Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Hopkins vs. Dawson

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopkins vs. Dawson on HBO PPV Oct 15th (Offical Sat Night chat thread)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Hopkins vs. Dawson on HBO PPV Oct 15th (Offical Sat Night chat thread)

Bump..

Let's get some discussions going on this fight and the 2 decent undercard fights.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Hopkins vs. Dawson on HBO PPV Oct 15th (Offical Sat Night chat thread)

The fight of the night is Danny Garcia versus Kendal Holt. Garcia has been moving up in the rankings, but this is his biggest test by far. Each has some pop. It's really a big fight for both guys. Doesn't the winner becomes the mandatory for Soto?

As for the main event, Hopkins could put on a boxing master class or Dawson could pick up where Calzaghe left off and beat Hopkins on volume and speed. Dawson needs to outjab Hopkins to win in my opinion. Hopkins needs to maintain his stamina and fight in spurts to win. It's a tough fight to call. On some days, I see Dawson winning and on others, Hopkins.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On boxnation we have degales european title fight then cleverly v bellew and then the american card

we might get to see more than just the main 2 on the british bill too coz the program is on for about 3 hours

i doubt ill stay up and watch it all but it should be nice none the less

the hopkins card is rammed with names isnt it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone find it a little odd that Hopkins hasn't talked much trash in the weeks leading up to this fight? He's been more quiet than usual...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Does anyone find it a little odd that Hopkins hasn't talked much trash in the weeks leading up to this fight? He's been more quiet than usual...
    I havn't really noticed Rant-cat, but then I try not to listen to much of Hopkins' bullshit. Hop usually hatches a mind game at the weigh-in, which is friday, i'll post a link to it if I can find one.

This might actually turn out to be a good fight, I believe it all depends on what version of Dawson shows up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Attention Admin:

Could we please get a sticky and make this the fight thread for Saturday?

Thanks in advance.

jon09 Guest

Going with Dawson by decision. Chads speed and work rate will be the difference; Which is what has given Bhop trouble in the past with the likes of Taylor, Calzaghe and the 1st Jones fight.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think B Hop is under appreciated, for a fighter to do what he is doing at his age is unbelievable. If he wins then people try to play down the opponent and if he does not do well then they say he should retire. I hope he wins this fight even though he should be beaten by the bigger, taller, younger, hungrier, quicker and fitter challenger.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I think B Hop is under appreciated, for a fighter to do what he is doing at his age is unbelievable. If he wins then people try to play down the opponent and if he does not do well then they say he should retire. I hope he wins this fight even though he should be beaten by the bigger, taller, younger, hungrier, quicker and fitter challenger.
    It will be a major win for his legacy in my opinion. Dawson was the "man" at 175 for a couple of years until he lost to Pascal really.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hop is amazing and deserves credit for what he's accomplished, the thing is, i've been watching "X" back before he was a middleweight champion, and frankly, i'm a little tired of watching him fight. Having said that, i'm sure i'll be hunting a stream to watch the fight saturday..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Hopkins last fight was pretty fun to watch compared to a lot of the other fights he has had. I think he has to fall to pieces at some point i mean the guy is like a thousand years old in boxing years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Bump..

Let's get some discussions going on this fight and the 2 decent undercard fights.
    Kendall Holt over Danny Garcia. Holt has had a tough go, in and out of the ring but when he is good, he is very good and he does a lot of things I like. He sits down on his punches, he can move or bang. He has good power in both hands. It's also true he has been knocked down more than you would like. Danny Garcia has had a pretty easy path to this point.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gocougars3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Bump..

Kendall Holt over Danny Garcia. Holt has had a tough go, in and out of the ring but when he is good, he is very good and he does a lot of things I like. He sits down on his punches, he can move or bang. He has good power in both hands. It's also true he has been knocked down more than you would like. Danny Garcia has had a pretty easy path to this point.
    It's Garcia's biggest step up, but I give him a slight edge going into this fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully this turns out to be a good fight.. still don't think it's PPV good though.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll go Dawson SD on work rate.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information