Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what does mayweather do next

What do you think mayweather does next, after pac vs jmm fight does mayweather see pac as easy pickings and step in and beat him or say fuck it ill got for khan next hes the biggeer challenge, i could see him going for khan next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what does mayweather do next

Mayweather I think is salivating right now for a match up with manny seeing pac's lackluster performance tonight. Fight needs to be made before anyone can reasonably say they're on the down slide.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure, but a Pac fight has totally lost its luster for me. Marquez took him to school and made him look so crude. It really does show that Manny has been all smoke and mirrors and that these bigger guys simply don't have the abilities of skilled little guys. What Marquez did before, he simply did even better this time out.

Marquez looked fantastic and showed that even at 38 he can whip the best at WW. Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I'm not sure, but a Pac fight has totally lost its luster for me. Marquez took him to school and made him look so crude. It really does show that Manny has been all smoke and mirrors and that these bigger guys simply don't have the abilities of skilled little guys. What Marquez did before, he simply did even better this time out.

Marquez looked fantastic and showed that even at 38 he can whip the best at WW. Awesome.
    Sorry bro but the best in WW right now is Floyd. As much as it pains me to say it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He said he wanted Manny fight for May not sure if he was serious but he will be after seeing Pac struggle against Marquez. I carnt see Arum putting Pac in with Floyd i couldnt see it before certainly carnt see it happing now.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by arcanum26 View Post

Sorry bro but the best in WW right now is Floyd. As much as it pains me to say it..
    Haha, that's true.

Marquez can't beat Mayweather, but this Marquez is highly competitive with everyone else. He is far better than he should be at this age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by arcanum26 View Post

Haha, that's true.

Marquez can't beat Mayweather, but this Marquez is highly competitive with everyone else. He is far better than he should be at this age.
    Who knows though, this could go down like an ali-frazier-foreman match up. Hah.. here's hoping.
    Last edited by arcanum26; 11-13-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all honesty, Mayweather should fight Martinez next.

People been saying for years Pacquiao can't beat Floyd and it would be a mismatch if anything. Those people were called blind haters and the new and improved Pacquiao would take him down.

I didn't buy so far into it and even I was surprised with how bad Marquez made Pacquiao look, I thought Pacquiao would have at least advanced enough to stop a slowing down Marquez that was moving up two weight classes.

Boy I was wrong, he's still the same Pacquiao and even reverted back to the jab jab left hand tactics that got him nowhere after the 3rd round in the Marquez fight.

At this point I'd say a Pacquiao fight looks more one sided then it ever has before and no one should really be into it unless they want to watch Mayweather Gatti on a much bigger level

So honestly, Mayweather should fight Martinez next and forget about Pacquiao, the luster is off and his armor is forever cracked after tonight.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think after seeing that, Mayweather would probably rather take Manny than Khan anyway.

Plus the money will be 10x more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    I think after seeing that, Mayweather would probably rather take Manny than Khan anyway.

Plus the money will be 10x more.
    I hope he does. Manny needs to fight Floyd now more than ever to prove he's the legit pfp #1. I still see manny beating other ww's right now other than pbf or marquez. Still though, now I think manny needs pbf more than pbf needs manny in terms of legacy. Shocking how one fight can change perceptions about manny and him being a monster at ww.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree. You don't beat those guys on accident. What this shows is that styles make fights and that Marquez is Manny's kriptonite. Manny isn't as successful against counter punchers. He performs entirely different against offensive fighters. Accordingly, a fight against Mayweather, the supreme counter puncher of our generation wouldn't be remotely close. That fight lost all its luster. How dumb does Mayweather feel with the whole ped impediment now? Pacquiao could have been on 100 different ped's and he's not beating a counter puncher like Mayweather.

Thread Information