Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haye - Say's I talked the talk, but I didn't walk the walk!!

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Who did the british commentary?
    Jim Watt and Jon Rawling had Wlad by a landslide.

It seems like they weren't as pathetically juvenile as HBO though.
    Watt was ok? I thought you Brits didn't like him.

I am very interested in Steve Bunce's take on "Toegate" since he's Haye's lickspittle.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye - Say's I talked the talk, but I didn't walk the walk!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    But you'd like to see Wlad completely destroy a guy who trash talked him constantly and disprespected him in a completely tasteless manner right?

I know you wouldn't want to see Wlad do just enough in each round to keep his man at bay score a UD... but you'd love to see a fight where he was on a seek and destroy mission to completely crush a man who wasn't anywhere near his league and who had disrespected him.

Right? You want fighters to show exactly what they are worth and back their own words up after all.
    Of course I wanted Wlad to KO Haye, but Haye fought such a negative fight it made it difficult for Wlad to land clean. I don't think a rematch would solve anything.

I was disappointed there was no KO, Wlad was disappointed there was no KO, but Haye didn't earn a rematch and I wouldn't want to watch it.
    That would be about as exciting as Wlad giving Ibragimuffin a rematch. I don't see there being much interest or money in a Wlad vs. Haye II.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets not forget Wlad said haye would be his 50th KO victim in a long and painful night

Haye wasn't kayoed and he certainly didnt look in pain at any stage (apart from his toe of course)
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am very interested in Steve Bunce's take on "Toegate" since he's Haye's lickspittle.
    They gave Wlad credit for being a brilliant boxer instead of acting like beavis and butthead making fun of Haye.

You would have enjoyed the British broadcast. Trust me.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bunce wrote this article for a newspaper The Independent. I think its a fair summary

Boxing: Klitschko mocks sad Haye after leaving him battered and broken - Others, More Sports - The Independent
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They gave Wlad credit for being a brilliant boxer instead of acting like beavis and butthead making fun of Haye.

You would have enjoyed the British broadcast. Trust me.
    True, they were mocking Haye an awful lot. Understandable, but these guys are supposed to be pros, not guys like us.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But you'd like to see Wlad completely destroy a guy who trash talked him constantly and disprespected him in a completely tasteless manner right?

I know you wouldn't want to see Wlad do just enough in each round to keep his man at bay score a UD... but you'd love to see a fight where he was on a seek and destroy mission to completely crush a man who wasn't anywhere near his league and who had disrespected him.

Right? You want fighters to show exactly what they are worth and back their own words up after all.
    Of course I wanted Wlad to KO Haye, but Haye fought such a negative fight it made it difficult for Wlad to land clean. I don't think a rematch would solve anything.

I was disappointed there was no KO, Wlad was disappointed there was no KO, but Haye didn't earn a rematch and I wouldn't want to watch it.

At times Haye was there to be hit, had Wlad showed more aggression when haye was on the ropes and especially in corners (as was the case several times) he would have had the opportunity to land some hurtful combos but I think he was worried about what would come back if he opened up more.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wouldn't want to see it again if i'm totally honest... his brother should get the chance to KO Haye but I very much doubt that they want to give him another payday.

Someone said the following to me yesterday and it makes you think... if you where a pro boxer, REALLY belived you had a chance of beating wlad and you had a toe injury... would you have carried on with the fight.

if you where a pro boxer and knew you had no chance of winning and got a toe injury... would you carry on with the fight.

Haye is coming out of this not looking that great and that saddens me as i still don't think he sucked as much as i expected him to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must say, although I think all this swanning around the various media outlets is a PR stunt by Hayemaker, I give David respect for manning up, taking it all on the chin & admitting where he went wrong so quickly.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    wouldn't want to see it again if i'm totally honest... his brother should get the chance to KO Haye but I very much doubt that they want to give him another payday.

Someone said the following to me yesterday and it makes you think... if you where a pro boxer, REALLY belived you had a chance of beating wlad and you had a toe injury... would you have carried on with the fight.

if you where a pro boxer and knew you had no chance of winning and got a toe injury... would you carry on with the fight.

Haye is coming out of this not looking that great and that saddens me as i still don't think he sucked as much as i expected him to.
    I think he gets absolutely no money and a hundred times more stick for pulling out (again) with a broken toe then he does for showing up with a broken toe and losing.

if he pulled out with a broken toe or even tried to post pone it then I could have seen the fight never happening to be honest.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he gets absolutely no money and a hundred times more stick for pulling out (again) with a broken toe then he does for showing up with a broken toe and losing.

if he pulled out with a broken toe or even tried to post pone it then I could have seen the fight never happening to be honest.
    my personal view is... if you really thought you had a chance of winning you would not gamble with the multi million pound haye brand by going in even 90% regardless of what people thought unless you knew it would make no difference to the outcome.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd agree but what would pulling out with a broken little pinky do to the 'Haye Brand'?

Ruin it in my opinion...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye would have come out a hell of a lot better and gotten more credit if he hadn't talked so much trash before the fight, it just ended up making him look foolish. He could have promoted the fight just as well without all the uncalled for juvenile insults, which I believe actually motivated Wlad.

Just guessing, i'd say Haye is going to have a hard time convincing his fans in the UK and boxing fans in general, that he's a worthy opponent for Wlad again. I wouldn't feel too sad for Haye if I was you Saddo, he likely made $40-$45 million American off this farce of a fight.

cheers
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 07-04-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only took three days, brilliant. Takes a little to come on and say, yeh I was totally wrong. Point for that.

I don't think there will be rematch and don't think there should be. It's odd to hear a guy call for a rematch based not on merit and due to what a fight he put forth but instead say Wlad should take me for a payday Seriously, Haye has delusions of grandeur and needs to get back in line, concentrate on fighting more and politicking less. It just all rings shallow when he just had 12 rounds to talk with his fists, bit of going to the well one time to much. Rhetoric is not his friend!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched Thrilla in Manila........goddam, now look at Haye/Klit, and QUICK! GRAB A FUCKING BARF BAG.

Thread Information