Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Public health warning for any foreign title owners going to Germany

Going to Germany, you have a greater RISK of comng home an ex-champ than any where else on this planet

Just ask Steve Cunningham

feel gutted for the guy cause apart from the first round Steve was on his way of retaining his belt...but opps it all went wrong

job biscuit (only in Germany)!!!

eh eh!!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Public health warning for any foreign title owners going to Germany

Read about this. Poor bastard. Fucking bent bastards over there !
    Last edited by Andre; 10-04-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Cunningham up by 1pt (4-2). I can certainly see 3-3 (so Hernandez wins by 1pt) or maybe just about 4-2 the other way though (although I dont agree with it). The 5-1 Hernandez card was total bullshit though.

Although more than the decision I guess you are questioning the actual stopping of the fight itself. Hernandez sustained a big gash to his right eyebrow at the end of the 6th from a headclash - thats why it was stopped. Boxnation seemed to be going on about the OTHER cut he sustained way earlier to the side of his head as being the reason for stopping and not even really mentioning the new cut. It was the new cut which led to the stoppage.

It was odd how they just called it off without fighting on for a while at least though, I admit that. It wasnt a total gusher but it was a bad cut in an awkward place across the brow cutting downward. Just a little suspicious to stop it straight off the bat though I agree.

Surely a rematch will ensue as a 6 round SD is a totally inconclusive verdict

Added point - Cunningham has the best physique in boxing and must be an amazing athlete to recover from that heavy knockdown. Its so rare to see someone even continue after a knockdown like that let alone start to control the fight.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ahhh yes ...those damn Germans ...how dare they to stop the fight after only two headclashes,which caused two little cuts...and then they have the nerves to give an even fight to Hernandez,who scored the only knockdown...unbelievable...ahh how I despise them...

job biscuit indeed...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post
    Ahhh yes ...those damn Germans ...how dare they to stop the fight after only two headclashes,which caused two little cuts...and then they have the nerves to give an even fight to Hernandez,who scored the only knockdown...unbelievable...ahh how I despise them...

job biscuit indeed...
    listen mate im with you in a way, it was a close fight and giving it to hernandez is a little controversial but not worth an uproar, was it enough for a world title to change hands? i dunno its a bit worrying if you are a champion fighting away from home

the one thing that stands out for me is the 5-1 score card suggests the judging was a bit biast and cunningham probably would have had to Knock him out to get the win if the fight had have gone on

just to add, there isnt just dodgy decisions in Germany, i have seen a few in Britain recently
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I plan to watch this one on youtube tonight. I've been reading about the contraversy surrounding it. I've read the fight was close at the time of stoppage and that it could have gone either way by a round or two.

It took away from the amazing win by Proksa in the main event.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

job biscuit indeed...
    listen mate im with you in a way, it was a close fight and giving it to hernandez is a little controversial but not worth an uproar, was it enough for a world title to change hands? i dunno its a bit worrying if you are a champion fighting away from home

the one thing that stands out for me is the 5-1 score card suggests the judging was a bit biast and cunningham probably would have had to Knock him out to get the win if the fight had have gone on

just to add, there isnt just dodgy decisions in Germany, i have seen a few in Britain recently
    Yeah in Britain,in the US and of course in Germany...this probably got to do with the sport itself and the shady people it attracts and not that much with the country the fight is taking place...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

job biscuit indeed...

Yeah in Britain,in the US and of course in Germany...this probably got to do with the sport itself and the shady people it attracts and not that much with the country the fight is taking place...
    Granted it was a draw and not a loss, but the "draw" martinez got against cintron was as bad as anything I've seen in the past few years, same goes for funeka getting a "draw" in his first fight with guzman, shit deicisons happen everywhere.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

job biscuit indeed...

Granted it was a draw and not a loss, but the "draw" martinez got against cintron was as bad as anything I've seen in the past few years, same goes for funeka getting a "draw" in his first fight with guzman, shit deicisons happen everywhere.
    Except barter town.

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

job biscuit indeed...

Except barter town.

Master Blaster !

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did anyone think the headbutt in round 3 by USS may have been intentional?

What were people's round scores?

Round 1: 10-8 Hernandez
    Round 2: 10-9 Hernandez
    Round 3: 10-9 Cunningham
    Round 4: Close Round maybe Hernandez got edge, but could have gone either way.
    Round 5: 10-9 Cunningham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didnt see the fight but you have to expect swing/ close rounds to go to the home fighter. I think people still have the 1st Miranda/Abraham fight on their mind when they think Germany is a screwhole. Also Britain Porked over Mcclellan when it was 2 against 1 all night.

Shady things happen in the US all the time. Look at Alvarez Gomez recently. Highway robberies are a monthly thing in Boxing it happens everywhere

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Didnt see the fight but you have to expect swing/ close rounds to go to the home fighter. I think people still have the 1st Miranda/Abraham fight on their mind when they think Germany is a screwhole. Also Britain Porked over Mcclellan when it was 2 against 1 all night.

Shady things happen in the US all the time. Look at Alvarez Gomez recently. Highway robberies are a monthly thing in Boxing it happens everywhere

what did britain do to mclellan?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The stoppage of Tyson Fury's opponent was a joke, so we have recent examples of helping our own fighters. Our refs have a reputation of stopping fights early.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bent bastards I say ! My own words.

Thread Information