Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: khan v Judah is on primetime

So Khan gets Judah while Ortiz gets Mayweather.... I must admit, I'm a lil' envious of Ortiz, I really waned to see our Amir in with Floyd at some point....

On the other hand, Judah is a decent match up but it seems Judah's ethos has done a complete 180 recently and he starts of as he means to go on (negative) instead of trying in vein to be the front runner... Maybe Khan can release the street thug in Judah again? A brutal low blow here or there? A stool in the face even?!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah vs Khan is a good match up. No easy victory for either(on paper). The flaws and skills that they eaqch process and the fight interesting. Khan chin is a question. Although he only been KO'ed once and was on shaky legs against a hard puncher in M&M. And Judah can crack. Judah has a weak chin. No question about that. But a focus Judah was in for the long haul against Mayweather and Cotto. Seriously took a beaten! But kept fighting! Khan and Judah has very good hand speed. Both fighters defense needs a little work. Both fighters need more wind in the championship rounds.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    I'm not getting it

this will be the first PPV event in a long time ive not payed for

and i know khan will be upset
    Can I ask why not?

This is a great fight & will likely have a decent undercard.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    I'm not getting it

this will be the first PPV event in a long time ive not payed for

and i know khan will be upset
    Can I ask why not?

This is a great fight & will likely have a decent undercard.

principle

the last khan fight i paid for and it was a crap fight with a crap ending and a crap undercard, the whole card was so crap sky refused it to be PPV and he went somewhere else that would get money out of his fans

if khan had said at the end, yeah you know what it shouldnt have been stopped when it was and id like to say sorry to the thousands of fans that have spend their money on a crap night of sport - then i may be happy to get his next fight

as it was the fight clearly shouldnt have been stopped when it was and khan was adament that it should, even coming up with some crap excuse that dudey wanted it stopped

he even said well i would of knocked him out in a couple of rounds anyway, well theres no point in watchin then is there you fool

if i get my £15 back for the last fight i may put it on this one

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PPV is a complete non-issue for me these days, what with Youtube and Streaming Websites.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

principle

the last khan fight i paid for and it was a crap fight with a crap ending and a crap undercard, the whole card was so crap sky refused it to be PPV and he went somewhere else that would get money out of his fans

if khan had said at the end, yeah you know what it shouldnt have been stopped when it was and id like to say sorry to the thousands of fans that have spend their money on a crap night of sport - then i may be happy to get his next fight

as it was the fight clearly shouldnt have been stopped when it was and khan was adament that it should, even coming up with some crap excuse that dudey wanted it stopped

he even said well i would of knocked him out in a couple of rounds anyway, well theres no point in watchin then is there you fool

Hmmm, ok fair enough, it is your money.

Just one thing, are you saying a professional boxer should have accepted the £150k on offer from Sky rather than doing what he did & end up getting just short of half a million?

I personally see the blame from that fight with McCloskey. He seemed content to pose & although the ending pissed me off, I would rather have seen McCloskey make it a bit more clear he wanted to be in there.

Anyway, I'll definitely spend on this one, I certainly think it's better value than any other fight so far this year.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

principle

Just one thing, are you saying a professional boxer should have accepted the £150k on offer from Sky rather than doing what he did & end up getting just short of half a million?

I personally see the blame from that fight with McCloskey. He seemed content to pose & although the ending pissed me off, I would rather have seen McCloskey make it a bit more clear he wanted to be in there.

Anyway, I'll definitely spend on this one, I certainly think it's better value than any other fight so far this year.
    I reckon he would have got a bit more than £150k all in all

and yes I think he should have accepted the fact that it wasnt value for money and left it upto sky to screan it, or cut the price or something

and McClouskey can fight how ever he wants, the fact is the fight shouldnt have been stopped, why khan just couldnt have admitted that i dunno

on a side note, PPV isnt doing boxing any favours

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

principle

I reckon he would have got a bit more than £150k all in all

and yes I think he should have accepted the fact that it wasnt value for money and left it upto sky to screan it, or cut the price or something

and McClouskey can fight how ever he wants, the fact is the fight shouldnt have been stopped, why khan just couldnt have admitted that i dunno

on a side note, PPV isnt doing boxing any favours
    No, he was going to get £150k flat fee from Sky. Obviously he would have got some money from HBO as well, but his original fee from Sky was a minimum guarantee of £750k.

Would you accept earning significantly less money for a job than you believe you were valued to because of issues that were not of your doing? (Remember it was Hatton Promotions job to sort the undercard).

McCloskey can fight how he wants yes. However, if he fights in a negative manner than he's got no recourse for complaining about the fight, particularly as Khan seemed to be connecting more regularly. McCloskey made that a shit fight. Granted the fight shouldn't have been stopped, but McCloskey had done nothing to suggest anything would change other than getting hit more as the fight went on. Why should Khan give him reason to try get a rematch?

I agree on PPV, it's ridiculous that any half-decent fight featuring a domestic fighter is PPV now. If I'd paid for the DeGale/Groves card I'd have been seriously pissed off.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, he was going to get £150k flat fee from Sky. Obviously he would have got some money from HBO as well, but his original fee from Sky was a minimum guarantee of £750k.

Would you accept earning significantly less money for a job than you believe you were valued to because of issues that were not of your doing? (Remember it was Hatton Promotions job to sort the undercard).

McCloskey can fight how he wants yes. However, if he fights in a negative manner than he's got no recourse for complaining about the fight, particularly as Khan seemed to be connecting more regularly. McCloskey made that a shit fight. Granted the fight shouldn't have been stopped, but McCloskey had done nothing to suggest anything would change other than getting hit more as the fight went on. Why should Khan give him reason to try get a rematch?

I agree on PPV, it's ridiculous that any half-decent fight featuring a domestic fighter is PPV now. If I'd paid for the DeGale/Groves card I'd have been seriously pissed off.
    for just the tv money yes it is posible that is all he would have got, all in all tho he would have made a mint

if i was loaded and i had an army of fans i wouldnt complain at them paying a bit extra for my fights. but if my show wasnt up to scratch regardless of whos fault it was I would want to give value for money, at the very least I would at somepoint address the issue with the fans

The fight shouldnt have been stopped it was clear to everyone who knows anything about boxing, do you agree with khan denying this in the wake that it spoilt a night of sport that has cost a lot of people £15?

i paid for the groves degale card and it was much better entertainment than the khan mcclousky card, but that shouldnt be PPV either

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    PPV is a complete non-issue for me these days, what with Youtube and Streaming Websites.
    NO kidding.. I dont even know why people cry about PPVs when there are so many other ways to watch it. It's not a problem..

JUdah/Khan is much better matchup than Bradley imo, stylistically..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    So Khan gets Judah while Ortiz gets Mayweather.... I must admit, I'm a lil' envious of Ortiz, I really waned to see our Amir in with Floyd at some point....

On the other hand, Judah is a decent match up but it seems Judah's ethos has done a complete 180 recently and he starts of as he means to go on (negative) instead of trying in vein to be the front runner... Maybe Khan can release the street thug in Judah again? A brutal low blow here or there? A stool in the face even?!
    I think we are going to see the best version of Judah we have seen in years. I see an early KO. Could you imagine if Judah hits Khan with the huge uppercut he hit Tszyu with in their first round? There will be stars spinning around Khans head whilst he's sparked. Around 1:18 in realtime and around 3:45 for the slow mo replay.

I know Judah isn't that fighter anymore, but Khan is certainly no Tszyu either.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this fight, I'll definitely be getting it. Judah should be competitive and difficult enough for Khan. I am pleased to see Khan still taking on a good, legit opponent despite the Bradley fight falling through. He could probably have taken on another soft touch himself and passed it off as a fight to keep him active while he's waiting for Bradley, but he hasn't. Credit to him

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Zabs live in this one early. Man he looks a hundred yrs old, like one of those old shrunken head dolls.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seems sky have fallen out of love with Khan he should come back to ITV with endorsements he can make more money surely.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information