Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez vs Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Even at this weight Juan Manuel Lopez looks thick and too heavy. I look forward to seeing how he looks, but my initial impression is he shouldn't try to be any heavier against Manny.
    I think his body looked fine. He is thicker in his last few fights at 135.
    He rehydrated against katsidis to 145.

If I am him I train hard and get in great shape and come in around 138 again.
    For whatever reason if Marquez were to come in at 141 and rehydrate 4 pounds and fight at 145 he'll look much worse than if he weighs in at 138 and fights at 145.

Makes no sense to me, but it seems to be true for Marquez.
    Hard to argue with that now

Manny fights around 147-148 so if JMM is 144-5 on fight night? Where he wants to be is my guess.
    Yeah just be in the same shape as lightweight fights and that is what you have, 2 lightweights(or a lightweight and small junior welter).

I hate the people saying Pac has grown into a welter when the man is only about 3-4 pounds bigger than when he fought Marquez the last time (where they weighed in at 130!!!!!!!). And to be 3-4 pounds bigger, Pac has to consume a ton of calories during training to get there. Manny could make 135 with some work and 140 in his sleep. He eats and drinks pretty normally up to the weigh in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Even at this weight Juan Manuel Lopez looks thick and too heavy. I look forward to seeing how he looks, but my initial impression is he shouldn't try to be any heavier against Manny.

For whatever reason if Marquez were to come in at 141 and rehydrate 4 pounds and fight at 145 he'll look much worse than if he weighs in at 138 and fights at 145.

Manny fights around 147-148 so if JMM is 144-5 on fight night? Where he wants to be is my guess.
    Something I thought was kinda weird the announcer said his official weight was 135lbs but the earlier weigh in Cor. Bob said he was heavy at 138lbs.

I believe his weight was 138 and I thought 140 was the max contracted weight for the fight. I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah just be in the same shape as lightweight fights and that is what you have, 2 lightweights(or a lightweight and small junior welter).

I hate the people saying Pac has grown into a welter when the man is only about 3-4 pounds bigger than when he fought Marquez the last time (where they weighed in at 130!!!!!!!). And to be 3-4 pounds bigger, Pac has to consume a ton of calories during training to get there. Manny could make 135 with some work and 140 in his sleep. He eats and drinks pretty normally up to the weigh in.
    Yup. Thanks as always! G'night!
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what a right !!! Congrats to JMM!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup. Thanks as always! G'night!
    Manny S. keeps on repeating how is a blown up lightweight. I inclined to agree because of his training diet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That KO looked odd.

Marquez landed a good right hand which definitely caused the knockdown but i think Ramos reaction after that looked odd, like he faked being out cold.

For those that haven't seen it. Have a look and see what you think.

Not to discredit Marquez though. Ramos had no chance against him ( he obviously had the same opinion) and it was just a stay busy fight so he isn't rusty against Pacquiao. I don't know how much one round will help him though.

I hope he gives Pacquiao one hell of a fight, he deserved that second fight imo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    That KO looked odd.

Marquez landed a good right hand which definitely caused the knockdown but i think Ramos reaction after that looked odd, like he faked being out cold.

Not to discredit Marquez though. Ramos had no chance against him ( he obviously had the same opinion) and it was just a stay busy fight so he isn't rusty against Pacquiao. I don't know how much one round will help him though.

I hope he gives Pacquiao one hell of a fight, he deserved that second fight imo.
    It was a genuine knockdown but not a genuine Knock out. When a guy is out cold he doesnt have the ability to try and steady himself like Ramos did on the way down. Once he was there on the canvas I think he just decided to sit it out and perform a Direll.

I think we saw two thrown fights last night. This one and Burns vs Cook. Neither loser intended on getting past round 1 IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    That KO looked odd.

It was a genuine knockdown but not a genuine Knock out. When a guy is out cold he doesnt have the ability to try and steady himself like Ramos did on the way down. Once he was there on the canvas I think he just decided to sit it out and perform a Direll.

I think we saw two thrown fights last night. This one and Burns vs Cook. Neither loser intended on getting past round 1 IMO.
    Yeah i agree. Ramos fell oddly, like you said steadying himself on the way down then looking like he was knocked out cold.

Knockdown was legit, the KO was not.

I don't think Cook threw the fight against Burns. I just think he threw his back out when Burns landed to his body, he obviously had a problem with his back and should of never been in the ring though.

How he made it through his training camp and the medicals i don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a crock of shit.

More corrupt bullshit. Becoming a bit of a regular occurence now.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ramos didnt fancy the job so sat it out IMO. No even completing 1 round won't do Marquez any real favours who if everyone hadnt noticed was getting tagged fairly easily against Ramos. It could be he has slowed up or he didnt see Ramos as a threat so took more risks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Ramos didnt fancy the job so sat it out IMO. No even completing 1 round won't do Marquez any real favours who if everyone hadnt noticed was getting tagged fairly easily against Ramos. It could be he has slowed up or he didnt see Ramos as a threat so took more risks.
    I hope it's the latter for Marquez's sake.

I would hate to see Marquez stopped by Pacquiao.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

re-watch and see what you think. There is no doubt he will touch down imo.

Btw Barrera looked spiffing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    We still got 30 Mins.... I guess they will come in with another stand by fight. I think this is Rafe is getting ready for Hasegawa?
    That might not be too bad. Hawsegawa is really sound, but he's not especially athletic.

That'd be worth watching.
    What do you mean by not especially athletic? You mentioned earlier Rafa's problem would be someone with fast hand's.... personaly I think Hozumi has a set of very fast hands. Although his chin versus marquez would be abit of a problem

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    I hope it's the latter for Marquez's sake.

I would hate to see Marquez stopped by Pacquiao.
    I would be very surprised if there was any other outcome.

I honestly don't think it will be any more competitive than Pac - Morales III.

Marquez is well over the hill.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I hate to agree with a fellow mod. I think CFH is right.

Thread Information