Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: WBC orders JCC jr vs Sergio Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    The WBC has ordered jr. to have a immediate defense of his title against Sergio. They will not allow him to make any voluntary title defenses against Cotto or Rubio. I think Jr gives up his belt and walks away from this fight. It would be nice to see him step up and make it happen, it sure would help his reputation out. I just don't see Bob and Roach throwing him in the ring with Sergio right now though.

WBC: Chavez Jr. Must Fight Sergio Martinez, No Interims - Boxing News
    Damn, i'd love to see Martinez absolutely demolish Julio Jr., but you're probably right, Arum and Roach ain't having none of it, what a shame. You gotta wonder though, how long Jr. can keep ducking him.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Papa Chavez will throw himself in front of a Mack truck before he allows his coddled 44-0 son to face someone like Sergio Martinez.

Let me ask you a question...If Camacho's kid had the same oppurtunity as JCC Jr. and when I say oppurtunity I mean earning oppurtunity, star oppurtunity, legacy oppurtunity, dont you see Camacho doing the same??
    Never been a big fan of Camacho Jr. OR Sr., for that matter. But Camacho Jr. was never a "chip off the old block." I don't think they coddled him the same way they've coddled Baby Chavez (and "coddled" is a mild word in this case). But let's compare the Baby with Wilfredo Vazquez Jr., the fighter VD loves to hate. No comparison there, my friend. Less fights, better competition... and now they're throwing him to the wolves against Donaire. I mean, Vazquez Jr. is good, and I have faith in his abilities, but c'mon.......... Baby Chavez fights cab drivers, and Vazquez Jr gets a world p4p fighter after barely 20-some fights under his belt?

No....... Baby Chavez is the poster child of coddled ex-champ sons........ hands down.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From Manfredo to Martinez? Ha. Poor kid. I read somewhere that onetime Chavez rival Vanda is fighting btw...

bring out the hammer.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Papa Chavez will throw himself in front of a Mack truck before he allows his coddled 44-0 son to face someone like Sergio Martinez.

Let me ask you a question...If Camacho's kid had the same oppurtunity as JCC Jr. and when I say oppurtunity I mean earning oppurtunity, star oppurtunity, legacy oppurtunity, dont you see Camacho doing the same??
    Never been a big fan of Camacho Jr. OR Sr., for that matter. But Camacho Jr. was never a "chip off the old block." I don't think they coddled him the same way they've coddled Baby Chavez (and "coddled" is a mild word in this case). But let's compare the Baby with Wilfredo Vazquez Jr., the fighter VD loves to hate. No comparison there, my friend. Less fights, better competition... and now they're throwing him to the wolves against Donaire. I mean, Vazquez Jr. is good, and I have faith in his abilities, but c'mon.......... Baby Chavez fights cab drivers, and Vazquez Jr gets a world p4p fighter after barely 20-some fights under his belt?

No....... Baby Chavez is the poster child of coddled ex-champ sons........ hands down.

Then again............ if my numbers don't fail me, and Baby is REALLY taking after his father, then it's right about NOW that Baby should be facing his first live opponent. After all, that's what DAD did, on his way to 100 wins.

Masterful plan.... how had that escaped me before?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DiBella Requests Immediate Purse Bid for Chavez-Martinez - Boxing News

Chavez was already set to fight Rubio on Feb 4. According to Top Rank they want him to fight Martinez but don't think it will happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Camacho Jr already did face better opposition in Karmazin and Leija (this was before Leija's upset over Bojado), Chavez Jr still hasn't fought anyone above B Level and even that is a handful of opponents
    Zbik was B level; Rubio and Lee are definitely B level.
    he hasn't stepped anywhere close to Rubio nor Lee has he? and IMO Zbik won the fight, despite a HUGE size disadvantage, best name on Chavez' record is Molina and rightfully both should be Losses
    I actually agree that Zbik won that fight. At a minimum, it was close. Either way, that was a decent step up against borderline top ten competition. Molina also is top ten competition. So, the point that Chavez hasn't faced ANYONE decent is WRONG. Has he been coddled? Sure, but not to the extent people make it out to be. If he faced Rubio or Lee now. It would be just about the right time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's good to hear the WBC doing something but it ain't happening, maybe in another 5 years it might if Martinez is still around looking like Roy. I'd give alot of credit if chavez jr. and his team even take the fight.

IF it does happen Chavez jr gets knocked out brutally within 4.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    It's good to hear the WBC doing something but it ain't happening, maybe in another 5 years it might if Martinez is still around looking like Roy. I'd give alot of credit if chavez jr. and his team even take the fight.

IF it does happen Chavez jr gets knocked out brutally within 4.
    http://video.boxingscene.com/filess/...ts12172011.wmv

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Camacho Jr already did face better opposition in Karmazin and Leija (this was before Leija's upset over Bojado), Chavez Jr still hasn't fought anyone above B Level and even that is a handful of opponents
    Zbik was B level; Rubio and Lee are definitely B level.
    he hasn't stepped anywhere close to Rubio nor Lee has he? and IMO Zbik won the fight, despite a HUGE size disadvantage, best name on Chavez' record is Molina and rightfully both should be Losses
    I actually agree that Zbik won that fight. At a minimum, it was close. Either way, that was a decent step up against borderline top ten competition. Molina also is top ten competition. So, the point that Chavez hasn't faced ANYONE decent is WRONG. Has he been coddled? Sure, but not to the extent people make it out to be. If he faced Rubio or Lee now. It would be just about the right time.
    IMO Molina beat him clearly on BOTH occasions, and that was Molina before he improved

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know that Jr.does not want any part of Martinez but my main concern is how did Martinez wind up without an alphabet soup title? I must have overslept that day and forgot to tune in to some sport's channel that day. Please inform me , I would appreciate it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    I know that Jr.does not want any part of Martinez but my main concern is how did Martinez wind up without an alphabet soup title? I must have overslept that day and forgot to tune in to some sport's channel that day. Please inform me , I would appreciate it.
    He was stripped of the title for some reason by the WBC, and basically gave it to Jr. They had some BS reason for the title stripping, but what do you expect from the WBC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll reply with the same thing I posted on another thread...JCC Jr. is doing what his dad did...training on the job. I dont think he had much of an amatuer background so of course he is going to fight lesser opponenets to start however I have never heard JCC Jr talking crap to anyone or considering himself to be P4P. Tito you and ElTerrible hate on him because he's a bigger draw than most Puerto Rican fighters at this stage in his career without ever facing top opposition thats the same reason you talk crap on Canelo.

On the flip side I dont see much coming out of Chavez Sr's major rivals son Camacho Jr.
    he has a pretty padded record himself at 53-4-1 (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=19105&cat=boxer) but I dont see any real big names on there am I missing something? Oh wait he did fight David Lemiuex and got knocked out.

You are correct its time to start raising JCC's opponents and Rubio is a step in that direction I would bet that JCC will go further in his career than Vazquez Jr
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll reply with the same thing I posted on another thread...JCC Jr. is doing what his dad did...training on the job. I dont think he had much of an amatuer background so of course he is going to fight lesser opponenets to start however I have never heard JCC Jr talking crap to anyone or considering himself to be P4P. Tito you and ElTerrible hate on him because he's a bigger draw than most Puerto Rican fighters at this stage in his career without ever facing top opposition thats the same reason you talk crap on Canelo.

On the flip side I dont see much coming out of Chavez Sr's major rivals son Camacho Jr.
    he has a pretty padded record himself at 53-4-1 (http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=19105&cat=boxer) but I dont see any real big names on there am I missing something? Oh wait he did fight David Lemiuex and got knocked out.

You are correct its time to start raising JCC's opponents and Rubio is a step in that direction I would bet that JCC will go further in his career than Vazquez Jr
    if by going further you mean make more money I'm sure he will, but while Chavez is finally "stepping it up" against the likes of Rubio, Vazquez is at least taking on REAL FIGHTS taking on Donaire, even if he loses he at least goes after fighters that aren't just relevant and he's doing so with half the amounts of fights

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if by going further you mean make more money I'm sure he will, but while Chavez is finally "stepping it up" against the likes of Rubio, Vazquez is at least taking on REAL FIGHTS taking on Donaire, even if he loses he at least goes after fighters that aren't just relevant and he's doing so with half the amounts of fights
    Do you really think thats even a smart move for Vazquez Jr? He could/should be further developed before going in to get killed and killing off what could have been a steller career.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    I believe it's because he fought Williams in the rematch (the fight everyone wanted to see) instead of facing some no-name mandatory challenger (a fight no one wanted to see). So he was stripped. Business as usual.

Thread Information