Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lesnar vs Overeem Nov. 30th!

Supposedly a five roun non title main event

Tough fight for both men, bodog had the odds at -115 Lesnar, -115 Overeem earlier today. I'd bet Lesnar if I had too, but Overeem could just as easily get the "W". Great match up!

They also announced Ben Henderson vs Clay Guida for the Fox card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lesnar vs Overeem Nov. 30th!

I think Lesnar knocks him out. I was not impressed with Overeems stand up skills against werdum.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be a war while it lasts. Dont underestimate Overeem's standup, he was K1 champ at one point so he aint no mug in the stand up. He could give Lesnar fit's if he lands with those bombs of his, but same can be said for Lesnar, 50/50 fight this one and one im looking forward to. Winner will no doubt get a shot at the winner of Cain v JDS
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On the feet Brock losses this he can't stand being punched his chin in his last to fights has looked terrible saying that i don't expect him to stand with Overeem so Brock will brobably try and ground and pound him for the win. Wrestler vs striker whats new! Anyones guess but i like Overeem so ill pick the reem!

Guida vs Bendo i'm hoping is for the no.1 contender spot because Guida deserves that chance. I'm going with with Guida he is a badass!

Ufc 135 Sanchez out with an injury Koscheck in against Hughes.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Guida vs Bendo i'm hoping is for the no.1 contender spot because Guida deserves that chance. I'm going with with Guida he is a badass!

Ufc 135 Sanchez out with an injury Koscheck in against Hughes.
    Yea, agree, Clay deserves a crack after his dominant showing against Pettis.

Gutted for Diego, just read a piece about him yesterday being ripped off by a so called mate, and him going off the rails after the BJ defeat.
    Seems to have got himself back together, going back to Greg Jacksons camp, shame, was looking forward to that match. Hope Hughes smashes Josh, the lad's a complete tool !
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Overeem/Lesnar going pretty much like JDS/Lesnar. Overeem may not have JDS's boxing but he is a much more accomplished striker. The Guida/Bendo fight should be dynamite. Other than Cruz I can think of two fighters that are more active in the octagon.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I see Overeem/Lesnar going pretty much like JDS/Lesnar. Overeem may not have JDS's boxing but he is a much more accomplished striker. The Guida/Bendo fight should be dynamite. Other than Cruz I can think of two fighters that are more active in the octagon.
    Too bad we didn't see JDS vs Brock otherwise we would have abetter idea of how the fight will got.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right...I meant JDS vs Carwin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right...I meant JDS vs Carwin
    I thought so, i don't think you can compare Carwins wrestling with Brock's because he doesn't really use it whereas Brock does when things aren't going his way on the feet so Overeem is going to need his takedown defence to be very good to keep it on the feet. I mean in the JDS fight Carwin didn't really want to get it down to the ground and wasn't persistant to get it there but i think Brock would just keep going at it to get it down.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Brock's wrestling is top notch I just haven't seen him incorporate it very well into MMA. His wins have come largely from overwhelming people with his physicality (Couture, Herring, Mir 2). He did have some good takedowns the first time with Mir but for having the wrestling pedigree he has he has not used it like say Sonnen. Lastly between Carwin and Cain the guy is very hittable. With his lack of true mixed martial arts and standup defense I just don't see him being able to beat a solid veteran like Overeem. If he can get the fight down he can dish out some serious punishment so he has a shot. Maybe Overeem will gas like Carwin

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    I think Lesnar knocks him out. I was not impressed with Overeems stand up skills against werdum.

Snakey you know better than that.

Alistair Overeem is the K-1 Grand Prix World Champion. Meaning he is arguably the very best heavyweight kickboxer in the world.

The man is a great stand up fighter with knock out power. Watch his fights with Brett Rogers and Todd Duffee, huge men who were strikers themselves whom he wrecked.

Lesnar is NOT a striker, he reacts like a school girl when he gets hit hard in the face by someone his own size or close to his size.

This is a 50/50 fight as Lesnar could take Reem down to the ground and pound him.

But, if it stays on the feet then Lesnar is going to get his head knocked off.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

While Brock's wrestling is top notch I just haven't seen him incorporate it very well into MMA. His wins have come largely from overwhelming people with his physicality (Couture, Herring, Mir 2). He did have some good takedowns the first time with Mir but for having the wrestling pedigree he has he has not used it like say Sonnen. Lastly between Carwin and Cain the guy is very hittable. With his lack of true mixed martial arts and standup defense I just don't see him being able to beat a solid veteran like Overeem. If he can get the fight down he can dish out some serious punishment so he has a shot. Maybe Overeem will gas like Carwin
    I agree with that and no was is Overeem getting gassed! He can do the three rounds easy I mean watch him training...

Alistair Overeem - Video Clip 03 - YouTube
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Alistair Overeem is the K-1 Grand Prix World Champion. Meaning he is arguably the very best heavyweight kickboxer in the world.

The man is a great stand up fighter with knock out power. Watch his fights with Brett Rogers and Todd Duffee, huge men who were strikers themselves whom he wrecked.

Lesnar is NOT a striker, he reacts like a school girl when he gets hit hard in the face by someone his own size or close to his size.

This is a 50/50 fight as Lesnar could take Reem down to the ground and pound him.

Well mate I didnt see those skills against werdum. I think if Werdum didnt pull guard so many times he would of won that fight. Brock has a heavy punch and just coz he was overwhelmed by carwin and velazquez (two guys that would destroy overeem) I wouldnt say Brocks stand up is that bad. Carwin is a beast and so is velazsquez and I think they are a level above overeem.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well mate I didnt see those skills against werdum. I think if Werdum didnt pull guard so many times he would of won that fight. Brock has a heavy punch and just coz he was overwhelmed by carwin and velazquez (two guys that would destroy overeem) I wouldnt say Brocks stand up is that bad. Carwin is a beast and so is velazsquez and I think they are a level above overeem.
    Is the Werdum fight the only fight you have seen of Overeem ?

Alistair clearly won that fight, and Werdum CHOSE to go to the ground and lay there and try to bait Overeem in as it was his only chance to win and he knew it. He wanted no part of standing up with Overeem and clearly lost the fight.

Overeem would KO Carwin. For God sakes Gonzaga nearly KO'd him and he's not a puncher. The man gases after a round or two.

Velazquez could very well knockout Overeem, but we'll see. The Reem must get thru Brock first.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is the Werdum fight the only fight you have seen of Overeem ?

Alistair clearly won that fight, and Werdum CHOSE to go to the ground and lay there and try to bait Overeem in as it was his only chance to win and he knew it. He wanted no part of standing up with Overeem and clearly lost the fight.

Overeem would KO Carwin. For God sakes Gonzaga nearly KO'd him and he's not a puncher. The man gases after a round or two.

Velazquez could very well knockout Overeem, but we'll see. The Reem must get thru Brock first.
    No Ive seen overeem fight before and im not impressed. I think being a K1 champion over rates his stand up skills. A knock out over todd duffee isnt anything to brag about after his last performance in the UFC and the fact he was a late replacement in the DREAM event. He only beat Werdum coz he 'looked' more aggressive since he wasnt the one flopping to the ground. Werdum landed cleanly on overeem plenty of times, if Carwin lands ONCE...its goodnight. Carwin took the best of JDS and kept on coming, I think JDS hits harder than Overeem. I think everyone of those strikeforce heavyweights get eaten alive by JDS, Carwin, Brock and Cain. UFC is where the quality fighters are. I watched strikeforce today....King Mo would be knocked out by Rampage, Evans, Jon Jones, Machida, Shogun - Rockhold and Jacare would be dominated by Anderson Silva, belfort, sonnen, Maia and Munoz - Barnett, Silva, the russian dude whos name i cant spell lol, Cormeir would all be destroyed by the top 4 UFC heavyweights (even cormier acknowledged in his post fight speech that Silva is definitely no cain velaszquez).

Anyway back to my point, Overeem has fought cans..brock has fought Mir, Velazquez and Carwin in the last couple of yrs. If anyones in doubt in this fight, id say its Overeem. Allistair Ubereem is about to be small fish in a big pond and hes got some big sharks heading his way
    Hidden Content

Thread Information