Thread: Ponsaklak Wongjongkam/Edgar Sosa & Brian Viloria/Segura on the horizon

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ponsaklak Wongjongkam/Edgar Sosa & Brian Viloria/Segura on the horizon

Pong and Sosa will fight in the fall after their tuneup bouts and Viloria is expected to get a shot at Segura if he gets by Miranda..

Who do you guys like in these matchups??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ponsaklak Wongjongkam/Edgar Sosa & Brian Viloria/Segura on the horizon

Wow! How great would THAT be!

I know Wonjonkam fights a lot of mediocrity, but he seems to be able to summon what he needs when he needs it. I'm not sure what Sosa's edge is that lets him win.

On the other, Viloria is from Maui and a really good kid. But he really strays when he is successful. I think Segura is a killer.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ponsaklak Wongjongkam/Edgar Sosa & Brian Viloria/Segura on the horizon

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post

I know Wonjonkam fights a lot of mediocrity, but he seems to be able to summon what he needs when he needs it. I'm not sure what Sosa's edge is that lets him win.

On the other, Viloria is from Maui and a really good kid. But he really strays when he is successful. I think Segura is a killer.
    Yea, Wong wasted lot of years beating up on part time construction workers,but, his victory over Kameda in Japan was very impressive, no? I agree though.. I like Sosa alot but he doesn't have many advantages over Wong..

Viloria gets hot and cold but if he's in form, he has a good chance here. Most people thought he'd get blown out by Ulisis Solis but he was able to come through. If he goes into this segura bout with that same mental focus, he can possibly outbox him to a UD. Dont get me wrong, I know Segura is a killer but he's also very limited and if there's somebody out there who can make Viloria look good, it's Segura...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

Yea, Wong wasted lot of years beating up on part time construction workers,but, his victory over Kameda in Japan was very impressive, no? I agree though.. I like Sosa alot but he doesn't have many advantages over Wong..

Viloria gets hot and cold but if he's in form, he has a good chance here. Most people thought he'd get blown out by Ulisis Solis but he was able to come through. If he goes into this segura bout with that same mental focus, he can possibly outbox him to a UD. Dont get me wrong, I know Segura is a killer but he's also very limited and if there's somebody out there who can make Viloria look good, it's Segura...
    Nice post. The big question is will Brian train properly and even if he does? How many times can he go to the well when he's let himself go so often.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice post. The big question is will Brian train properly and even if he does? How many times can he go to the well when he's let himself go so often.
    Right back at ya ^^.. Im glad to see another fan of the these lower weight divisions.. Based on my experience in boxing, it's usually the TRUE Boxing fans who are able to appreciate these smaller fighters.

If Viloria is smart, he should realize that this is his last shot on the big stage so he better get up for this or else he's toast.. But considering the fact that there have been so many upsets this year, including victor ortiz of all people, im sure Viloria is inspired..

But first thing is first and he better worry about Miranda because that's no cakewake.. Im sure we'll be able to make a better assessment after this fight..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right back at ya ^^.. Im glad to see another fan of the these lower weight divisions.. Based on my experience in boxing, it's usually the TRUE Boxing fans who are able to appreciate these smaller fighters.

If Viloria is smart, he should realize that this is his last shot on the big stage so he better get up for this or else he's toast.. But considering the fact that there have been so many upsets this year, including victor ortiz of all people, im sure Viloria is inspired..

But first thing is first and he better worry about Miranda because that's no cakewake.. Im sure we'll be able to make a better assessment after this fight..
    Assessment? Is that Saddo's for Wild-assed-guess?

Like a lot of guys i suspect, two things made mereally focus on the little dudes. First was Carbajal and Chuiqita rivalry. The other was working out one day in like 1990-91 watching a PPV undercard and really not paying attention. Then in between sets I watched this little guy just do things pefectly for about 90 seconds and said out loud "Who the eff is THAT?" It was Finito.
    Last edited by marbleheadmaui; 05-27-2011 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PongsaShit is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen...
    One of the worst title reigns ever...
    Sulaiman is a piece of shit for letting him get away with that...

I hope Sosa fucken destrorys him.

Rant over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    PongsaShit is one of the worst boxers I've ever seen...
    One of the worst title reigns ever...
    Sulaiman is a piece of shit for letting him get away with that...

I hope Sosa fucken destrorys him.

Rant over.
    Ya gotta stop holding things in like that. It's not good for ya!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like a lot of guys i suspect, two things made mereally focus on the little dudes. First was Carbajal and Chuiqita rivalry. The other was working out one day in like 1990-91 watching a PPV undercard and really not paying attention. Then in between sets I watched this little guy just do things pefectly for about 90 seconds and said out loud "Who the eff is THAT?" It was Finito.
    Lmao ahhhh yes, the good ole days.. I miss those Don King supercards where he'd have all the big names such as Finito, Norris, Pea and chavez on the same night.. It's funny that you mention the carbajal fight because I rewatched the first Chiquita bout last night and was reminded of how great this Carbajal was.. I would have gave my left nut to see Finito/Carbajal... But anyway, I just can't seem to get excited for these bigger fighters. The real actions are down there..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lmao ahhhh yes, the good ole days.. I miss those Don King supercards where he'd have all the big names such as Finito, Norris, Pea and chavez on the same night.. It's funny that you mention the carbajal fight because I rewatched the first Chiquita bout last night and was reminded of how great this Carbajal was.. I would have gave my left nut to see Finito/Carbajal... But anyway, I just can't seem to get excited for these bigger fighters. The real actions are down there..
    Or Carbajal-Korean Hawk! But the timing there didn't really work. Yeah Finito and Carbajal and Chiquita would have been special.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or Carbajal-Korean Hawk! But the timing there didn't really work. Yeah Finito and Carbajal and Chiquita would have been special.
    Talk about dream fight. Imagine Carbajal, Chang, Chiquita and Finito in a 4-way tournament, that would have really settled things..

Have you seen Chang/Chiquita?? Too bad Chang was past it.. I saw the fight live and ive been trying to get a copy ever since but i can't find it anywhere!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talk about dream fight. Imagine Carbajal, Chang, Chiquita and Finito in a 4-way tournament, that would have really settled things..

Have you seen Chang/Chiquita?? Too bad Chang was past it.. I saw the fight live and ive been trying to get a copy ever since but i can't find it anywhere!
    Yeah I own that one. I'll go through things later and see if I can tell where I got it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Villoria will be a 3 time World champion if he gets through. Not bad.

But as i understand it. Nietes let of go of his WBO 105lbs belt to get a crack at the LightFlyweight version. How come Villoria is lined up ahead of Nietes?

Thread Information