Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Which saddoboxing.com poster would have the worst twitter account?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Which saddoboxing.com poster would have the worst twitter account?

I have to say, and no offense here, that I'd go with Lyle. Just cause he'd constantly talk about nanny-staters and I just couldn't deal with that.

I already know what Miles' twitter account would be like since saddoboxing is Miles' twitter account.

I have no idea who would have the best one. Spicoli's would probably be good. Miles and Bilbo would have a hard time dealing with the fact that you can't post 500 word tweets.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Which saddoboxing.com poster would have the worst twitter account?

I wouldn't want to get updates about what Wlad was wearing/eating that day, and why he would knock out any heavyweight ATG either.

El Kabong Guest

Yeah just create a thread to pick on me....I've made 1 thread about liberals recently and I choose to defend Wladimir Klitschko when the very same people that say "Rocky Marciano is too small to compete vs ______" think that Mike Tyson with wonder trainer Kevin Rooney could beat anyone ever and they never see anything negative about him being 5'10 215-220 or there abouts in his prime.

Mike Tyson got blueprinted by Buster Douglas and everyone who has beaten him since then has used that and Wlad is most definitely better than Douglas.

But you guys go right ahead and whine about my posting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Twitter is gayer than pineapple on pizza.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, I don't see the point in Twitter. As Ouma says I would find it tough, I only really keep the word count down for saying things like "Haha, that was funny". People would lose interest after a bit and generally speaking I don't know how to say anything else in so few words. I guess I could cut a paragraph down and send out two sentences per hour and during the course of a day send out the whole paragraph, but why bother when I can come here and type as much as I want with only my Saddo brethren able to read my thoughts.

Twitter is a bit silly and for people who want to say that they are cooking mince and potatoes for dinner or cutting their nails. I can't be doing with such trivialities. The closest I will get to that is starting a thread about what people drink, but that's my limit. You can't really say anything interesting unless you are going to add bones to the content of your sentences and that for me means working in good old fashioned paragraph format and typically speaking they need to be relatively chunky paragraphs. I see Korean newspaper paragraphs consisting of one sentence. Those writers should be shot in the head at point blank range. Twitter is for the young people who have grown up with texting and I never really saw the point in that. Just bloody call your friend if you have anything to say. Texting is crap and Twitter is glorified texting.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, in conclusion I would be pretty crap. I think Bilbo can come up with some funny one liners, so I actually think he would be quite good with Twitter. I think some of the notorious banned trolls would have intriguing Twitters too. Royal would be quite fascinating, Xaduboxer less so. In terms of rubbish Twitters, I guess only me because I don't want to abuse anyone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Nah, I don't see the point in Twitter. As Ouma says I would find it tough, I only really keep the word count down for saying things like "Haha, that was funny". People would lose interest after a bit and generally speaking I don't know how to say anything else in so few words. I guess I could cut a paragraph down and send out two sentences per hour and during the course of a day send out the whole paragraph, but why bother when I can come here and type as much as I want with only my Saddo brethren able to read my thoughts.

Twitter is a bit silly and for people who want to say that they are cooking mince and potatoes for dinner or cutting their nails. I can't be doing with such trivialities. The closest I will get to that is starting a thread about what people drink, but that's my limit. You can't really say anything interesting unless you are going to add bones to the content of your sentences and that for me means working in good old fashioned paragraph format and typically speaking they need to be relatively chunky paragraphs. I see Korean newspaper paragraphs consisting of one sentence. Those writers should be shot in the head at point blank range. Twitter is for the young people who have grown up with texting and I never really saw the point in that. Just bloody call your friend if you have anything to say. Texting is crap and Twitter is glorified texting.
    Or to discuss favourite beverages, reports on trips to the dentist, tales of going to HMV to buy some albums, advice on where to buy a nice suit etc.

Definitely not for you Miles. You're just here to talk about boxing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

Or to discuss favourite beverages, reports on trips to the dentist, tales of going to HMV to buy some albums, advice on where to buy a nice suit etc.

Definitely not for you Miles. You're just here to talk about boxing.
    Yeah, some of that stuff could probably work on Twitter, but I would need to water it down into cut price sentence forms which I don't like too much. I post a fair bit of trivial stuff, but generally speaking would only like Twitter if it offered more scope to play around with your own words. I think Steven Fry is a bit daft to be so taken with Twitter and it annoys me that the media even gives these Tweets coverage. They should only accept letters and email, definitely no twittering for news stories.

I think my boxing posting is down to about 20% these days. I just can't be arsed to bicker over a fighter. I am supporting Mayorga. End of. I don't need to debate that for 20 pages. Israeli settlements are quite different though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if ya dont got tits, i dont want your twitter.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon Missy would have an awful 'Twitter' - bet it looks like a ripped out fireplace
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I reckon Missy would have an awful 'Twitter' - bet it looks like a ripped out fireplace

I'd enjoy reading Missy's tweets. They would be curt, hostile, bitter and full of excellent one line put downs.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post

I'd enjoy reading Missy's tweets. They would be curt, hostile, bitter and full of excellent one line put downs.
    Yes, I quite agree.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clubber...

Thread Information