Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lucian bute vs Carl froch

Bute looked meaningfully better than Froch against Magee, their only common opponent. It appeared Magee was only down by a point before he was caught.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    Depends really....Froch has the stamina over Bute IMO but Bute is the better over all boxer and has more power....Froch will try to make it a slugfest and bute will have none of it....Thing is Bute can fight going backward and Froch can not so IMO if Bute can keep his stamina I see him beating Froch by UD...If not I see Froch winning by Stoppage
    I agree, I like Lucian Bute for a late stoppage win he seems like a good guy. Like your assessment though I do think Bute is like a glass hercules, powerful yet fragile.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bearing in mind froch wasn't what he is now and Magee was a bit more awkward

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After watching those videos froch looked quite neat and tidy considering he was up against a southpaw which is awkward for most conventional fighters

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see a Froch Bute fight. I really think it would be a hard fight to predict, and I actually disagree to an extent on the usual predictions, of Bute by points or Froch late KO.

These kinds of fights tend to surprise and I actually think it could just as easily be Froch outpointing Bute or Bute stopping Froch.

Bute seems to fade down the stretch, and may not be as tough as Froch, but there is no question that Froch is far easier to hit, and Bute can definitely bang. So a Bute stoppage would not be out of the question.

Froch is not as good a technical boxer as Bute imo, but he's awkward, and rugged and unconventional and that might cause problems for Bute. I could picture a scenario where he gets hurt and is tentative loses a decision so I don't think the Bute points or Froch KO general feeling is necessarily how it will go.

I do think however that Froch will struggle to get past Andre Ward so he might not face Bute at all sadly.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Bearing in mind froch wasn't what he is now and Magee was a bit more awkward
    That was the worst Froch performance I have seen against Magee, who he fought his best ever fight and Froch fought as if he knew he would KO him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

in the froch - magee fight, froch did look unmotivated and maybe arrogant in knowing he was a level above perhaps rightly with hindsight

bute is over rated and both froch and ward beat him, maybe kessler too depending how much he has left when he returns to the ring

lucian should stick to fighting bums in canada

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a hard fight to call. Bute is by far the more talented fighter, but Froch has a much better resume and has made a career of willing his way to victory over more skilled opponents.

I think it's a fight that really could go either way. Both fighters have power and both have shown they can outbox their opponents. I think it would really interesting to see how Froch responds to Bute's body-attack. I wouldn't be surprised to see it play out like Froch - Taylor in that Bute jumps out to a big lead only to be stopped late.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    in the froch - magee fight, froch did look unmotivated and maybe arrogant in knowing he was a level above perhaps rightly with hindsight

bute is over rated and both froch and ward beat him, maybe kessler too depending how much he has left when he returns to the ring

I like to say things like that about Bute too, but there's no denying the guy has skills. He's capable of winning all those fights imo.

I think his durability and chin are questionable, but that aside he barely seems to lose a round against all of his opponents so far.

His wins over Bika, Miranda and Andrade (well second win) were very impressive. I'd expect Froch and Ward to beat those guys (well Ward has beat two) but none of them would do more impressive jobs than Bute (the Andrade first fight last round calamity aside).

Froch and Ward would both struggle more against the above three names than Bute has imo. This doesn't mean he's better than them but I think he can beat up B level fighters easier than they do.

He has more power than Ward, and he's technically better than Froch. I think he lacks Froch's toughness however and Ward I think is more skilful and the best fighter of the three, in that, like B Hop, Mayweather and Tim Bradley he knows all the tricks and can outpsych, and use his head, elbows and all those tricks in the ring to frustrate his opponent. Not calling him a dirty fighter, I think it's ring smarts, and Ward has them more than the other two, which is why he will prove himself number 1 imo.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I like to say things like that about Bute too, but there's no denying the guy has skills. He's capable of winning all those fights imo.

I think his durability and chin are questionable, but that aside he barely seems to lose a round against all of his opponents so far.

His wins over Bika, Miranda and Andrade (well second win) were very impressive. I'd expect Froch and Ward to beat those guys (well Ward has beat two) but none of them would do more impressive jobs than Bute (the Andrade first fight last round calamity aside).

Froch and Ward would both struggle more against the above three names than Bute has imo. This doesn't mean he's better than them but I think he can beat up B level fighters easier than they do.

He has more power than Ward, and he's technically better than Froch. I think he lacks Froch's toughness however and Ward I think is more skilful and the best fighter of the three, in that, like B Hop, Mayweather and Tim Bradley he knows all the tricks and can outpsych, and use his head, elbows and all those tricks in the ring to frustrate his opponent. Not calling him a dirty fighter, I think it's ring smarts, and Ward has them more than the other two, which is why he will prove himself number 1 imo.
    Seems like you changed your mind a bit Bilbo good to see, Lucian Bute has some underrated wins. Against fighters like Salem, Zuniga, and its the way he done it.

These guys are very tough Kabary Salem, went 12 rounds with a prime Joe Calzaghe. and knocked him down hard aswell, plus he'd never been stopped Lucian Bute was the first one to do it.

Fulgencio Zuniga floored Kelly Pavlik, and gave him a good hard fight. And was stopped on cuts not legitmately KO'ed like Lucian Bute did impressively. And you see how tough Fulgencia Zuniga was in his last fight.

Because he isn't really a Light Heavyweight, and he went the distance with the hard punching Tavoris Cloud. That shows you that it is impressive to stop Fulgencio Zuniga in only 4 rounds and with a body shot aswell.

I agree he hasn't got that real A+ win yet, but i think the way he's beaten fighters like the one's i mentioned and fighters like Berrio, Andrade, show's he is class he just needs a fight against someone like Mikkel Kessler to raise his status now though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Seems like you changed your mind a bit Bilbo good to see, Lucian Bute has some underrated wins. Against fighters like Salem, Zuniga, and its the way he done it.

These guys are very tough Kabary Salem, went 12 rounds with a prime Joe Calzaghe. and knocked him down hard aswell, plus he'd never been stopped Lucian Bute was the first one to do it.

Fulgencio Zuniga floored Kelly Pavlik, and gave him a good hard fight. And was stopped on cuts not legitmately KO'ed like Lucian Bute did impressively. And you see how tough Fulgencia Zuniga was in his last fight.

Because he isn't really a Light Heavyweight, and he went the distance with the hard punching Tavoris Cloud. That shows you that it is impressive to stop Fulgencio Zuniga in only 4 rounds and with a body shot aswell.

I agree he hasn't got that real A+ win yet, but i think the way he's beaten fighters like the one's i mentioned and fighters like Berrio, Andrade, show's he is class he just needs a fight against someone like Mikkel Kessler to raise his status now though.
    Don't get me wrong, I'll still be cheering for Froch to beat the snot out of him, but you can't just dismiss him and hope to sound at all credible. The way he has been getting these guys out he's clearly very accurate, and he hits hard. In fact he might be the biggest puncher in the division.

My dislike for him, much like Donaire had nothing to do with him directly, but rather the fact that the Ring ranked them both so highly before they had earnt their accolades.

It think it's clear however that next year either Bute or Ward will go on to be the next big star. I think one of them goes top 5 p4p by next summer.

My money is still on Ward, but he didn't over impress against Bika.

I favour Froch over Bute more than Ward. I think he will beat Glen Johnson but I don't give him a big shot of beating Ward.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a spot-on post. It's objective and is honest to both guys.

Bute has one of the best body shots in the business. If you are a fan of body shots, I don't know how you don't like Bute - Bute's uppercut to the solar plexis is damn near perfect. It took him a while to find his mark against Magee, but when he found it, all I can say is: wow. I actually can't remember the last time Bute knocked someone out with a head shot. Seriously.

Froch has that intangible grit and toughness that is unteachable. The British posters on this board hate Tim Bradley for some reason (probably because their adoration of Khan), but Bradley has that same hunger for winning that Froch has. They go into every fight oozing confidence and they fight cocky even when their opponent is faster or slicker or more powerful. In that respect, Bute hasn't met someone like Froch yet.

In my opinion, this fight will come down to timing. Kessler and Bute will happen in the fall of this year. Assuming Bute beats Kessler, and I believe he should be the favorite to do so, Bute and Froch could meet at the end of 2012, after Bute has faced Ward, and lost.

Froch on the other hand has a tough schedule too. He goes up against Glen Johnson, which is never a walk in the park, and then in all likelihood, faces Ward. I believe he will suffer his first bad loss against Ward, and that his career will take a turn for the worse at that point.

When Froch and Bute actually meet, it will be on different terms than today, and Bute will have the better trajectory.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-21-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just so we're clear, I agree with Bilbo. The division's order is Ward, Bute and then Froch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    The British posters on this board hate Tim Bradley for some reason (probably because their adoration of Khan),

Sorry man, I think you need to readdress that theory. Completely untrue!
    NO ONE I know of has ANY kind of adoration for Khan. And as for Bradley... Well, I guess you must know better than me?
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 03-21-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Just so we're clear, I agree with Bilbo. The division's order is Ward, Bute and then Froch.

that seems to be the opinion of a few

and that could be right if they fought each other

but officially bute cannot be above either ward or froch if we consider their records

bute hasnt been in with the opponents that either man has so couldnt be ranked above either man

froch has been in with better opponents than ward but you could argue the kessler fight puts ward above

im not so sure that would be the case, id like to see ward come out with the same run of results if he had fought the same opponents as froch
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information