Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves pips it in the pressers

I think this whole 'rivalry' is bullshit and is being acted out to make this fight seem like they are both going to war.

Amateurs means fuck all when it comes to the pro ranks. I won't even waste my time giving examples of fighters who lost to other fighters in the amateurs only to smash them in the pros.

DeGale's insults/bad boy persona is so transparent. By all accounts, he is a decent lad outside of the ring and is just trying to build up this character to raise his profile even more. He is trying to be like Floyd Mayweather in front of the cameras but it just doesn't work for him.

Groves seems to be winning each of the 'rounds' in front of the cameras but, at the end of the day, DeGale is the superior boxer and will outbox him. Will probably stop him late on, too. Groves has too many flaws in his defence and they will be exposed unfortunately.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is pure 50/50 and these press confrences mean nothing. James ain't fazed and George ain't fazed but i do feel for George to win he may need to get James out early.

It's unfair to compare them after the Smith and Anderson fight as for me George would have got the 'sitting duck' out of there quicker than James did as i believe George is the bigger puncher. Would Anderson have put James down? Probably not but that happened becasue George made a stupid mistake in trying to slug him, Something James would not have done. However them body shots George used to stop Anderson will also break down James if he lands them.

Personally, i'll be there on the night and just hope for a decent tear up.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    I think this whole 'rivalry' is bullshit and is being acted out to make this fight seem like they are both going to war.

Amateurs means fuck all when it comes to the pro ranks. I won't even waste my time giving examples of fighters who lost to other fighters in the amateurs only to smash them in the pros.

DeGale's insults/bad boy persona is so transparent. By all accounts, he is a decent lad outside of the ring and is just trying to build up this character to raise his profile even more. He is trying to be like Floyd Mayweather in front of the cameras but it just doesn't work for him.

Groves seems to be winning each of the 'rounds' in front of the cameras but, at the end of the day, DeGale is the superior boxer and will outbox him. Will probably stop him late on, too. Groves has too many flaws in his defence and they will be exposed unfortunately.
    i dont think its fixed (or an act) but even if it was i am enjoying it, arent you?

it's made it bigger than the world title fight that is topping the bill

and its easy to bet on degale in this fight, people are singing degales praises a little bit too soon if you ask me, i think we might find out a thing or two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

i dont think its fixed (or an act) but even if it was i am enjoying it, arent you?

and its easy to bet on degale in this fight, people are singing degales praises a little bit too soon if you ask me, i think we might find out a thing or two
    I enjoyed the first press conference but the repetitive stories and childish insults are getting a bit tedious now.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I enjoyed the first press conference but the repetitive stories and childish insults are getting a bit tedious now.
    i havent really watched that many so maybe i would get bored of it too

its been a while since we have had an all british fight with so much riding on it tho, and one that is so close to call, ok degale is the favourite but you wouldnt put your house on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its been a while since we have had an all british fight with so much riding on it tho, and one that is so close to call, ok degale is the favourite but you wouldnt put your house on it
    Agreed. DeGale's chin hasn't been tested yet so will be interesting as it's a certainty that Groves will land early.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not like Booth/Hayemaker to take risks like this unless they're confident they'll pay off. I can't see them being so willing to make this fight now if they're aren't confident Groves can win. I think this should be a good fight and a lot closer than some think, though I do favour DeGale because I think he's technically very good and Groves has some serious flaws defensively.

I do think that DeGale's becoming repetitive with his childish insults. I really don't think he's comfortable playing this arrogant trash talker because he never seems convincing when he's coming out with it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You sure about that?

I dont think hardly anyone gives Groves a shot, Boxing monthly did a little poll with boxing trainers I think it was 27/3 in De Gales favour, I think De Gale is far to polished for Groves at this stage he is also 1/4 - 1/5 on it is harldy a 50/50 on paper mate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

You sure about that?

I dont think hardly anyone gives Groves a shot, Boxing monthly did a little poll with boxing trainers I think it was 27/3 in De Gales favour, I think De Gale is far to polished for Groves at this stage he is also 1/4 - 1/5 on it is harldy a 50/50 on paper mate.
    Agreed Skel. I think De Gale is going to win comfortably and the bookies do too. This is not a 50/50 fight at all. If Groves wins it would be quite an upset!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You sure about that?

I think its a lot lot closer than people are making out

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I give Groves 2 chances..........Slim and None, and slim just left town
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha!

That was fucking brilliant! James De Gale "Err....."chew, chew, swallow, chew, swallow, blink, chew, blink, look around, look at the floor, fidget.

Even Warren felt the need to but in when George was hammering on him by saying "I trained with the seniors after I beat James but he came back and trained with 12 year olds"

George is very confident in himself and to me De Gale is shitting a brick that hes gonna lose his unbeaten record to Groves of all people

That brings me to another point, Groves has actually faced and wan in good fashion against an unbeaten opponent. James hasnt been tested yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Hahaha!

That was fucking brilliant! James De Gale "Err....."chew, chew, swallow, chew, swallow, blink, chew, blink, look around, look at the floor, fidget.

Even Warren felt the need to but in when George was hammering on him by saying "I trained with the seniors after I beat James but he came back and trained with 12 year olds"

George is very confident in himself and to me De Gale is shitting a brick that hes gonna lose his unbeaten record to Groves of all people

That brings me to another point, Groves has actually faced and wan in good fashion against an unbeaten opponent. James hasnt been tested yet
    I presume you are on about Kenny Anderson? Did you watch the fight by any chance, won in good fashion? He was close to being stopped he was stumbling around like a drunk at one stage, I think Anderson is decent and would beat Smith, but come on mate to call that winning in good fashion behave yourself!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Hahaha!

I presume you are on about Kenny Anderson? Did you watch the fight by any chance, won in good fashion? He was close to being stopped he was stumbling around like a drunk at one stage, I think Anderson is decent and would beat Smith, but come on mate to call that winning in good fashion behave yourself!!!
    I gotta agree, it was not in good fashion. However, i dont think Degale would have come through that fight in George's position. Also, them body shots that Groves stopped Anderson with will also stop Degail if landed. All 'if's and but's' though.

Thread Information