Well, the turkey is digested, the beer has been cracked open, and it's time to look forward to a new year of boxing, unless you're one of the crazy Belgians who go to the annual Christmas Day boxing "extravaganza".

I was thinking about how things will change in 2012, and I've come up with five predictions regarding Britain's best and brightest.

#1 - Nathan Cleverly, now Britain's sole remaining holder of a world title belt sanctioned by one of the big four will have a comfortable defence in February. I think he'll have a summer unification with Beibut Shumenov, probably the most beatable of the other world champions, and probably one or two more fights against reasonable competition before closing out 2012 undefeated, with talks ongoing about an even bigger unification in 2013.

#2 - Amir Khan. Khan's team go back to the drawing board and come up with a serious plan, and win the rematch against Peterson. Splits start to open between Khan and Roach. Maybe a change of trainer. Easy defence in the summer, then Khan gets beat in the Autumn by Bradley, or goes up to welterweight and gets beaten there.

#3 - Carl Froch. I'm torn about Froch, as a part of me thinks he'll go to LH. However, he doesn't struggle with the weight so I reckon he continues to fight at SMW. Give him a few months to rest then a homecoming fight in Nottingham Forest's football stadium in May against a decent but beatable fighter. Then another away fight in September/October against Kessler or Stieglitz depending on who wins there. I don't think he'll retire, he's still got plenty to prove.

#4 - Ricky Burns. Only not a world title holder until he beats Guerrero and turns the interim into a full belt. And I do think he'll do that. He'll win his March fight against someone bordering on the world scene, before a summer fight against Kevin Mitchell. I think he'll just about scrape past Mitchell before an October/November fight against Guerrero, which he will win.

#5 - Tyson Fury - How on earth did he make the top 5? Well, I reckon he will finish the year as the top British heavyweight. Haye and Chisora will find themselves taken apart by a Klitchsko each, and this will leave Mick to manage Fury well through a few more fighters without much pop, before he gets a shot at Helenius. Thus, Fury talks the big talk in the lead up to a big fight in 2013 where he is liable to get sparked.

Anyone think any of those are likely?