Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Looks like Cotto vs Margarito is on for December 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    The thing is the in the Cotto fight I think it was the 2nd round that a lot of the damage to the nose occurred and then as the fight went on and Cotto struggled more for air he was easier to hit and the damage just continued to mount. I believe he smashed Cotto's nose because he was cheating.

Also I think Lyle posted some photo's on here of Marg's wraps whilst he was celebrating his win vs Cotto and I must admit his wraps looked Suspicious. Anyway as I said before I have no way of proving he did cheat it is just my opinion that he did, but before the Mosley fight the thought never even crossed my mind and then hindsight kicked in and we all know how great a thing that can be.
    I've seen those photos & they convince me of nothing. It's very hard to believe that they would use exactly the same wraps all that time later because it would mean that the plaster of paris on the wraps would already be hard. The whole point is that it sets properly after the gloves are on. One that's 6 months old would really not be ideal. Not to mention that someone who knows he's got bricks in his wraps wouldn't be parading them to all & sundry.

Also getting a nose busted up just means a punch connected right imo. I recently had the same thing happen & it was not off the hardest puncher I've ever faced. Don't get me wrong, I believe Margarito is a cheating scumbag, but Cotto is a very likeable & popular fighter & I think that's why people look to make excuses for him. It's funny that far less sympathy abounds for Cintron despite the fact he took 2 beatings off Margarito. I believe that Margarito is all wrong for Cotto, his best punch (the uppercut) is what Cotto is way to open for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough one to call. But I hope Cotto get his revenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Did Margarito already get the medical clearance to fight again?
    It was announced by Team Margarito that he has been medically cleared to rematch Miguel Cotto on December 3rd.

Link : Antonio Margarito medically cleared for Miguel Cotto rematch in December - Pittsburgh Fight Sports | Examiner.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Margarito walks through his punches and stops Cotto late. It would be nice to see Cotto get some revenge but i don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cotto is better preserved than Cheato. His beatings by Mosley and Pac probably took more out of him than Cotto's losses to Cheato and Pac.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    The thing is the in the Cotto fight I think it was the 2nd round that a lot of the damage to the nose occurred and then as the fight went on and Cotto struggled more for air he was easier to hit and the damage just continued to mount. I believe he smashed Cotto's nose because he was cheating.

Also I think Lyle posted some photo's on here of Marg's wraps whilst he was celebrating his win vs Cotto and I must admit his wraps looked Suspicious. Anyway as I said before I have no way of proving he did cheat it is just my opinion that he did, but before the Mosley fight the thought never even crossed my mind and then hindsight kicked in and we all know how great a thing that can be.
    I've seen those photos & they convince me of nothing. It's very hard to believe that they would use exactly the same wraps all that time later because it would mean that the plaster of paris on the wraps would already be hard. The whole point is that it sets properly after the gloves are on. One that's 6 months old would really not be ideal. Not to mention that someone who knows he's got bricks in his wraps wouldn't be parading them to all & sundry.

Also getting a nose busted up just means a punch connected right imo. I recently had the same thing happen & it was not off the hardest puncher I've ever faced. Don't get me wrong, I believe Margarito is a cheating scumbag, but Cotto is a very likeable & popular fighter & I think that's why people look to make excuses for him. It's funny that far less sympathy abounds for Cintron despite the fact he took 2 beatings off Margarito. I believe that Margarito is all wrong for Cotto, his best punch (the uppercut) is what Cotto is way to open for.
    Well obviously it won't be the exact same plaster strips used on Cotto as what was used on Mosley, BUT it's not a hard thing to get a few of. I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree and see how the rematch pans out and then make a judgement!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat1126 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Did Margarito already get the medical clearance to fight again?
    It was announced by Team Margarito that he has been medically cleared to rematch Miguel Cotto on December 3rd.

Link : Antonio Margarito medically cleared for Miguel Cotto rematch in December - Pittsburgh Fight Sports | Examiner.com
    Good. Now let's get ready to rummmmbbbblllleeeeee !!!!!!

If the same Cotto and Margarito who faced Pacquiao are the ones who's facing each other, then I think the fight will go to Margarito. But I'm routing for Cotto because I believe that he was cheated in their last fight.

Mentioned
    1675 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    looks like I have to re-new my sky for Pac man v JMM and this fight.
    Next time you call up to cancel you should tell them you're doing it because it's too expensive. They usually start offering you really cheap packages just to stay with them
    It is with Virgin and they do not care and cannot reduce it anymore unfortunately. I have thought about re-new with Sky for a month directly as I have the box and I am sure they would make me offers to stay with them. I could do that I suppose, they may offer the HD box for free.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    I think Margarito walks through his punches and stops Cotto late. It would be nice to see Cotto get some revenge but i don't see it happening.
    yeah, i think it's going to be pretty much similar to the first fight. once cotto starts slowing down in the mid to late rounds he'll be margo's for the taking.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cotto wants to win there's only one way. Jab,Jab, Jab, and get inside and punch the lanky body of Margo's. He can't let him breathe. It's like the old time boxers say, Cotto has got to bob and weave, he can't give this monster a free ride by exposing his head. The fight has to be tight vicious and ugly. Give this monster a taste of a telephone booth type of fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Repeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    Margo could refracture his facial bone. This time, I'm sure he will have second thought of walking through Cotto's punches. Once that cheek swells up bad, I expect the ringside doctor to stop the fight in a heartbeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    If Cotto wants to win there's only one way. Jab,Jab, Jab, and get inside and punch the lanky body of Margo's. He can't let him breathe. It's like the old time boxers say, Cotto has got to bob and weave, he can't give this monster a free ride by exposing his head. The fight has to be tight vicious and ugly. Give this monster a taste of a telephone
    booth type of fight.
    Agree - would love Margo to get a pasting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    If Cotto wants to win there's only one way. Jab,Jab, Jab, and get inside and punch the lanky body of Margo's. He can't let him breathe. It's like the old time boxers say, Cotto has got to bob and weave, he can't give this monster a free ride by exposing his head. The fight has to be tight vicious and ugly. Give this monster a taste of a telephone booth type of fight.
    I hope you're right Bro, it's just Cotto is susceptible to an uppercut
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't want this fight to happen, but now that it appears it will....

Stewart's the key here. Miguel fought Margacheato all wrong in the first fight. He threw punches off his back foot. Mosley then showed the world how it's done, by putting his whole body into the punches. If Cotto can mix up his superior boxing skills (and good jab) with punches aimed THROUGH Margacheato's rib cage and damaged face.... he stands a good chance to win. His stamina and psychological state are key, though.

Thread Information