0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Brook is a cracking prospect and i wouldnt bet against him against khan

he will be a top world champion one day

his punches are so accurate and he waists so little it would be a good clash of styles

id be excited about this one
    I'm with you regarding Kell Brook. He is being written off as a top prospect by the same haters who wrote Khan off. Brook has looked sensational thus far in his career. He's handled everyone put in front of him and he's still improving.

A Khan Brook fight makes no sense right now though as Brook needs to raise his profile first, but it's a great potential matchup down the line.

As for Brook struggling against Jennings, he's only a young pro still with a lot of improvments to make.

Khan got rocked against Willie Young and Michael Gomez, it's not a permenant block to their potential.

Brook, along with Nathan Cleverly are the two big stars for the UK ove the next 3 or 4 years.
    yeah i dont expect it to happen

i like clev a lot too, i dont think he is as good as brook tho

and im not sure about him struggling with jennings, it wasnt a great performance but it was still comfortable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im not even sure if Kell Brook could of handled Michael Jennings, i thought Michael Jennings was coming on slightly and it could of got interesting.
    Haha, he certainly was coming on. This would be the very same outcome as throwing Mitchell to the wolves against Katsidis. Just like Warren is trying to cash in. I personally thin Brook will get exposed when he steps it up, but good luck to the guy if he fancies takin on Khan.

Khan has work to do at 140 (Bradley|Alexander) and Brook has work to do domestic and Euro in that he needs to fight some one alive. Hell, TBH, I don't see why Brook shouldn't rematch Jennings, that's a level he's certainly not passed with good marks yet. Was a very inconclusive fight for me. Without more experience Brook sinks at Khan level for me.
    i can only say dude, you are very wrong about this one
    I just can't ride with Brook, I see a few too many holes. Did you watch his fight with Bienias?? Although Brook smashed him in the end, he was getting caught pretty decent by that guy, and he was some poor Polish fella who had only ever fought outside of Poland once maybe, when he got smashed inside 2 rounds by Witter, and that was at 140.... He just bothers me that he has that style based on reflexes but just doesn't seem quick enough and doesn't appear all that difficult to hit. Similar to Khan in a way, where the elusiveness / reflexes doesn't actually stop you from getting hit...... Hell, its just an opinion, and certainly not as educated an opinion as a lot of posters on here, so maybe i'm bang wrong, only time will tell. I'd love for him to be top, I love boxing and British Boxing, so it would be absolutely beautiful for British boxing no doubt.

I think the advantage Brook does have is that he is a solid Welterweight, not like Mitchell moving up.
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 12-22-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im not even sure if Kell Brook could of handled Michael Jennings, i thought Michael Jennings was coming on slightly and it could of got interesting.
    Haha, he certainly was coming on. This would be the very same outcome as throwing Mitchell to the wolves against Katsidis. Just like Warren is trying to cash in. I personally thin Brook will get exposed when he steps it up, but good luck to the guy if he fancies takin on Khan.

Khan has work to do at 140 (Bradley|Alexander) and Brook has work to do domestic and Euro in that he needs to fight some one alive. Hell, TBH, I don't see why Brook shouldn't rematch Jennings, that's a level he's certainly not passed with good marks yet. Was a very inconclusive fight for me. Without more experience Brook sinks at Khan level for me.
    i can only say dude, you are very wrong about this one
    I just can't ride with Brook, I see a few too many holes. Did you watch his fight with Bienias?? Although Brook smashed him in the end, he was getting caught pretty decent by that guy, and he was some poor Polish fella who had only ever fought outside of Poland once maybe, when he got smashed inside 2 rounds by Witter, and that was at 140.... He just bothers me that he has that style based on reflexes but just doesn't seem quick enough and doesn't appear all that difficult to hit. Similar to Khan in a way, where the elusiveness / reflexes doesn't actually stop you from getting hit...... Hell, its just an opinion, and certainly not as educated an opinion as a lot of posters on here, so maybe i'm bang wrong, only time will tell. I'd love for him to be top, I love boxing and British Boxing, so it would be absolutely beautiful for British boxing no doubt.

I think the advantage Brook does have is that he is a solid Welterweight, not like Mitchell moving up.
    mitchell looked a decent fighter before the katsidis fight, i had a feeling it would be a tough night for him but i didnt expect him to get wiped out as he did

i didnt ever think anywhere near as highly of him as i do of brook, and his style isnt just on reflexes, his accuracy and power look very impressive

its hard to say how good he is because he hasnt been in a tough fight, but in one way that can be a positive because he has breazed through british level

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Warren should get Clottey i the ring with Brook then we will see what Brook is made of.
    That is a great call and something i had thought of also.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information