Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bute v Mendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another cracking fight to look forward to involving the IBF Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bute v Mendy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, worst boxer Bute have faced in years...Stupid Bika, losing by DQ...But for this time (and not the first), the IBF is at kinda at fault for having such a crappy boxer fighting for the title Eliminator.

Well, I guess it can't be helped. Bute have been waiting to fight in Romania all of his career and no big shot will fight him there. Also, Mendy did won the IBF title eliminator...even if was cheap.

So basically, it's a crappy fight now so he can fight someone big (like Kessler?) by the end of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Eloking View Post
    Yep, worst boxer Bute have faced in years...Stupid Bika, losing by DQ...But for this time (and not the first), the IBF is at kinda at fault for having such a crappy boxer fighting for the title Eliminator.

Well, I guess it can't be helped. Bute have been waiting to fight in Romania all of his career and no big shot will fight him there. Also, Mendy did won the IBF title eliminator...even if was cheap.

So basically, it's a crappy fight now so he can fight someone big (like Kessler?) by the end of the year.
    You could be a big fan mate but this is the last fight we take this bullshit his resume has to be the worst of any world champ I can think of if he dont step up after this fight he is a joke, I cant understand how anyone can have him number one in the division hahaha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    You could be a big fan mate but this is the last fight we take this bullshit his resume has to be the worst of any world champ I can think of if he dont step up after this fight he is a joke, I cant understand how anyone can have him number one in the division hahaha!
    First I'm not a fan of Bute, second if his resume is the worst you know, then I guess you don't know much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First I'm not a fan of Bute, second if his resume is the worst you know, then I guess you don't know much.

His record is shocking he has one of the worst resumes for a world champ like I said. The worst thing is he was Ring number one for a while which was a bigger joke.

I also think he is no way near as good as some people think he is, I would like to see him fight Dirrell his last 4 fights on paper wouldnt look out of place for a 10/15 fight novice looking to get some experience not a so called world champ who is ranked number 1 in his division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His record is shocking he has one of the worst resumes for a world champ like I said. The worst thing is he was Ring number one for a while which was a bigger joke.

I also think he is no way near as good as some people think he is, I would like to see him fight Dirrell his last 4 fights including the mendy fight on paper wouldnt look out of place for a 10/15 fight novice looking to get some experience not a so called world champ who is ranked number 1 in his division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To not recognize a boxer because of his resume, I can understand. But you remind me of Froch who seem to be pissed because Bute have been ranked one on Boxrec and Fightnews.

I honestly think that Bute his to most skilled boxer in super-middleweight, and I don't seem to be the only one that think so. And all this crap about the fact that he's haven't been in a ring for the top 5 of the division isn't his fault.

Either way we'll both be fixed at the end of the year when he'll probably fight Kessler.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a fucking joke. I honestly believe Bute has all the skills to be a top p4p fighter, I think he could have proven himself to be the best in a very deep SMW division, but he's wasting his career. By the time he gets a shot against someone decent, he'll be past it. It seems like he and his team are just content making easy money.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this is finally the fight that wins over Bilbo for Bute. Damn I think he should take an easy one after the murderers row he has faced recently. Theres no way you can keep him out of p4p top 5 after this one. After this fight I hope he takes on Allan Green, or maybe the winner of Nick Diaz Vs Lacy.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Bute fights have you guys seen?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite a few, he has always looked impressive, except that last round against Andrade...but he really does need to step it up soon. Hmm, probably have seen all of his fights since Berrio, maybe a few before that one. Yeah Mendy is undefeated, but he's not fighting anyone scary. Bika was thrashing him until he hit him when he was down. It was ridiculously late too, almost comical if it wasnt such a foul.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

quiet down everybody, quiet down,

There is a reason for it:

1)Bute is back on showtime this fall (october or november)(the fight with Mendy is just a quick in between) apparently Kessler is the target and if it falls apart, they consider Pavlik or Froch.

2)Mendy is the mandatory (yes, unfortunately). Interbox absolutely had to face him within 6-7 months despite Mendy shiteness and they have to get rid of that mandatory ASAP.

3) SO what they did was to make a one stone 3 birds: You fight Mendy straight away to get rid of the stupid mandatory defense till mid 2012, you do that in Roumania to get Bute a quick payday and to keep him busy before his autumn showdown with Kessler on showtime and then possibly match him against the winner of the super 6 or the second place of the super 6, so is the plan apparently.

That's just a quick in between and to get rid of the shit mandatory and to allow Bute to fight at least once in his natal Roumania, really.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think he is no way near as good as some people think he is, I would like to see him fight Dirrell his last 4 fights on paper wouldnt look out of place for a 10/15 fight novice looking to get some experience not a so called world champ who is ranked number 1 in his division.
    How was Kessler's resume before he entered the S6? What is Kessler's key win at this point in his career? How much better is Ward's resume than Bute's? Over and Over, I see British posters on this board state their disdain for the man's resume, but never once have they been able to provide a name of an opponent he ducked. If you think about it, it's actually the exact opposite, after a controversial win over Andrade where he dominated Andrade for 10 of 12 rounds, he showed class by immediately offering him a rematch (I'm also an Andrade fan). In this day and age, that really doesn't happen very often. Khan didn't do it for example.

I'm an unabashed fan of Bute. I am not Canadian or Romanian. I like his skills. I also like that although HBO is more lucrative a sponsor than Showtime, he made the move to return to Showtime after being signed by HBO just so he would be in line to face the S6 winner.

I will challenge you one more time to name me an opponent that Bute should fight at his weight class now. I await your answer.

If you get passed your bias against him, you'll see that giving the fans of his home country a fight before taking on Kessler is probably the best move for his career right now. Now, if he doesn't face Kessler after Mendy, I'll be the first person to be critical.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

How was Kessler's resume before he entered the S6? What is Kessler's key win at this point in his career? How much better is Ward's resume than Bute's? Over and Over, I see British posters on this board state their disdain for the man's resume, but never once have they been able to provide a name of an opponent he ducked. If you think about it, it's actually the exact opposite, after a controversial win over Andrade where he dominated Andrade for 10 of 12 rounds, he showed class by immediately offering him a rematch (I'm also an Andrade fan). In this day and age, that really doesn't happen very often. Khan didn't do it for example.

I'm an unabashed fan of Bute. I am not Canadian or Romanian. I like his skills. I also like that although HBO is more lucrative a sponsor than Showtime, he made the move to return to Showtime after being signed by HBO just so he would be in line to face the S6 winner.

I will challenge you one more time to name me an opponent that Bute should fight at his weight class now. I await your answer.

If you get passed your bias against him, you'll see that giving the fans of his home country a fight before taking on Kessler is probably the best move for his career right now. Now, if he doesn't face Kessler after Mendy, I'll be the first person to be critical.
    Exactly, KEssler is not even available at the moment as he's taking a tune up fight to prepare against Bute (likely) too.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute is a ring piece

Thread Information