Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wladimir Klitschko V Jean Marc Mormeck! WTF?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wladimir Klitschko V Jean Marc Mormeck! WTF?

Jean Marc Mormeck

Natural cruiserweight
    Only 5'11"
    5 fights in 6 years
    4 wins(0 ko) in 6 years
    1 Loss(1 ko) in 6 years (TKO'd by Haye)

Well Wladimir you've did it again. You've successfully landed yourself another easy fight against another cruiserweight and a guy who's got 2 knockout wins in 40 fights!

When Tyson Fury has been calling you out since the Haye fight!

BS! Pure BS!
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko V Jean Marc Mormeck! WTF?

Yes, a truly rubbish fight. Wlad won me over with Haye, but this causes my eyebrow to arch and look at him as the truly inferior sibling.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I agree it's an awful fight. Fury hasn't called Wlad out however. He's not ready for a Klitschko yet and won't be being rushed into a title fight soon.

The problem for the Klitschko's is that they have already defeated everybody.

There are only one or two fighters who haven't yet had their shot, and that only because they didn't want it, Povetkin for example.

Who is there to fight that Wlad hasn't already fought?

Also at this stage, as a former undisputed cruiserweight champ, Mormeck is actually no worse an opponent than Fury would be really, certainly he's more acomplished on paper, even though I suspect Fury would beat him.

Ultimately though there is no opponent out there that wouldn't be met with scoff's as the gulf in class between Wlad and everyone else is too extreme.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Well I agree it's an awful fight. Fury hasn't called Wlad out however. He's not ready for a Klitschko yet and won't be being rushed into a title fight soon.

The problem for the Klitschko's is that they have already defeated everybody.

There are only one or two fighters who haven't yet had their shot, and that only because they didn't want it, Povetkin for example.

Who is there to fight that Wlad hasn't already fought?

Also at this stage, as a former undisputed cruiserweight champ, Mormeck is actually no worse an opponent than Fury would be really, certainly he's more acomplished on paper, even though I suspect Fury would beat him.

Ultimately though there is no opponent out there that wouldn't be met with scoff's as the gulf in class between Wlad and everyone else is too extreme.
    I know it is past its sell by date to say, but there is one man the Klits have never fought and that is James Toney. Does anyone really think that Toney couldn't have sold this fight better than Mormeck? Clearly Toney is finally busy at last but if he does beat Lebedev in style then Toney needs to be at least mentioned again. If Tarver can be mentioned by Steward, then a victorious Toney surely should. The Klits have never ever muttered the name of James Toney.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah who else is there?

thing is tho, havent you got to be top 10 to get a world title chance?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mormeck ??

This is a joke right - has it been agreed
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Mormeck ??

This is a joke right - has it been agreed
    just read its all but signed. Christ I'm looking forward to this one
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    yeah who else is there?

thing is tho, havent you got to be top 10 to get a world title chance?
    It is a very soft defense.

Since moving up Mormeck has beaten Maddalone, Oquendo and Timor Ibragimov. It's not a great resume, but the same line up of opponents was enough to get Holyfield a shot of Valuev, and he is a former undisputed cruiserweight champ as well I guess.

He will have absolutely no chance to win this fight whatsoever, and it's little more than an exhibition but what fight out there wouldn't be?

As I see it there are about half a dozen contenders coming through for 2012.

Helenius
    Povetkin
    Dimitrenko
    Boystov

Then further down the list you have maybe Mike Perez, Tyson Fury, David Price who could start making waves in another 12-18 months.

I don't think any of the the four contenders listed above are ready for either Klitschko yet and personally am happy for them to keep fighting each other and gain experience so we have a legitimate challenger maybe late next year.

Mormeck is an easy, easy win, but it's just a stay busy fight for Wlad whilst he waits for a credible challenger to emerge from those listed above.

Best to just overlook this one and hope one of the other guys can start winning fights in impressive style and give us a better matchup later on.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola, Boytsov, christ even Boswell or Tarver would have been a better choices imo
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Arreola, Boytsov, christ even Boswell or Tarver would have been a better choices imo
    How many of them are available though and wanting to fight?

Arreola needs to prove himself again after having been demolished by Vitali, and then beaten by Adamek. He's currently fighting nobodies, by some margine worse than the likes Mormeck has been beating. At least Oquendo and Timor Ibragimov are recognisable names, who the fuck are Nagy Aguilera, Kendrick Releford and Friday Ahunanya?

Boytsov is a realistic matchup for the future, but again he's not ready at the moment so why not give him time to develop? The heavyweight division needs legit contenders and we have to give them time to emerge. I want Wald to hold off on the few unbeaten guys coming through for a while, so they are better prepared for the step up.

Boswell and Tarver are no better than Mormeck at all. Mormeck at least is a former undisputed cruiserweight champ, albiet not for long. And he's beaten better names at heavyweight than Tarver or Boswell, although admittedely not much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    How many of them are available though and wanting to fight?

Arreola needs to prove himself again after having been demolished by Vitali, and then beaten by Adamek. He's currently fighting nobodies, by some margine worse than the likes Mormeck has been beating. At least Oquendo and Timor Ibragimov are recognisable names, who the fuck are Nagy Aguilera, Kendrick Releford and Friday Ahunanya?

Boytsov is a realistic matchup for the future, but again he's not ready at the moment so why not give him time to develop? The heavyweight division needs legit contenders and we have to give them time to emerge. I want Wald to hold off on the few unbeaten guys coming through for a while, so they are better prepared for the step up.

Boswell and Tarver are no better than Mormeck at all. Mormeck at least is a former undisputed cruiserweight champ, albiet not for long. And he's beaten better names at heavyweight than Tarver or Boswell, although admittedely not much.
    At least Arreola has been active. Mormeck will have been outta the ring over a year.

I agree Boytsov would benefit from a little more time

Tarver has name value & skills & is a former undisputed light-heavyweight champ.

Can't say much to defend Boswell apart from that he has been winning (although against limited opponents)
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury hasn't called Wlad out however. He's not ready for a Klitschko yet and won't be being rushed into a title fight soon.
    From what I read he has had contact with them :S Plus he told David Haye to step aside and allow him a shot!

Maybe speculation though.

But you must agree Fury would be a much, much better match up than Mormeck!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Fury hasn't called Wlad out however. He's not ready for a Klitschko yet and won't be being rushed into a title fight soon.
    From what I read he has had contact with them :S Plus he told David Haye to step aside and allow him a shot!

Maybe speculation though.

But you must agree Fury would be a much, much better match up than Mormeck!
    Yeah, but I'd much, much rather he waited another 18 months before he stepped up to that level. He's making good progress and he's one to watch for the future but he'd get murdered right now so it would just be a waste of a potential decent scrap.

I don't want Wlad or Vitali to go anywhere near the contenders coming through like Fury, Helenius etc for another 12 months at least, so that when they do fight they at least have some experience of fighting on the big stage.

A fight with Mormeck is nothing more than a stay busy, keep in shape type of fight, but honestly that's all I want Wlad to have right now. I want the contenders out there to fight each other and create a cradible challenger, rather than snuff them all out before they have matured.

Hellenius, Fury, Boytsov etc are all routine wins for either Klit at this stage so even worse matchups than Mormeck imo as rubbing out one of them now just deprives the heavyweight scene more in the future. Beating Mormeck does no damage to the heavyweight division at least, unlike Vitali and Wlad's recent wins over Haye and Adamek, which have effectively robbed boxing of the two most exciting heavyweight contenders. Who cares about either now?

Don't kill the golden eggs!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't kill the golden eggs!
    ^^That is now my signature quote! Brilliant!

I guess I agree with you about Fury, just sucks that boxing is now using heavyweights V cruiserweights just to keep the heavyweight division alive!
    You say tomato,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad could stay busier with his sparring partners.

Ugh, this will not even be a fight, this will be a one sided beat down.
    The Haye Wladimir fight will look good in comparrison, and it will appear more likely that Adamek actually had a chance to KO Vitali than this Mormeck has at winning.

On the bright side.... it will possibly be more entertaining than the Solis - Vitali fight.... that is, it may make it to round 3.

Thread Information