There's this myth that has been floating around for years that everyone from fans to boxing experts rated Tyson as an ATG HW after the destruction of Spinks. I say false. It's only the casual fans that did this, not the long term fans that said that, it was too early to give him that lofty status of up there with ALi and Louis. Tyson fanboys always loved to parade this myth as if it's some fact. My dad and his friends didn't say that about Tyson and they were hardcore fans, because they felt it was way too early. And other boxing experts also felt that way.

This is HBO's post fight special of the Spinks-Tyson fight
At the 9:00 minute mark of the video Larry Merchant asks a few experts about Tyson.
One guy says, "I think it's premature to imagine him as the best or greatest yet, he's 22 years old and has never been in a fight."

Then the video continues where someone says, "Greatest in history?" The guy talking says, "No."
Larry Merchant then asks another expert, "Do you think he would have beaten Joe Louis or Ali?" The expert answers, "Joe Louis, no. Ali, no. Not at this point. I would have to see further development. As far as what's out there now, Evander Holyfield the CW champion could suggest would be a decent fighter."

This so called myth that Tyson was being proclaimed as greatest HW or amongst the greatest HWs after the destruction of Spinks is just that a myth.