Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir khan: mayweather ducking me

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Of course I have seen it, it's on You Tube where everything else in the world can be found. It is a close fight, but Marquez did enough and points were taken away far too easily. Just as with the Manny fights Marquez has a very solid case. Khan on the other hand has no case and so should have tried to atone for his awful showing. The official records are full of holes and dodgy decisions, why should you need to make amends for being ripped off by dodgy officiating? Now being stopped in a minute is a different story. Lewis did it, Mosley tried to do it as did Barrera and yet you have fighters like Khan who run a mile. There is nothing wrong with taking a loss, but a fighter cannot call themselves the best if they fail to at least try and correct a devastating loss. That earns a lot more respect than pretending it never even happened.

My argument is stupendously sublime and yours is utter hogwash and poppycock. Now be gone with you, you naive and silly little child. Before I spank you on my knee and throw darts into my Manny Pacquiao poster.
    Your initial contention has to do with avenging a loss, you didn't mention that they only have to avenge a devastating loss.

Would you consider Sergio Martinez loss by 7th round TKO to Antonio Margarito as a devastating loss? So, is Martinez blatantly ducking Margarito for not avenging the loss? Does this mean that he didn't earn your respect for not correcting that loss?

And what's this obsession you have with cock? Don't you have ............... never mind.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cannot criticise Khan, the sun headline is just trying to just do that and grab the headlines. Khan is trying to take on anyone and everyone legitimately able to challenge him. I would prefer for Khan to stay at light welter and beat Bradley and be rightly regarded as the best at the weight. I am also glad Morales does not want to fight him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Cannot criticise Khan, the sun headline is just trying to just do that and grab the headlines. Khan is trying to take on anyone and everyone legitimately able to challenge him. I would prefer for Khan to stay at light welter and beat Bradley and be rightly regarded as the best at the weight. I am also glad Morales does not want to fight him.
    Very true.
    Stay at light welter and wait for bradley.
    Judah and malinaggi were way past their prime!
    I realise that great fighters like ali, lennox and ray leonard etc all had losses but they were different.

Everyone must agree that khan loss to prescott was not via decision..or the fact that he quit..khans loss to prescott was a complete and utter obliteration that could have killed him..khan was destroyed.

Khan has superb speed and a brilliant boxing iQ..but his wins over a faded paulie and judah are not comparable to a prescott rematch!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post
    Of course I have seen it, it's on You Tube where everything else in the world can be found. It is a close fight, but Marquez did enough and points were taken away far too easily. Just as with the Manny fights Marquez has a very solid case. Khan on the other hand has no case and so should have tried to atone for his awful showing. The official records are full of holes and dodgy decisions, why should you need to make amends for being ripped off by dodgy officiating? Now being stopped in a minute is a different story. Lewis did it, Mosley tried to do it as did Barrera and yet you have fighters like Khan who run a mile. There is nothing wrong with taking a loss, but a fighter cannot call themselves the best if they fail to at least try and correct a devastating loss. That earns a lot more respect than pretending it never even happened.

My argument is stupendously sublime and yours is utter hogwash and poppycock. Now be gone with you, you naive and silly little child. Before I spank you on my knee and throw darts into my Manny Pacquiao poster.
    Your initial contention has to do with avenging a loss, you didn't mention that they only have to avenge a devastating loss.

Would you consider Sergio Martinez loss by 7th round TKO to Antonio Margarito as a devastating loss? So, is Martinez blatantly ducking Margarito for not avenging the loss? Does this mean that he didn't earn your respect for not correcting that loss?

And what's this obsession you have with cock? Don't you have ............... never mind.
    Martinez should rematch and destroy Margarito. Obviously.

There is a rooster that wakes me up a 4am every morning. However, you are a different kind of cock and probably dream of inserting your tiny one into Manny Pac night after night. I wish you luck in your romantic pursuit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if that is the case Amir, how about firing in a challenge to the Pacman? That fight would keep us occupied for about 5 minutes!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny wont fight amir.
    Manny only fights fighters coming off losses. Amir is too much of a risk for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martinez should rematch and destroy Margarito. Obviously.

There is a rooster that wakes me up a 4am every morning. However, you are a different kind of cock and probably dream of inserting your tiny one into Manny Pac night after night. I wish you luck in your romantic pursuit.
    You are evading the question. It's not about whether Martinez should rematch Margarito, it's about whether your argument about Amir Khan applies to Sergio Martinez. Do you think Martinez is "blatantly ducking" for not avenging his loss to Margarito?

And you're really obsessed with cock. Can't find yours?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Manny wont fight amir.
    Manny only fights fighters coming off losses. Amir is too much of a risk for him.
    The only risk Pacman would be taking in a fight with Amir Khan is the risk of hurting his hand on Khan's jaw thus delaying the PBF showdown yet again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, what can you say about Juan Manuel Marquez not avenging his loss against Chris John? Is that blatant ducking?
    YES! Seriously, it's ridiculous JMM got such a free pass on that.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is saying all the right things. Right now I see him as the best option realistically for Floyd.

Let's look at the options.

Manny, of course the fight we all want.Floyd does not seem to want this at all, at least not yet.

Martinez, Probably the toughest opponent out there would be Martinez at 154. Highly doubt Floyd would ever consider taking that fight.

After that.............

There is ONLY Khan. Who else has as big a profile and could generate as much money as Mayweather vs Khan outside of the above two?

Bradley and Berto don't bring anything. Cotto is no longer a draw and Chazez Jr and Alvarez couldn't be sold as credible opponents.

If Floyd keeps on fighting it's hard to see how he can avoid Khan if he refuses to fight Manny and Martinez.

Khan needs to keep hounding him, make that fight happen.

I actually think he has a live chance, and he will certainly give it a good go early.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Khan is saying all the right things. Right now I see him as the best option realistically for Floyd.

Manny, of course the fight we all want.Floyd does not seem to want this at all, at least not yet.

Martinez, Probably the toughest opponent out there would be Martinez at 154. Highly doubt Floyd would ever consider taking that fight.

After that.............

There is ONLY Khan. Who else has as big a profile and could generate as much money as Mayweather vs Khan outside of the above two?
    I agree that Khan is the third-best option for Floyd. Probably the only fight besides the two actually great fights you mention that I would pay to see.

But you have to agree that Floyd would get zero credit for winning that fight. "So what, he beat a work-in-progress 140-pounder who's never beaten an elite fighter. Cherry-picking again."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Mayweather/Khan can happen, I think it'd be a real interesting fight. Khan and Bradley will both make the step up to Welter. Bradley will fight Pac after a tune up I believe.

Khan v Mayweather and Bradley v Pac, both around Easter I reckon.

Hopefully the winner of both will face off against eachother in the summer. I'll believe it when I see it but this all makes perfect sense for some great Welter action in 2012.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

After that.............

I agree that Khan is the third-best option for Floyd. Probably the only fight besides the two actually great fights you mention that I would pay to see.

But you have to agree that Floyd would get zero credit for winning that fight. "So what, he beat a work-in-progress 140-pounder who's never beaten an elite fighter. Cherry-picking again."

It would be unfair to give him zero credit. He's now rated number 1 by Ring magazine at 140 and has wins over some decent opposition. Barrera, Kotelnik, Maidana, Judah etc

Importantly he has beaten Barrera, Judah and Maidana he has wins over some of HBO's biggest stars of the past and present, and he's always in exciting fights.

He's easily one of the top 5 most gifted, slickest, fastest boxers in the sport and is a massive, massive draw for a boxer.

It would be a huge fight, as big, if not bigger than Mayweather Hatton, and Khan has a much better chance to win than Hatton imo too.

I would be totally pumped to see this fight. I think it's a great matchup. I'd want Khan to take at least one fight at welter first, but as Flody probably won't fight again for another year anyway he has the time to grow into weight.

Let's see Sep 2012. Khan has grown and improved some more, Floyd has got a year older and has had another year of inactivity.

I don't think they would be all that far apart on skill set.

I really think Amir would have a good shot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

After that.............

It would be unfair to give him zero credit. He's now rated number 1 by Ring magazine at 140 and has wins over some decent opposition. Barrera, Kotelnik, Maidana, Judah etc

Importantly he has beaten Barrera, Judah and Maidana he has wins over some of HBO's biggest stars of the past and present, and he's always in exciting fights.

He's easily one of the top 5 most gifted, slickest, fastest boxers in the sport and is a massive, massive draw for a boxer.

It would be a huge fight, as big, if not bigger than Mayweather Hatton, and Khan has a much better chance to win than Hatton imo too.

I would be totally pumped to see this fight. I think it's a great matchup. I'd want Khan to take at least one fight at welter first, but as Flody probably won't fight again for another year anyway he has the time to grow into weight.

Let's see Sep 2012. Khan has grown and improved some more, Floyd has got a year older and has had another year of inactivity.

I don't think they would be all that far apart on skill set.

I really think Amir would have a good shot.
    Honestly, that list of names on his win list is not helping the argument. Barrera and Judah were way past it and Kotelnik and Maidana are very limited (especially Maidana). I think this is British bias. Even though I agree with you that Kahn is up there in terms of athleticism and natural talent, this would not be huge in the U.S.

I think Kahn should fight Bradley, then move up and fight a tier-2 (behind Manny & Floyd) WW -- Berto is really the only guy that might fit the bill. That's what it would take to set up a big fight with Floyd.

At this point if they made that fight next, my resentment at not getting Floyd/Pac would far outweigh my interest in watching Floyd/Kahn. Which is a long way of saying, I guess there are actually only 2 Floyd fights I'd actually care to see at this point.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd ducking khan . Now thats stupid funny. These two have something in common. They are good fighters but everytime they open their mouths, you realize how uneducated and immature they are. Khan strikes me as pretty thick guy. Floyd would knock him out midrounds and ruin him. Khan is just ok but hes nowhere near floyds class.

Khan is a b level fighter.

Thread Information