Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default F*ck you joe cortez !!!

Hall of fame or not you sure butt f#cked Maidana tonight !

Not even a warning, and takes a point away for WHAT !? For Maidana reaching back with his elbow a bit and hitting cortez not even Khan.

Then damn near every time Maidana was mauling Khan on the ropes, Cortez would jump in there and seperate them and push Maidana away.

When a fighter is holding you with one hand and you have one hand free you can still punch them. That is boxing !

I thought Maidana did enough to get a draw. He had Khan on queer street and won two 10-8 rounds IMO. Def at least one 10-8 round.

Both fighters showed great heart, but damn it if Cortez didn't fuck up a good fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: F*ck you joe cortez !!!

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a great fight, and cortez did do a shit job he shouldn't be getting these big fights anymore, steve smoger hasn't had any work lately. However I don't think cortez cost maidana the fight at all, amir just showed a shit ton of heart and determination staying on his feet. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch in the future, definitely one of the more exciting fights of the year.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cortez is no good for inside brawlers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weve always known Joe Cortez was useless so nothing new there. Khan had lapses in concentration that almost cost him and it was interesting that Cortez said to Khan that he would stop the fight if he took anymore unecassary punishment. It seemed like by seperating them whenever Maidana got close helped Khan to keep his distance and Maidana was quite gassed himself.

I think the fight proves that Khan is stuck with his style now. He will always be a runner and have a huge crisis when he gets caught. I thought he would beat Maidana easier that than. If its a 1 point fight with someone as limited as Maidana, Khan would be in trouble when he fights a guy with boxing skills aswel as a punch.

However he survived the crisis, fought well and moves on. Lets hope its the Bradley- Devon winner next.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cortez is no good for inside brawlers

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cortez acts like he warrants equal billing with the fighters. He's not what a ref should be ..... invisible and fair! Little catch phrase says it all " now remember I'm fair but I'm firm". My ass! It's not about YOU Joe, they shouldn't be focused on you in the least...now step your ass back and let the fighters fight you drama queen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, f'n HATE Joe Cortez!!!!

I HATE the way his goofy head looks!
    I HATE the way his goofy hands hang out there quivering with excitement to get in there and grope the fighters again!
    I HATE the way he talks!
    I HATE that he's even allowed to continue reffing fights!
    I HATE that some people actually like him (though I doubt many)!

but the main part is :

I HATEEEEEEEE how he f'cken thinks he has to play a MAJOR f'cken role in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT he ref's....
    SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many fights i've watched him in are playing themselves out fine, but he just over and over and over gets in the middle of fighters when they are actually fighting!! Sometimes even before EITHER has even hinted at holding... All the do is start throwing really close together and he gets in there....

I get that ref's are there to not only separate a stale mate, but to also keep the fight entertaining by stopping it turning into a wrestling match,,,, but I am actually genuinely surprised that at least one fighter during Cortez's career hasn't turned and knocked the f'ker out...
    How incredibly frustrating would it be when over and over you get inside and start landing, then immediately feel Cortez's big f'cked up eager hands pushing at your chest, or grabbing your shoulder seperating you from a fighter...

I think if people REALLLYYY just keep wrestling and holding, then at some point you can start getting in there a bit earlier and tell them to keep it clean... But you gotta let the fight go a bit, and let the inside styles play out a little bit...

But from rounds 1, he gets in there so f'cken often that by the end of even a great fight, I am screaming more about Cortez getting in the f'n way than of the amazing drama of the fight...

He always always always manages to play a substantial role in EVERY single fight he ref's, when really, the ref should be all but invisible... That is my feeling on it... You shouldn't even notice the ref...

But f'ck, Cortez is just in there, in there, in there, and there is no excuse for it!!!

There isn't even a god damn excuse for prematurely separating fighters even ONE time during a fight... Let alone 20 times every single round...

I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JOE CORTEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dizaster; 12-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizaster View Post
    I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, f'n HATE Joe Cortez!!!!

I HATE the way his goofy head looks!
    I HATE the way his goofy hands hang out there quivering with excitement to get in there and grope the fighters again!
    I HATE the way he talks!
    I HATE that he's even allowed to continue reffing fights!
    I HATE that some people actually like him (though I doubt many)!

but the main part is :

I HATEEEEEEEE how he f'cken thinks he has to play a MAJOR f'cken role in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT he ref's....
    SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many fights i've watched him in are playing themselves out fine, but he just over and over and over gets in the middle of fighters when they are actually fighting!! Sometimes even before EITHER has even hinted at holding... All the do is start throwing really close together and he gets in there....

I get that ref's are there to not only separate a stale mate, but to also keep the fight entertaining by stopping it turning into a wrestling match,,,, but I am actually genuinely surprised that at least one fighter during Cortez's career hasn't turned and knocked the f'ker out...
    How incredibly frustrating would it be when over and over you get inside and start landing, then immediately feel Cortez's big f'cked up eager hands pushing at your chest, or grabbing your shoulder seperating you from a fighter...

I think if people REALLLYYY just keep wrestling and holding, then at some point you can start getting in there a bit earlier and tell them to keep it clean... But you gotta let the fight go a bit, and let the inside styles play out a little bit...

But from rounds 1, he gets in there so f'cken often that by the end of even a great fight, I am screaming more about Cortez getting in the f'n way than of the amazing drama of the fight...

He always always always manages to play a substantial role in EVERY single fight he ref's, when really, the ref should be all but invisible... That is my feeling on it... You shouldn't even notice the ref...

But f'ck, Cortez is just in there, in there, in there, and there is no excuse for it!!!

There isn't even a god damn excuse for prematurely separating fighters even ONE time during a fight... Let alone 20 times every single round...

I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JOE CORTEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So just to be clear, you're not a fan Joe Cortez?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maidana had plenty of chances ... He was never going to win a decision anyway. This was a hand picked over hyped fight to make people think khan Is worth anything. Cortez could have been watching from home and maidana would have still lost. I kinda see what the poster meant though

Thread Information