Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default An emerging talent

I loved his coolness tonite. I thought it would be a 50/50 fight. I wAs very wrong. I never always liked him, he's very cocky, and I don't mind that, as long as the words can be backed up. And so them words were backed up tonite. I'm not saying this because I'm the same nationality, I'm a boxing fan first and foremost, but I have seen something tonite in this fighter that makes me think he can do great things.

His name is James de gale

ICB Guest

Default Re: An emerging talent

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    I loved his coolness tonite. I thought it would be a 50/50 fight. I wAs very wrong. I never always liked him, he's very cocky, and I don't mind that, as long as the words can be backed up. And so them words were backed up tonite. I'm not saying this because I'm the same nationality, I'm a boxing fan first and foremost, but I have seen something tonite in this fighter that makes me think he can do great things.

His name is James de gale
    Oh for certain i root for him, because he's from the same neck of the woods as me. Also because its good to see a young upcoming British talent. Who's actually stepping up in the right direction early on in his career.

I also liked his inside work tonight, he parried shots well and countered on the inside. In the next few years he could challenge some of the top boys at Super Middleweight, i think he has the talent to do it, as long as he improves on some bad habits that he has.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never really found him arrogant. He's a bit defensive, but then that's because like Amir, he did well at the Olympics which meant that all those armchair experts felt the need to point out how shit he actually was.

He's always felt he has a point to prove and that's given him a chip on his shoulder. But he's a polite enough and respectful lad I think.

The only thing I don't like about him, is that for some reason he reminds me of Michael Barrymore so I always think of gay sleaze and fisting murders in swimming pools whenever he talks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

De Gale looked class to night, 8 fights in the pro ranks and making real progress, boys not to bothered about a bit naughtys either, I like the lad.
    Last edited by Dean Duke; 12-12-2010 at 01:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ice his body work was awesome tonite. To be honest his timing coolness and killer instinct impressed me tonite, for such an inexpireinced pro, I thought he showed everything and more that should be expected. Bilbo, kudos for the micheal Barrymore stuff. Absolute vintage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the time degale gos on about how in Two years time he'll be ready for the bigboys, I thought yeah yeah, take it easy mate, but now I am convinced. Ok I no it was Paul smith who is a good domestic fighter, but I never thought degale would take him to school like he did. Also kell brook made me a believer tonight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by paddy448 View Post
    All the time degale gos on about how in Two years time he'll be ready for the bigboys, I thought yeah yeah, take it easy mate, but now I am convinced. Ok I no it was Paul smith who is a good domestic fighter, but I never thought degale would take him to school like he did. Also kell brook made me a believer tonight

Not been a huge fan of Degale before but i was very impressed with him last time out and the Smith fight was a great performance. 9th fight! great win for him i can see him coming on leaps and bounds now but i don't want him to rush once he reaches a certain level he needs to be sure he's ready for it because he won't be able to come back down.

Didn't see anything new from Brook, he is a wicked talent and i know his opponent was supposed to be durable, i think he turned up for the payday. Not brooks fault but i want to see him come through a good hard test where questions will be asked of him. I wouldn't have minded a rematch with Jennings their fight never really got going for me.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Degale is quality, you can see that. Just needs to move up gradually from British to European and then the world titles.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information