Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would have Ricky Burns done against Broner?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How would have Ricky Burns done against Broner?

Don't forget Broner was seemingly beaten by Ponce De Leon- a guy that is 5'5 while Ricky Burns is 5'10 and i reckon he would beat De Leon . Broner's last victory was impressive , but this guy can get outworked if it goes the distance. Still, if the fight was outside the U.K , Broner would have to be a slight favorite to win

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    He would of been stopped in 1. Katsidis was already done. Win over him means very little
    So the guy who had Marquez on his ass only two fights ago, the same Marquez who just beat Pacquiao, is "DONE" and Burns win over him, in his first fight at Lightweight, means very little. Shit talk that VD....
    ummm maybe because Marquez ruined Katsidis? Burns beat a badly faded one..

And your triangle theory doesnt work in Boxing and it doesnt mean anything.

It's true, Burns beating Kat dont mean much..
    Dont agree. Thats easily said in hindsight. What if Katsidis comes back and has a good win again. Will we look back in hindsight again and say Burns win was a decent one?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    He would of been stopped in 1. Katsidis was already done. Win over him means very little
    So the guy who had Marquez on his ass only two fights ago, the same Marquez who just beat Pacquiao, is "DONE" and Burns win over him, in his first fight at Lightweight, means very little. Shit talk that VD....
    Yes. Tell me Katsidis didn't pay dearly for dropping Marquez. That knock down was the only positive thing for Katsidis in that fight. Marquez beat on him the rest of the fight. By the 6th round you could see Marquez taking whatever Katsidis had left out of him. That he would never be the same. Sure enough, in his next fight he's barely competitive against Guererro
    Fair point that one VD. Still think it was a good win for Burns though, especially in his first fight at lightweight. Katsidis barely laid a decent glove on Burns. Aside from Guerrero, no-one else can say that after they have faced Katsidis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is not a one dimensional, come-forward at all times, block punches with its face type fighter like Katsidis.. so no, I still think Broner would have whooped his ass.

Broner would have made Burns look like a pedestrian.
    Oh and another thing... Broner isn't a war-torn fighter like Kat...

Broner > Burns EZ
    lol your having a girrafe , katstidis is very handy. wasnt his best night against burns but credit to rickster and im sure mike would say the same. burns wanted that fight, broner didnt . whats that tell you? rocky martinez everyone said the same and ricky surprised everyone even his hardcore fans, but dont get it twisted burns has far from peeked , keeps fit as fuck. k i think broner although heavy handed would get taken to skool. im tempted to say broner would underestimate him like rocky martinez did but he obviously didnt otherwise hed have fought him

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner flash and brash, seen plenty like him a legend in his
    own front room, Come's across as a dick head.?
    Burn's nothing flash or brash just get's the job done.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Broner flash and brash, seen plenty like him a legend in his
    own front room, Come's across as a dick head.?
    Burn's nothing flash or brash just get's the job done.
    Broner does come off as a real jerkoff who's hard to root for..

I think his next fight with Eloy Perez is dangerous for him.. Perez can very will win that fight..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Burns workrate gives Broner a tonne of trouble. Does it mean he will win the fight I really dont know but id like to see it.
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post
    I think Burns workrate gives Broner a tonne of trouble. Does it mean he will win the fight I really dont know but id like to see it.
    lol Burns is too slow and sloppy to compete with Broner and he's not going to threaten anybody with that minimal punching power.

It's a huge mismatch.. That's why he ran away from the challenge and faced the easier , faded Katsidis instead..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    Broner is not a one dimensional, come-forward at all times, block punches with its face type fighter like Katsidis.. so no, I still think Broner would have whooped his ass.

Broner > Burns EZ
    lol your having a girrafe , katstidis is very handy. wasnt his best night against burns but credit to rickster and im sure mike would say the same. burns wanted that fight, broner didnt . whats that tell you? rocky martinez everyone said the same and ricky surprised everyone even his hardcore fans, but dont get it twisted burns has far from peeked , keeps fit as fuck. k i think broner although heavy handed would get taken to skool. im tempted to say broner would underestimate him like rocky martinez did but he obviously didnt otherwise hed have fought him
    The hell he hasn't. He peeked in the Martinez fight. It's all downhill from there. It's reason he's kept crap opposition since winning the title

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Violent Demise;1042701]
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post

Broner > Burns EZ
    The hell he hasn't. He peeked in the Martinez fight. It's all downhill from there. It's reason he's kept crap opposition since winning the title[/QUOTE]

Co-sign..

Truth is, Burns is just a glorified fringe contender level fighter.. He wont amount to much at 135..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol Burns is too slow and sloppy to compete with Broner and he's not going to threaten anybody with that minimal punching power.

It's a huge mismatch.. That's why he ran away from the challenge and faced the easier , faded Katsidis instead..
    Burns certainly isnt slow or sloppy ask Martinez and Katsidis about that
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You sound pretty new to the sport.. Welcome, fella..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly not new to the sport mate , certainly not looking for a slagging match either, but Burns is not slow.

Infact beating Katsidis and Martinez is better that what Broner has on his record...now am i right on that one?

ps: and to prove im a fair man...i read that the pic you have on your profile is your womans top half??...you are a lucky man , maybe i will get my woman to do that aswell lol..great idea
    Last edited by fightscorecollector; 01-08-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: adding content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i aint been on this forum long but ive already identified you as the biggest shit talker going. it was broner that refused the burns fight. what planet are you from. also 1 thing burns is not is slow. give it a rest and dont come back untill you get your facts str8

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Certainly not new to the sport mate , certainly not looking for a slagging match either, but Burns is not slow.

Infact beating Katsidis and Martinez is better that what Broner has on his record...now am i right on that one?

ps: and to prove im a fair man...i read that the pic you have on your profile is your womans top half??...you are a lucky man , maybe i will get my woman to do that aswell lol..great idea
    Fair enough.. Burns isn't terribly slow like Carlos Baldomir for instance but speed is definitely not his strong point.

Roman Martinez himself is fairly slow and limited yet he was able to knock Burns down in the first round... Most fighters with reasonable speed wouldn't get caught by a slow, lead right hand so early in the fight..

And the reason why I say he's sloppy is because dude eats alot of unnecessary punches while switching from offense to defense. He doesn't switch modes with fluidity which is why he gets hit by shots he shouldnt be getting hit with..

I do agree that Burns has a better record than Broner though.. Not by much, but he does...

BTW thanks for the compliment bruh..

Thread Information