Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Beer

So, following hot on the heels of the wine and spirits threads comes the king and the pauper of drinking, with beers ranging from the sensational to the simply horrible.

Personally, I'm a big fan of real ales, especially Black Sheep Beer, Bishop's Finger, Tomos Watkin's Cwrw Gaeaf (winter beer) and the Purple Moose brewery, of which I haven't tasted a bad one yet.

In terms of mass market bitter, I'm not really too keen, but am open to a Newcastle Brown from time to time, and occasionally a Boddingtons. Mainly however, I tend to enjoy lager when I'm on a night out, namely Nastro Azzuro, San Miguel, Heineken, Brahma and when I can find it a Hoegarden on tap.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Beer

To me, Belgium are top of the league in the world for the blonde and the brown; Grimburgen, Leffe, Malheur, Abbaye du Roc, Brigand... damn! Still, I quite like when my beers are black like the night and thick like a brick, Guinness, McEwan Stout are some of my fav. When I feel like a wuss and that I want something very light though, I always enjoyed a good Carlsberg.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    To me, Belgium are top of the league in the world for the blonde and the brown; Grimburgen, Leffe, Malheur, Abbaye du Roc, Brigand... damn! Still, I quite like when my beers are black like the night and thick like a brick, Guinness, McEwan Stout are some of my fav. When I feel like a wuss and that I want something very light though, I always enjoyed a good Carlsberg.
    I agree, Belgian beers are very tasty. My best friend is from Belgium and I will likely go and visit next year and sample lots of beer.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had at least four pints of Guinness before breakfast once down in Polzeath.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

El Kabong Guest

I've recently been digging on a local brew here in Greensboro its called Red Oak its an amber lager. They also make a bock called Battlefield and a very nice lighter lager called Humming Bird. They are all brewed in accordance to the 1516 (I think) Bavarian purity law. You can also mix and match them, its great stuff.

I like Belgian beer good enough, Tripel Karmaliet is great stuff.

Weihenstephaner is amazing stuff. Dixie Blackened Voodoo is good, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sweetwater 420 IPA, I just love all different types of beer.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a Saturday night, and I've seen away a couple of Bishops Fingers, which were lovely, and now enjoying a Bateman's Victory ale, which at 6% I would normally find to be quite strong tasting, but actually is really nicely balanced, and doesn't taste as strong as it is.

I've got some Hooky Gold and a Honey Beer, along with a few bottles of Magners cider to help see through this evening. Then depending on how coherent I am, I may move on to a snifter or two of the Isle of Jura I bought myself for my birthday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am always keen on trying local brews when I find one. I'm sure I've had plenty of Belgium beers but Mare D'sous (sp?) is the only one that stuck in my memory. It is done by Belgian monks and is 15% alcohol if I remember. Didn't take many (2) to give me a wicked buzz. I am fond of a couple Louisiana breweries. Dixie beer makes a really good Blackened Voodoo Lager that has a good bite and Abita has a couple of good beers. I normally don't like fruity beers but Abita as a rasberry wheat called Purple Haze that is tasty and a strawberry ale that goes down great on a hot summer day. Here in Texas we have Shiner brewery which while is in no way a micro does good stuff. A Shiner Bock and Texas BBQ go together like hookers and blow. I drink a lot of Sam Adams' beer particularly the black stout and boston lager. I also really enjoy a mexican beer called Bohemia. When it comes to light and cheap I often get a six pack of Corona or Lone Star for long days on the lake.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

I just bought my brother some Abita for his birthday. The Pecan Harvest and Jocamo(sp?), I've had the Purple Haze its also very good.

I am enjoying all the craft beers I get to try, they are very different than the more established brands.

I've got the Sam Adams Boston Lager glasses and I'll be damned if they don't make a HUGE difference in the taste.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for beer its lucky lager all the way. cfh will prob be the only one who knows this beer.
    its not very good but its cheap and that is for me.

once in a while I will buy some newcastle brown ale just cause its my hometown but that is all.
    a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Prague is the centre of the world when it comes to Lager , my fav english ale is either Mardons Pedigree or Abbots Ale.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gimme a fosters any day
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The original Bud from Czech Republic before the US nicked it..Ice cold it's the daddy

Thread Information