Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marquez wants Bradley as 2nd option.. Bradley accepts!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    I like Bradley in this fight. I dont read too much into the Casa fight as Bradley was just going through the motions and treated it as a sparring session yet he made alot easier work of it than Marquez did. Styles makes fights and it appears Marquez has Mannys number but Bradley has that slick Amercian style that is perfect for dealing with Mexicans.

It wil be competative for the full 12 rounds but age and size play a part in this one and Bradleys reflexes and speed will be what seperates them IMO.
    Marquez also wasn't in the ring with zombie casa, I also don't think bradley and slick go in the same sentence.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is awesome. My favourite Mexican fighter by far. I really hope he gets the recognition he deserves when all is said and done. I pick him over Bradley. Just goes to show when you've got the fundamentals down and have that boxing intelligence, you can still be effective at an advanced age

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez wants Bradley as 2nd option.. Bradley accepts!

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I like Bradley in this fight. I dont read too much into the Casa fight as Bradley was just going through the motions and treated it as a sparring session yet he made alot easier work of it than Marquez did. Styles makes fights and it appears Marquez has Mannys number but Bradley has that slick Amercian style that is perfect for dealing with Mexicans.

It wil be competative for the full 12 rounds but age and size play a part in this one and Bradleys reflexes and speed will be what seperates them IMO.
    Marquez also wasn't in the ring with zombie casa, I also don't think bradley and slick go in the same sentence.
    I agree that Bradley isn't slick. It's tough to pick a winner. I like Bradley on first glance although I can see many ways JMM wins.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight. I've wanted to see this fight for a while now, Marquez is one of my favourite fighters and I think he takes Bradley. He takes anyone at 140.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They both fought washed up versions of Casa. Joel fought both guys after his gift over Cruz.

As for Bradley not being slick, Lamont Peterson would disgaree. Bradley likes to mix it and is built like a mini Tyson but he is skillful too and can make you miss. We'll have to have a sig bet if this fight ever comes off.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

E

They both fought washed up versions of Casa. Joel fought both guys after his gift over Cruz.

As for Bradley not being slick, Lamont Peterson would disgaree. Bradley likes to mix it and is built like a mini Tyson but he is skillful too and can make you miss. We'll have to have a sig bet if this fight ever comes off.
    Bradleys a favorite of mine so if he won it wouldn't bother me honestly, so yeah ill take that sig bet haha. Yes they both fought past it casas but the version bradley fough was obviously even worse

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe not slick but definately a very well oiled machine.

I think Marquez' career has been on a short-term lease for about 4 years now. Can't help but doubt him in this one.

I mean Bradley is pretty shrewd.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

I think Marquez' career has been on a short-term lease for about 4 years now. Can't help but doubt him in this one.

Agreed. People forget how terrible Marquez looked in the Katsidis fight (and the first half of the Diaz fight). We can even put the embarrassment against Mayweather aside.

He rose to the occasion against Pac --- though that fight proved at least as much about how overrated Pac is than how undersold Marquez was. I think that was probably his last hurrah though.

Nothing against Marquez -- I will root for him to win if this comes off, and he was clearly in a wholly different class than Bradley at his prime and at a lower weight. I just think people are taking way too much from the Pacquiao fight -- Marquez is well past his prime.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Great fight. I've wanted to see this fight for a while now, Marquez is one of my favourite fighters and I think he takes Bradley. He takes anyone at 140.
    Marquez looked fantastic against Pacquiao, but he didn't looked that way against Kastidis or really against Juan Diaz. Of course he deserves 100% credit for the wins, but the reason why people were upset Pacquiao choose to fight him for the third time is because of how he looked previously (I wasn't, I thought he would always be tough for Pacquiao). Bradley has never lost and never really been close to losing. I'll have to think more about it, but I like Bradley on first glance.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

Agreed. People forget how terrible Marquez looked in the Katsidis fight (and the first half of the Diaz fight). We can even put the embarrassment against Mayweather aside.

He rose to the occasion against Pac --- though that fight proved at least as much about how overrated Pac is than how undersold Marquez was. I think that was probably his last hurrah though.

Nothing against Marquez -- I will root for him to win if this comes off, and he was clearly in a wholly different class than Bradley at his prime and at a lower weight. I just think people are taking way too much from the Pacquiao fight -- Marquez is well past his prime.
    People just didn't take into consideration that Marquez has Pacquiao's number. They will always have close fights. Kriptonite. If Bradley beat Marquez, given Bradley is under Top Rank, I can easily see Bradley facing Pacquiao in the Fall.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can anyone possibly hold how 'bad' Marquez looked very early in the Diaz fight and negate the adjustments and break down he put on him in the second half? That is text book Marquez. He got dropped by Kats and again but close was teeing off with accuracy. Saying goes a man is only as good as his last fight...Marquez profited from familiarity and knowledge of Pac but he not only rose to occasion vs an elite, he arguably beat him.

I like Bradley, like him alot and since he's hit it big I do think he's been slighted at many turns with the 'ducking Khan' bs, no charisma etc etc. The dude is what the sport needs more of in tenacity and have gloves will travel attitude, but he has yet too face anyone with the ring generalship and flat out technical ability of a Marquez. He too has struggled early and is only recently found some solid boxing. I think it's a big mistake to cast Marquez off as some guy on borrowed time. Style wise he's the boxer to Bradleys attacker in there. I don't think he's going to outbox or out style Marquez and in the pocket I think Marquez inside-body game is taking it home.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Marquez looked fantastic against Pacquiao, but he didn't looked that way against Kastidis or really against Juan Diaz. Of course he deserves 100% credit for the wins, but the reason why people were upset Pacquiao choose to fight him for the third time is because of how he looked previously (I wasn't, I thought he would always be tough for Pacquiao). Bradley has never lost and never really been close to losing. I'll have to think more about it, but I like Bradley on first glance.
    You can never count a smart fighter like Marquez out, he make adjustments and does what's necessary to get the win. At first glance I have Marquez.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    You can never count a smart fighter like Marquez out, he make adjustments and does what's necessary to get the win. At first glance I have Marquez.
    I know why you do. It makes perfect sense. I'm a fan of both Bradley and Marquez, which makes it even tougher to pick a winner.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    How can anyone possibly hold how 'bad' Marquez looked very early in the Diaz fight and negate the adjustments and break down he put on him in the second half? That is text book Marquez. He got dropped by Kats and again but close was teeing off with accuracy. Saying goes a man is only as good as his last fight...Marquez profited from familiarity and knowledge of Pac but he not only rose to occasion vs an elite, he arguably beat him
    Exactly

Its beffudling to me that Marquez can have 2 knockout wins against good opposition held against him. Marquez adjusts..it's what he does! Heck if Bradley drops him and then Juan knocks him out, is that another stroke against Marquez? I suppose the fact he gets dropped makes him seem vulnerable but this guy hasn't legit lost (apart from Mayweather) in a lonnnnng time..if ever? Has anyone convincingly beaten Marquez apart from Money?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Marquez looked really good against Katsidis and he fought a far fresher version of Casamayor than Bradley did.

Thread Information