Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Occupy Wall St.

I'm of the, yes their demands are ridiculous but I can empathize with their sentiment crowd. I feel the same way about the Tea Party.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Miles...the demands of the "Occupy" group are as random as they are frivolous and they are PLENTY frivolous.

I'm a political and economic pragmatist and what these people want in simple terms is to punish the "ultra elites", bring everyone down to the same level, and then continue to be lazy and yes they are lazy.
    The rich are just as lazy, they just employ other lackeys to do their work for them. Basically ways to manipulate this so called global market to their own benefit. They are of no use to American society nor give anything back. They need bringing down to a less lofty mountain as all they do is take and the government is equally complicit in this economic terrorism. Democracy has been sold to corporations who are now supposedly the same as individual people.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Miles...the demands of the "Occupy" group are as random as they are frivolous and they are PLENTY frivolous.

I'm a political and economic pragmatist and what these people want in simple terms is to punish the "ultra elites", bring everyone down to the same level, and then continue to be lazy and yes they are lazy.
    The rich are just as lazy, they just employ other lackeys to do their work for them. Basically ways to manipulate this so called global market to their own benefit. They are of no use to American society nor give anything back. They need bringing down to a less lofty mountain as all they do is take and the government is equally complicit in this economic terrorism. Democracy has been sold to corporations who are now supposedly the same as individual people.
    Was Steve Jobs lazy? Is Bill Gates lazy?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Most rich people are the offspring of other rich people.

El Kabong Guest

I'd appreciate a definition of "rich" and examples and also what percentage of their wealth are "the 99" entitled to?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd appreciate a definition of "rich" and examples and also what percentage of their wealth are "the 99" entitled to?
    They are entitled to a tax of 90%. That sounds about fair, it is up to the government to decide on the appropriate thresh holds through independant research free of corporate lobbying.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still fail to see the problem with any citizens peacefully expressing their discontent with the status quo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He hates Steve Jobs from his response from the other thread that was shut down. He also says he doesn't use anything that Jobs have invented or innovated. Pretty funny from a guy that's probably typing from his PC that Jobs was instrumental in marketing and bringing it to daily use for the common man.

Let's be honest now there will be the have and have nots. There will be someone out there that is more talented, smarter, stronger work ethic, etc. Then there are the ones that had a poor work ethic, not as smart, and not as talented. The latter group tends to bitch and moan about people that were more talented than them. It's like a garbage man that bitches why he is not successful as that lawyer or civil engineer. Or the guy that flips burgers at Wendy's wonders how come that Physician makes more than him.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

He hates Steve Jobs from his response from the other thread that was shut down. He also says he doesn't use anything that Jobs have invented or innovated. Pretty funny from a guy that's probably typing from his PC that Jobs was instrumental in marketing and bringing it to daily use for the common man.

Let's be honest now there will be the have and have nots. There will be someone out there that is more talented, smarter, stronger work ethic, etc. Then there are the ones that had a poor work ethic, not as smart, and not as talented. The latter group tends to bitch and moan about people that were more talented than them. It's like a garbage man that bitches why he is not successful as that lawyer or civil engineer. Or the guy that flips burgers at Wendy's wonders how come that Physician makes more than him.
    How do I keep missing all these controversial threads that keep getting shut down? Goddamn.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

How do I keep missing all these controversial threads that keep getting shut down? Goddamn.
    No, it's true I don't have a great deal of time for Steve Jobs and I see nothing wrong with stating that. I live very much in the stone age when it comes to gadgets and I am very happy that way. A PC is as far as I will go but never Apple, though I don't hold that against them in any way. However, it is totally unrelated to this topic and I will point out that a Mod had a go at me first in that thread too, so I am not entirely to blame. Sometimes people overreact and Lyle is just being a fag by bringing up my disinterest in Steve Jobs. It's a vaild point of view to hold, though not terribly popular with techies.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, it's true I don't have a great deal of time for Steve Jobs and I see nothing wrong with stating that. I live very much in the stone age when it comes to gadgets and I am very happy that way. A PC is as far as I will go but never Apple, though I don't hold that against them in any way. However, it is totally unrelated to this topic and I will point out that a Mod had a go at me first in that thread too, so I am not entirely to blame. Sometimes people overreact and Lyle is just being a fag by bringing up my disinterest in Steve Jobs. It's a vaild point of view to hold, though not terribly popular with techies.
    I must find this thread. Which board was it on?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must find this thread. Which board was it on?
    The other public non boxing board. I was ranting a bit really, but have nothing much against Jobs personally. I am just a bit irritated by the sychophantic media overplay concerning his death and said as much. It got out of hand for no particular reason, I get insulted far worse than Steve Jobs everyday on here so people should harden up a bit. The man basically made mini CD players that you can take to the park and cell phones with calculators. It's stuff that just doesn't excite me nor plays any major role in my life. Fair play to those who like to consume these things, but I don't bother with them and I'm sure many others live in a similar way.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found the thread. Shame it was closed, I liked where it was headed. Probably cause it was on one of the public boards.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, no big deal really. I said my thing and then went to bed, I didn't expect it to get locked up, but can see why it was. I let these things move on these days. Get out while the iron is hot as they say.

As things stand I am glad to see these anti-corporate protests spreading. Lyle will have to get his gun out the way things are going. "How dare these people demand a more equal society? It's only the worst it's ever been, what are they complaining about? Pesky socialists etc!". Nutter.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 10-11-2011 at 12:43 PM.

El Kabong Guest

I'm no "nutter" and I'm sorry if protesters annoy the crap out of me but they do. There are always drum circles and dirty fucking hippies!

And don't get me started on the secret Canadian agenda trying to brainwash American children and turn them into socialists.

Thread Information