Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very cool thing by Sergio Martinez...shows he is a class act in and out of the ring

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Very cool thing by Sergio Martinez...shows he is a class act in and out of the ring

Here is a link to the article but in short Martinez showed some genuine compassion to a young girl who was actually bullied to the point she had to leave school and the school police or anyone else just pretty much said OH well instead of helping the situation out....Martinez heard this and had his team approach the family so he could speak with them and even dedicated his next bout to the girl at the last presser....Some may have read it alreay but for those who did not check out the link...The girl actually has started to learn boxing at my man John Scullys gym.....

Sergio Martinez dedicates championship event to bullied Middletown teen - The Middletown Press : Serving Middletown, CT
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez has never shown anything but class from what I've seen, even when he was getting robber twice in one night by blind men against cintron he didn't badmouth anyone. One of my favorites if not my favorite, and schools tend to suck about bullyin and keeping it under control. Props to martinez, should be much higher profile than he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Very cool thing by Sergio Martinez...shows he is a class act in and out of the ri

Martinez is showing more and more that is he truly a good guy. Hard not to root for a guy of his caliber. I especially like it when people don't allow themselves to get too big for the smaller people. Pure class and goodness.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Very cool thing by Sergio Martinez...shows he is a class act in and out of the ri

In a sport where there are a lot of guys that feed their ego by trying to bully their opponents I am very pleased that there are still some true gentlemen in the sport. Up til now I had really not bothered having an opinion on Martinez, but after all this I wish him all the best and I think this deserves to be mentioned to the regular public that don't follow boxing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pure class. I love hearing that.not just from a boxer but from any human being. I feel it's so hard nowadays to find a genuine and selfless person. It's good to no decent people still exist in the world. Martinez has my backing anytime. Absolutely beautiful hearing that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's people like Martinez who really get my respect. I love the boxing just for boxing's sake, but I especially appreciate the fighters who still have a sense of honor, in and out of the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a class act Maravilla is inside and out of the ring. He is a credit to the sport and it's a shame that stories like this aren't highlighted more in the mainstream media. He has gone up even higher in my estimations after hearing about this.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a great guy Martinez is, real class. I don't understand bullying and why people feel the need to do so but i guess there will always be people who feel they need to do it for whatever reason. Preps to Martinez for taking time out and helping this girl!
    Last edited by mattboxingfan; 03-12-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

ICB Guest

Sergio Martinez shows you don't have to be a loud mouth, to get attention and you can be a humble champion and have plenty of fans.

I wasn't sure about Sergio Martinez at first, i thought he was a bit overrated. But he's proved me wrong and he's shown he's a class act, and we need more guys like Sergio Martinez in boxing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with everything you guys have said.

Class act.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Completely agree, love seeing him interviewed, comes across as very humble and genuine and has a genuine smile and laugh. He has given money to women's domestic abuse charities saying fights should be made in the ring never out of it. What a man. I know I'd bum him.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It takes more guys like him to golden up the reputation of a sport that has been tarhisned by the actions of dumbfucks! Props to the man and to the boxer.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OccamsRazor25m View Post
    Completely agree, love seeing him interviewed, comes across as very humble and genuine and has a genuine smile and laugh. He has given money to women's domestic abuse charities saying fights should be made in the ring never out of it. What a man. I know I'd bum him.
    Lol. Ud bum him. Nice touch

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True class act. He really is a genuine nice guy.

Thread Information