Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default NFL Playoffs

Well... the first day of Wild Card Playoffs is over and the Saints and the Texans won. Too bad about the Saints. I was kinda rooting for the Lions on that one. Tomorrow is the Giants-Falcons, and the Steelers-Broncos.

Now that my own Fantasy Football league is over, I can now concentrate on my favorite team, rather than my individual players.

My personal favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Have been a Steelers fan for a long time. Got to liking them when they beat the Dallas Cowboys twice in Super Bowls. I've never liked the Cowboys. Especially this business a while back of them calling themselves "America's Team". The nerve.

I know most people on here probably prefer soccer (or football), as I know you all call it. But American football is my favorite team sport, and January is my favorite month, with the playoffs and all.

My prediction for this year? In the NFC it just looks like Green Bay vs. New Orleans for the Conference championship. I'd probably go with Green Bay again, just because Rodgers is having such an awesome year. In the AFC, who knows. Pittsburgh has the great defense, but they're getting up there in age... and their offense depends pretty much on Roethlisberger's health. Baltimore can't be ignored, and of course the Patriots could end up in the Super Bowl also.

Who's you all's favorite teams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My fav team is the patriots. It sucks because i just dont think they can handle that steel curtain d the steelers got. I think the 49ers have a good shot this year but they are gonna have to put up some major points to beat the saints or the packers. The giants are looking like a legit threat too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL Playoffs

I'm a casual NFL fan, but my two favorite teams are the Seahawks and the Bengals. I usually don't have a vested interest in the post-season .

I still think the 'Hawks got robbed by the officials against the Steelers.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well... the first day of Wild Card Playoffs is over and the Saints and the Texans won. Too bad about the Saints. I was kinda rooting for the Lions on that one. Tomorrow is the Giants-Falcons, and the Steelers-Broncos.

Now that my own Fantasy Football league is over, I can now concentrate on my favorite team, rather than my individual players.

My personal favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Have been a Steelers fan for a long time. Got to liking them when they beat the Dallas Cowboys twice in Super Bowls. I've never liked the Cowboys. Especially this business a while back of them calling themselves "America's Team". The nerve.

I know most people on here probably prefer soccer (or football), as I know you all call it. But American football is my favorite team sport, and January is my favorite month, with the playoffs and all.

My prediction for this year? In the NFC it just looks like Green Bay vs. New Orleans for the Conference championship. I'd probably go with Green Bay again, just because Rodgers is having such an awesome year. In the AFC, who knows. Pittsburgh has the great defense, but they're getting up there in age... and their offense depends pretty much on Roethlisberger's health. Baltimore can't be ignored, and of course the Patriots could end up in the Super Bowl also.

Who's you all's favorite teams?

Well I liked you until just finding out that you're a Steelers fan.

Obviously, I'm a Browns fan.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dolphin fan since the Marino years , jesus its been pretty grim for many a year now

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    Dolphin fan since the Marino years , jesus its been pretty grim for many a year now
    Welcome to the club of Fan Misery. I've been a lifetime member.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Do Brows and Bengals fans hate each other? Because while I am a fan of the Bengals, I often cheer for the Browns too and I occasionally wonder if this is sacrilege in the state of Ohio.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Do Brows and Bengals fans hate each other? Because while I am a fan of the Bengals, I often cheer for the Browns too and I occasionally wonder if this is sacrilege in the state of Ohio.
    Yes, they do, with the whole battle for Ohio thing, but it doesn't even come close to the hate between the Browns & Steelers fans.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm an Eagles fan. Very disappointing season this year, I had hopes of a decent run in the playoffs, maybe even making the NFC Championship game. They didn't start playing well until it was too late really. Probably didn't help that Vick took a little while to get going and picked up a few injuries early on, and Desean Jackson spent most of the year sulking.

I'm not really backing one particular team in it this year. Wouldn't mind seeing the Texans have a good run given it's the first time they've made the playoffs. I'd like to see the Broncos do well too. Can't really look past the Packers to repeat though.
    Last edited by Cressa121; 01-09-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was two blocks from the Superdome lastnight and three sheets to the wind. I still cannot hear anything.

When its all said and done I think we'll be seeing a rematch of the season opener and Brees and Rogers will go head to head in another shoot out and we'll see who the real MVP is, Saints win

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank God the Steelers lost.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a 49er fan, the 49ers-Saints game is going to look a lot different then the game last night in the dome. Close, close game.

I think the Super Bowl is a rematch of the Harbowl.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I'm a 49er fan, the 49ers-Saints game is going to look a lot different then the game last night in the dome. Close, close game.

I think the Super Bowl is a rematch of the Harbowl.
    The 49ers will lose to the Saints badly. Why? Because your QB is Alex Smith.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 49ers are last (or second to last) in passing attempts and still only lost 3 games. The 49ers need Alex Smith like the Buccaneers needed Brad Johnson or the Baltimore Ravens needed Trent Dilfer. Alex is actually having a good year, but he just doesn't have to do much. He had the second lowest interception percentage in NFL history, the 49ers haven't turned the ball over since Thanksgiving. They allow 13 points a game. They run the ball on you, they control the clock, they have the best special teams in the NFL which means they have the best average starting field position and the best opponent starting field position in the league.

Defense, run the ball, control the clock. The 49ers formula for winning is completely different then the Patriots, Packers, Saints and Lions. It's actually more similar to Denver's philosophy. Denver plays awesome defense and runs the ball primarily on offense. The 49ers are a better team then Denver obviously, but there is more then 1 way to win in the NFL.

The Saints are a completely different team on the road too. 9-0 at home, 5-3 on the road. In the 5 games they have played outside of a dome this year, they average 25 points a game. That's not exactly prolific. Especially when you consider that they faced the Packers (awful defense), Buccaneers (awful defense), Titans (actually a good defense), Jaguars (decent defense) and Panthers (not so good) and they could only muster up a 25 point average.

But that's OK, it's a really close game but it's not just about the quarterbacks.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank God the Steelers lost.

Damn! Tebow-mania is REALLY gonna take off, now. Nice kid and all, but I'm rooting for the Patriots next week.

Anyway... I don't dislike the Browns just 'cause I'm a Steeler fan. But i DO dislike teams like: the Cowboys, Ravens, and..... can't think of any others right now.

Thread Information