Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Froch wants bute then kessler after beating ward?!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never would have thought Froch wood have come so far after almost losing to J.T. Froch has a good chance of beating them all. He is not a easy fight for no one.

Did anyone else suspect Ward for being nervous? The bootleg Face Off that Showtime have, showed Ward talking a little trash. Ward was totally out of his element. I don't know if he was trying to get under Froch's skin, or a bit nervous. But something is different with Ward.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch wants bute then kessler after beating ward?!

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I'm a big fan of Froch, but Bute is a terrible style match up for him. Bute is slick, can box, and has very good power. However, he is relatively untested. I think Bilbo and I were talking about a hypothetical fight between the two of them something like two years ago.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    can't see Froch losing ...his will is too strong to lose..be cool to see Kel brook fight in the US.. Should be a top night all round and a 7am finish here in Malta
    Problem is he let the Kessler fight slip away. If he had been more active at certain points in the middle and end of the fight, he would have won.
    In reality froch won 3 out of 4 rounds quite clearly

If the fight had have been anywhere other than denmark froch would have won
    I thought it was a VERY winnable fight for Froch. I remember thinking there were times where Froch took too long a rest in between getting his shots off and that hurt him. I'll rewatch it and see if I still feel the same way. I disagree about it not being a close fight. It was close either way. I thought Froch won too though.
    It was close. Froch and Kessler looked equally bad. Honestly, that was the sloppiest, most amateurish-looking fight between two supposedly elite fighters that I've ever seen. It hurt my eyes to watch.
    im not saying it was frochs best fight and best performance

but watch it again for the first 6 rounds kessler (who is still a world class very experienced fighter) doesnt land a punch of any meaning

so for 6 rounds froch avoids getting hit, kes looks like he is coming forward and doing more work but he doesnt land

that couldnt really be described as a sloppy performance

then kes has a good 2 or 3 rounds and then the last 4 froch takes over again

maybe kes wins the 12th
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    If Froch can be paid more to fight a rematch with Kessler, I understand fighting Kessler instead of Bute. However, I would rather see Froch fight Bute. In fact, out of all the style match-ups out there, Froch and Bute may be the most fun to watch.

Bute's response: http://www.boxingscene.com/butes-pro...-lucian--46106

I hope the newly-intensified banter is just to build up a fight between the two for next year.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-17-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How would Froch be avoiding Bute? Get over yourself Bedard! Froch has consistently fought the best for years and has never took a backwards step ever! This is complete shit, he's trying to make Bute look good over Froch but let's look at their resumes and see who's been in with the best? Pretty clear Froch is well ahead of Bute in terms of opposition.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    How would Froch be avoiding Bute? Get over yourself Bedard! Froch has consistently fought the best for years and has never took a backwards step ever! This is complete shit, he's trying to make Bute look good over Froch but let's look at their resumes and see who's been in with the best? Pretty clear Froch is well ahead of Bute in terms of opposition.
    Its records not resumes
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a big Froch fan, but i'm not convinced he'll beat Ward. He's someone you can never write off, but i think a Ward points victory is the most likely outcome. However, his first defeat doesn't appear to have effected him too badly, and win, lose or draw with Ward i'd give Froch at least a 50/50 chance against Bute or Kessler.

It's a shame he isn't three or four years younger, really, because there are so many good fights out there for him still. Kessler's the one. I hope we can get him over to England. Carl might be pushing 36 by the time that happens. It'd be a tear-up, and could prove a fitting finale.

Thread Information