting next week.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: moving gyms

this shit is 4real yo. have been contacted by police asking if I want to press charges. not even sure what to think at this point.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

on Monday am going to the club to get my stuff and my book. What I plan to do is somehow let him know that I know, but not even sure how to approach it. This came at me sideways because I nearly forgot about the stealing. Well not really forgot, you never do...it was forever nagging. But I just planned to leave club. Only thing I can figure is boxing ontario or the bank or something caught him somehow as it isn't like I've really told anyone. I don't feel like being in the middle of drama and it isn't like it is a ton of money. But I still am very pissed off and would like to see him get what he deserves for it...just don't personally want the hassle. Meh.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    on Monday am going to the club to get my stuff and my book. What I plan to do is somehow let him know that I know, but not even sure how to approach it. This came at me sideways because I nearly forgot about the stealing. Well not really forgot, you never do...it was forever nagging. But I just planned to leave club. Only thing I can figure is boxing ontario or the bank or something caught him somehow as it isn't like I've really told anyone. I don't feel like being in the middle of drama and it isn't like it is a ton of money. But I still am very pissed off and would like to see him get what he deserves for it...just don't personally want the hassle. Meh.
    You see, what makes the robbery worst is that it didn't only happen once. It did happen a couple of times, actually, which makes things worst. There are a few things to consider:

1) A guy hitting your level of competition needs people around him which he can trust, your actual trainer and the gym owner do not seem to be on the trust level required, really not.

2) One of the main component you need is focus and concentration. How you've picture your trainer, he seems to bring un-deserved and un-needed distraction around.

3) It seems that you're not fighting often enough when a young raising fighter must keep busy.

Honestly, moving off is the best option, no doubt about it, that's what you need to make. Also, the money was perhaps not tons but it did belong to you for all the hard work you've pulled out, period. If I was you, I would go see your coach, explain him kindly that you're leaving, the why of it and that you give him 2 weeks to give you back the money or you will have to press charges against him for it and take all the legal steps necessary to get it. Tell him that you prefer the friendly split up where his name and the robbery won't be mentioned but that if he refuses, you will sadly have to go the other way.

That's what I would do and these are the best advices I can give you at this very shitty moment.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    1) A guy hitting your level of competition needs people around him which he can trust, your actual trainer and the gym owner do not seem to be on the trust level required, really not.
    yea I made it sound like 2 people. but it is just one, him. he is gym owner and my trainer.

thanks a lot for the advice, I appreciate it. It's been a bad situation that just keeps getting worse and agree...I do need to just get out of there.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds a complete CUNT.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    yea I made it sound like 2 people. but it is just one, him. he is gym owner and my trainer.

thanks a lot for the advice, I appreciate it. It's been a bad situation that just keeps getting worse and agree...I do need to just get out of there.
    Agreed. And I would nicely talk to him for the money and give him the option; A friendly split up or a robbery charge against him. His move, now.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ya can't do anything today. talked to one of the main coaches there and he wants me back there bad. the other one used to do most of my teaching, and he's always been a bit sour about me leaving so the other coach says he wants to talk to him first before i just show up and blind side him...which to be fair is very understandable. hopefully he don't hold grudges so deep we cant get past it. i cant see why. otherwise i'm basically fucked and will have no gym. and would have to move i guess.

going to hold off on confronting sleaseball until after i get this sorted, seems the logical move. pretty much burning a bridge telling him "I'm leaving, and you're a thieving prick...pay me what you owe me or be charged."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ya can't do anything today. talked to one of the main coaches there and he wants me back there bad. the other one used to do most of my teaching, and he's always been a bit sour about me leaving so the other coach says he wants to talk to him first before i just show up and blind side him...which to be fair is very understandable. hopefully he don't hold grudges so deep we cant get past it. i cant see why. otherwise i'm basically fucked and will have no gym. and would have to move i guess.

going to hold off on confronting sleaseball until after i get this sorted, seems the logical move. pretty much burning a bridge telling him "I'm leaving, and you're a thieving prick...pay me what you owe me or be charged."
    Pretty much. I understand why you want to solve things before but it has to be done in the end in my opinion.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as of the last night, the coach called boxing Canada and had me cut from the team stating he was dropping me because I was a bad lemon etc. and they believed him...

for a few hours. WTF?!?!

until today when my dad called up and exposed him for the fraud he is, got his license pulled upon providing proof, and showed his for the sorry ass cunt retard he is.

OKAY, and get this. The asshole has kept me from tournaments I was supposed to be allowed ot go to, training camps, all sorts of shit he just never ever told us about. We still have no idea why. Only reason can figure is as he always seemed to do...tried to shelter me from everyone and anyone who could expose me to his bullshit and lies. I honestly don't know... wtf?!?!

So the head of Canada boxing called us back and offered to bring us this weekend to a special training camp for select national team members, with top sports people for 3 days. are flying our butts down there pronto (thursday). This was something he knew about all a long, but he just never told us...like all the rest.

Just when you thought a person couldn't be scummier...you find out it is the tip of the ice berg. But HEY, at a new club now...on my way to Toronto for the training camp and build up for the Winter Games...and it is good bye and good riddance asshole!
    Last edited by Youngblood; 11-10-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm 5 starring this thread! First time ever. Good guys win.....YEAH!

ok vote it down now...im just so happy...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as of the last night, the coach called boxing Canada and had me cut from the team stating he was dropping me because I was a bad lemon etc. and they believed him...

for a few hours. WTF?!?!

until today when my dad called up and exposed him for the fraud he is, got his license pulled upon providing proof, and showed his for the sorry ass cunt retard he is.

OKAY, and get this. The asshole has kept me from tournaments I was supposed to be allowed ot go to, training camps, all sorts of shit he just never ever told us about. We still have no idea why. Only reason can figure is as he always seemed to do...tried to shelter me from everyone and anyone who could expose me to his bullshit and lies. I honestly don't know... wtf?!?!

So the head of Canada boxing called us back and offered to bring us this weekend to a special training camp for select national team members, with top sports people for 3 days. are flying our butts down there pronto (thursday). This was something he knew about all a long, but he just never told us...like all the rest.

Just when you thought a person couldn't be scummier...you find out it is the tip of the ice berg. But HEY, at a new club now...on my way to Toronto for the training camp and build up for the Winter Games...and it is good bye and good riddance asshole!
    I would offer you a glass of my 18 years old Talisker to celebrate that but unfortunately, I can't because you're in training (and training means no alcohol) and I wouldn't be proven guilty to give alcohol to an under age kid

No seriously, this is tremendous news, especially if Team Canada finally believed you and that the scumbag has been exposed. I really don't understand why he did that if to hide you from the rest of the world in order to pocket more money on your back. So his license is temporarily suspended if I get it well? What about the money he owes you?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this thread is true, and you are not a 67 year old man, I am glad you prevailed.

Hell, even if you are old, I still think it is cool you prevailed and are still involved in boxing.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Thread Information