Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Froch vs Bute on April 14 in Canada, then a rematch on August 4 in Nottingham

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Bute on April 14 in Canada, then a rematch on August 4 in Nottingham

Shza

You missunderstood the point of my post

It is my opinion froch deserved the win against dirrell it is your opinion he didnt, what is most important is that the judges thought he didnt
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Bute on April 14 in Canada, then a rematch on August 4 in Nottingham

Before Froch ,had his fight with Ward I did say Ward , would out box him and he did to be honest,it was easy to pick the winner,Ward. Yes Froch is game yes he is entertaining, but any one that's a bit faster than him beat's him.? Fact Froch is a limited fight he will not improve so don't look for Gold when you got a bit
    Brass lad's

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Shza

You missunderstood the point of my post

It is my opinion froch deserved the win against dirrell it is your opinion he didnt, what is most important is that the judges thought he didnt
    Two of them. The other one thought Dirrell won.

But that's not what I was responding to. I was responding to your suggestion that Froch wouldn't have lost to Kessler or Ward if those fights hadn't been "in his opponents' home country." Froch loses to Ward 100 out of 100 fights, sorry. There is a clear difference in class.

Versus Kessler, who knows. I think they are both B+ fighters.

The Super 6 really did wonders for overrating the hell out of the SMW division. It was a mediocre division before and remains one now, outside of Ward and potentially Bute (we will see).
    Last edited by shza; 01-10-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a song , that go's I can see clearly now the rain has gone,may be it was raining when he lost them 2 fight's or where 1 or 2 of you on

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jeez Eric you don't half talk some drivel! If they had different routes, we'd be looking at a different champion by now? What on earth are you on about??

You're that typical Brit that probably thought if Hatton fought Mayweather with a different referee (preferably Ray Hatton), fought him in his backyard, where Floyd wasn't allowed to keep punching Ricky in the face and the ring was the size of a matchbox...Hatton would have won.

Ward was easily the best fighter in that tournament, let's give him his props here.

Simple facts about Froch :

is he a good fighter? Yes
    is he a great fighter? No
    Does he have a great chin, heart and exciting style? Yes
    Does he fight anyone put in front of him even if it meant fighting Vitali Klitchsko? Yes
    Does he have a better record than Calzaghe did with only having had just over half the fights? Yes

Froch is to be respected and is good for boxing but somebody hit the nail on the head with the losing everytime he steps up comment. He's not as great as he thinks he is BUT he has beaten some good fighters due to his stamina and punching power. He is a very limited boxer though. Fun to watch.

He may be able to wear Bute down late if he doesn't keep getting caught throughout the fight (which I doubt). Although he has a wonderful chin, I'm not of the opinion that Froch is Un-knockoutable.

It's a good fight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Althugz, froch lost to ward and to kessler in a very clse fight in kesslers home town in the middle of a run of fighrs against several world class fighters, not really losing everytime he steps up.

If you think ward would still have the same record he has now if he had have fought the same schedule as froch then great, i on the other hand am more realistic

And shza, if you think froch getting to the final of the supersix means the whole of the smw division is rubbish, then thats cool too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch doesnt have the punch output to beat Bute, thats the key to the fight. If he could summon up some Calzaghe punch output he would win but he wont (and who could?). With their respective skill sets and speed, Froch is outmatched, theres no way he can win bar the old adage of 'the punchers chance'.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think ward would still have the same record he has now if he had have fought the same schedule as froch then great, i on the other hand am more realistic
    Who that Froch fought would have beaten Ward? Name names. The only options are Jermain Taylor, Glen Johnson, and Andre Dirrell. Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Who that Froch fought would have beaten Ward? Name names. The only options are Jermain Taylor, Glen Johnson, and Andre Dirrell. Ridiculous.
    Ok, ward just had a big fight in his home country, now lets see him go to a champions home town and fight, then take dirrell at home, then to another top cass x champions home town and fight, then another away fight against an x champ, then glen johnson in a foreign country and then a massive fight in another champs home country

If he comes through that undefeated i will hold my hands up

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what if either fight wins a one sided fight though or a stoppage? I dont understand this two fight deal thing, seems a bit shit to me. I also think its a bit shit how both of these fights or in the home towns of both fighters, making it more than likely for both fighter to get a win over each other. Which if they are both close fights would set up a third fight, so why dont they agree a three fight contract with the last fight on neutral ground lets say the states to make it properly fair?

Seems a bit odd to me really, however I think it's a great fight that no doubt should happen. I personally would have prefered Bute to face Ward at first, and Froch fight Kessler in the UK. But I cant complain too much with this match up, its good seeing the best fight the best and this is what needs to happen in all weight classes.

Will be a tough close fight for both men. Going off Froch's last performance hes shown he can be outboxed against someone with great speed and ringcraft. However I dont think Bute is as good as Ward and this will make it a closer fight. Bute hasn't been in with a fighter on the level of Froch and that is a good thing for Froch. Froch at the higher level does have a lot more experience than Bute. I just feel Froch needs to start a bit quicker in this fight and I give him a great chance of beating Bute, especially in the second fight In nottingham.

I think Bute will want to engage a lot more than Ward did, I dont see Bute being able to do a lot of the old schools skills Ward did which got Froch off his game. He found it hard to inside because he was constantly being tied up or to give ward a lot of credit he truely did control the inside fighting which was i was quite surprised about to be honest. Bute has also shown that he can tire at the end and that will surely play in Froch's favour. However Bute is a good fighter and no doubt he will have the ability to box Froch and take rounds. I just dont feel he will be as commanding as ward though and this is why it will be a close fight either way.

If Froch can't stop Bute in the first fight then I can see him losing a close points decision and for the second fight if Bute can't stop Froch I can see him losing a close points decision. we will see anyway, good fight to happen though. I hope Froch can put in a big performance on foreign soil like after his first loss to Kessler against Abraham. He will be right up there again if he does.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Ok, ward just had a big fight in his home country, now lets see him go to a champions home town and fight, then take dirrell at home, then to another top cass x champions home town and fight, then another away fight against an x champ, then glen johnson in a foreign country and then a massive fight in another champs home country

If he comes through that undefeated i will hold my hands up
    Sorry, which of those three guys are you saying would beat Ward? Again, the options are Jermain Taylor, Glen Johnson, and Andre Dirrell. Easy question.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right now, dirrell would have the best chance

Look at timing too, where the fights are taking place and the schedule i have given you above (not unlike froch's)

If that schedule was planned for ward and you went to a bookies and put a pound on him to win every fight, if it came in you would be a rich man

If you put the same pound on him to lose at least 1 of those fights you might get 50p back if you are lucky

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Why couldn't Bute wait on Ward? Ward vs Bute is the fight we all want to see.

Big UPS to Froch. He lost the Super 6 final and already, ready to get back in the ring with the 1A of the super middleweight division. I guess we all know who Ward is going to fight. Anthony Dirrell. Although he have been hinting around a catchweight fight, Martinez.
    Because Ward made it clear that he isn't interested in fight Bute any time soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's right ward would rather fight nobodies whereas froch will keep headlining fight of the year matches and go down with sugar ray Leonard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    That's right ward would rather fight nobodies whereas froch will keep headlining fight of the year matches and go down with sugar ray Leonard.
    I don't know how I possibly missed it before, but now that you say it, it seems so obvious: Carl Froch is just like Sugar Ray Leonard.

I'm glad the Froch fans can be so objective. This has been a really constructive thread.

Thread Information