Thread: My motha f**kin man Floyd!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My motha fuckin man Floyd!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    manny called him out too, he wants the may 5th fight but Arum won't allow it because hes already agreed for mannys next fight to be in vegas that wont be a big enough venue for a floyd-manny fight. He wants the 45,000 seater for the fight in november.

I personally think he should just man up and let them fight. im sick of all this bullshit.
    I agree lets just make it happen. This fight belongs in Vegas though, so they need to make it work. The reason Pac fought those fights in Dallas TX, is because they were not going to do great PPV numbers. Arum had to compensate for it by having good gate numbers. Time to step up Manny, the ball is in your court. He's constantly saying he fights for the people, well this is what the people want.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather calls pac out again.

Don't want to be a spoilsport here, but...... where was all this bravado a couple of years back?
    Why now..... all of a sudden, it's "step up punk"?

Just wondering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah!... let's get this over with! The sooner Pac calls this, the sooner this mega fight gets done. Posturing, hype, or bluff... please none of the above. Li'l Floyd, Pac just SIGN!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    manny called him out too, he wants the may 5th fight but Arum won't allow it because hes already agreed for mannys next fight to be in vegas that wont be a big enough venue for a floyd-manny fight. He wants the 45,000 seater for the fight in november.

I personally think he should just man up and let them fight. im sick of all this bullshit.
    I agree lets just make it happen. This fight belongs in Vegas though, so they need to make it work. The reason Pac fought those fights in Dallas TX, is because they were not going to do great PPV numbers. Arum had to compensate for it by having good gate numbers. Time to step up Manny, the ball is in your court. He's constantly saying he fights for the people, well this is what the people want.
    Pacquiao Ready For Mayweather; Arum Jabs Golden Boy - Boxing News

Arum is talking about making the temp stadium in vegas but it wouldnt be ready till late may, he says it would make more money for the fighters. I think the fight will happen in november to be honest, i dont see it happening in may.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather calls pac out again.

just posted this in the other thread, but this is what was said by arum and pac...

Pacquiao Ready For Mayweather; Arum Jabs Golden Boy - Boxing News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will find out if the bait has finally found the DUCK's mouth... Floyd's

Lest we see words like, "it wasn't me twitting, it was that damn bird!"... then we really have a sincere Floyd Mayweather Jr, honestly issuing words to make his part of the equation positive towards making this fight possible. It likewise shows that he is aggressively seeking to nail this fight with Manny Pacquiao for May 5, and not a date with mega fighter Robert Guerrero- Who? Har, har!

Fight!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 01-11-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KananKrus View Post
    We will find out if the bait has finally found the DUCK's mouth... Floyd's

Lest we see words like, "it wasn't me twitting, it was that damn bird!"... then we really have a sincere Floyd Mayweather Jr, honestly issuing words to make his part of the equation positive towards making this fight possible. It likewise shows that he is aggressively seeking to nail this fight with Manny Pacquiao for May 5, and not a date with mega fighter Robert Guerrero- Who? Har, har!

Fight!
    the only one holding up the fight is Arum and Pacquiao, Bob Arum said that Manny was going to fight in May when he thought that Mayweather was going to be locked up last friday, now he says that Manny needs additional time for a cut he received in the Marquez fight to heal which is complete bullshit, it takes 100 days for a cut to fully heal not six months, Floyd called out Manny before JMM/Pac III, and did so on video, Arum and Pacquiao need to drop the bullshit and face Floyd, as for you knocking on Guerrero as Mayweather's next possible opponent well Peterson is on the same level as Guerrero and that very well will be the fight that Manny picks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My motha f**kin man Floyd!!!

Goodness, let's make it easier...

Article Link - Pacquiao Ready For Mayweather; Arum Jabs Golden Boy
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
    Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao has made it absolutely clear that neither he nor Top Rank promoter Bob Arum are dodging a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Pacquiao told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard in an exclusive interview at the airport following his arrival in Manila with wife Jinkee for a meeting with Arum and Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz, that he would “discuss what’s best to do."
    Pacquiao said “there is a possibility of fighting Mayweather in May and I’ll discuss what is best for us to do.” At the same time he said the cut he suffered on his right eyebrow in the last fight with Juan Manuel Marquez which required some 23 stitches is “fine and there’s no problem” although his plastic surgeon in the US had told Koncz he wants to take a look at it or at least see a photo of how it looks now.
    Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz told us “Manny has told me his priority for his next fight is Mayweather. We are working on it and trying to make that fight. I can assure you it's nothing from our side or the Top Rank side that’s hindering this.”
    Shortly after his arrival yesterday morning Arum, in a lengthy interview with BoxingScene/The Standard and ABS-CBN’S Dyan Castillejo, said he had reserved June 2 and 9 for a Pacquiao fight. He said “If the fight is going to be with Mayweather because the judge said he has to report to prison on June 1, that will still enable us to do a fight if we can come to terms, by the end of May.”
    Arum pointed out that “in order to maximize revenues from the fight you have to have a stadium larger than the MGM Grand which holds 16,500. The people in Las Vegas, the Wynn and the Venetian who have tremendous resources, want to put a stadium up across the street from their properties. They can put up a temporary stadium for 45,000 people. The guy who built the temporary stadium when Larry Holmes and Gerry Cooney fought years ago is available now to build a temporary stadium. But that wouldn’t be ready with any degree of certainty in the beginning of May but it would be available at the end of May.”
    Arum said “the economic difference is tremendous. If we did it on May 5 we will be limited to the MGM Grand we would probably do a record gate of $20 million. If we did it in this new temporary arena we would do a gate of around $60 million so the difference even if you take off the cost of building the structure ($7 million) which would be amortized over two years, is a minimum of $40 million. Its an extra $20 million for each fighter which is a lot of money. But that’s a choice the fighters have to make.”
    Arum pointed out that “everybody has overlooked the fact that Mayweather hasn’t said anything. He assumed that he was going to jail on June 1 and they got him this reprieve and I think his idea was to fight on May 5 against an ordinary opponent and not Manny Pacquiao. It's all of these other people who want this fight right away.”
    The Top Rank promoter noted that people who have no contractual interest in Mayweather keep talking and added “until we hear from Mayweather that he wants to fight Manny in May sometime, you really can’t pin Manny down.”
    Arum said “the leading voice that claims Bob Arum is blocking the (Mayweather) fight is Richard Schaefer and Golden Boy. Now why are they saying that? Because they have no contract with Mayweather and who knows that they are even going to be involved in this. Their job is to get me angry enough that I start talking with them so they can slither their way into the promotion. I’m too smart for that. If Mayweather picked up the phone or sent us a text, which he does from time to time, saying ‘Bob I want you to talk to Golden Boy we would immediately do that. They can say whatever they want to say but its essentially based on their nervousness that if this big fight happens they will not be included.”
    He cited the difference in that Top Rank has a contract with Pacquiao while “they have been acting as a promoter for Floyd Mayweather getting a fee on a fight-by-fight basis. But they have no contract with him, no understanding with him so unless Mayweather wants to involve them, they are not going to be involved.”
    Arum said that “Logically, after a May 5 fight against an ordinary kind of opponent, Floyd serves whatever time he has to serve in prison then that would leave plenty of time to promote a November fight which is the optimum date to do a fight.”
    Arum said Mayweather is thinking in terms of getting another payday and the reason he picked May 5 not because of Manny Pacquiao but to fight somebody like Robert Guerrero who is of Hispanic origin because May 5 is Cinco de Mayo which is a holiday among Hispanics in the United States.
    "I always believed that Mayweather would pick a Hispanic fighter for May 5 and we were good with that and didn’t want to interfere with his business.”
    Arum said if “Mayweather wants to fight Manny he has to say I want to fight Manny and I’m willing to fight at the end of May because in good conscience I’m not going to leave $40 million on the table.”
    Arum believes Pacquiao isn’t going to wait for Mayweather to make up his mind because “For Manny its important that he fights in the spring and for Mayweather it's important that he fights before he goes to jail. So I think in the next week or so, this thing will sort itself out.”
    Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said he and Arum have been in discussions for two weeks and he has relayed everything to Pacquiao “who is aware of what’s going on and Bob is here to reiterate and to answer any questions Manny may have on the four fighters lined up – Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Timothy Bradley and Lamont Peterson.” Arum reiterated he will lay down the options but the decision is solely Pacquiao’s.
    Koncz also indicated “There will be discussions on Floyd because if that fight is not going to take place now we are certainly hoping it will take place later in the year.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather will go down like Roy Jones would have if he hadn't gone on so long, as a great matchmaker Pac is past it and he will dominate him en route to a decision if it happens.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Goodness, let's make it easier...

Article Link - Pacquiao Ready For Mayweather; Arum Jabs Golden Boy
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz
    Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao has made it absolutely clear that neither he nor Top Rank promoter Bob Arum are dodging a fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    Pacquiao told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard in an exclusive interview at the airport following his arrival in Manila with wife Jinkee for a meeting with Arum and Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz, that he would “discuss what’s best to do."
    Pacquiao said “there is a possibility of fighting Mayweather in May and I’ll discuss what is best for us to do.” At the same time he said the cut he suffered on his right eyebrow in the last fight with Juan Manuel Marquez which required some 23 stitches is “fine and there’s no problem” although his plastic surgeon in the US had told Koncz he wants to take a look at it or at least see a photo of how it looks now.
    Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz told us “Manny has told me his priority for his next fight is Mayweather. We are working on it and trying to make that fight. I can assure you it's nothing from our side or the Top Rank side that’s hindering this.”
    Shortly after his arrival yesterday morning Arum, in a lengthy interview with BoxingScene/The Standard and ABS-CBN’S Dyan Castillejo, said he had reserved June 2 and 9 for a Pacquiao fight. He said “If the fight is going to be with Mayweather because the judge said he has to report to prison on June 1, that will still enable us to do a fight if we can come to terms, by the end of May.”
    Arum pointed out that “in order to maximize revenues from the fight you have to have a stadium larger than the MGM Grand which holds 16,500. The people in Las Vegas, the Wynn and the Venetian who have tremendous resources, want to put a stadium up across the street from their properties. They can put up a temporary stadium for 45,000 people. The guy who built the temporary stadium when Larry Holmes and Gerry Cooney fought years ago is available now to build a temporary stadium. But that wouldn’t be ready with any degree of certainty in the beginning of May but it would be available at the end of May.”
    Arum said “the economic difference is tremendous. If we did it on May 5 we will be limited to the MGM Grand we would probably do a record gate of $20 million. If we did it in this new temporary arena we would do a gate of around $60 million so the difference even if you take off the cost of building the structure ($7 million) which would be amortized over two years, is a minimum of $40 million. Its an extra $20 million for each fighter which is a lot of money. But that’s a choice the fighters have to make.”
    Arum pointed out that “everybody has overlooked the fact that Mayweather hasn’t said anything. He assumed that he was going to jail on June 1 and they got him this reprieve and I think his idea was to fight on May 5 against an ordinary opponent and not Manny Pacquiao. It's all of these other people who want this fight right away.”
    The Top Rank promoter noted that people who have no contractual interest in Mayweather keep talking and added “until we hear from Mayweather that he wants to fight Manny in May sometime, you really can’t pin Manny down.”
    Arum said “the leading voice that claims Bob Arum is blocking the (Mayweather) fight is Richard Schaefer and Golden Boy. Now why are they saying that? Because they have no contract with Mayweather and who knows that they are even going to be involved in this. Their job is to get me angry enough that I start talking with them so they can slither their way into the promotion. I’m too smart for that. If Mayweather picked up the phone or sent us a text, which he does from time to time, saying ‘Bob I want you to talk to Golden Boy we would immediately do that. They can say whatever they want to say but its essentially based on their nervousness that if this big fight happens they will not be included.”
    He cited the difference in that Top Rank has a contract with Pacquiao while “they have been acting as a promoter for Floyd Mayweather getting a fee on a fight-by-fight basis. But they have no contract with him, no understanding with him so unless Mayweather wants to involve them, they are not going to be involved.”
    Arum said that “Logically, after a May 5 fight against an ordinary kind of opponent, Floyd serves whatever time he has to serve in prison then that would leave plenty of time to promote a November fight which is the optimum date to do a fight.”
    Arum said Mayweather is thinking in terms of getting another payday and the reason he picked May 5 not because of Manny Pacquiao but to fight somebody like Robert Guerrero who is of Hispanic origin because May 5 is Cinco de Mayo which is a holiday among Hispanics in the United States.
    "I always believed that Mayweather would pick a Hispanic fighter for May 5 and we were good with that and didn’t want to interfere with his business.”
    Arum said if “Mayweather wants to fight Manny he has to say I want to fight Manny and I’m willing to fight at the end of May because in good conscience I’m not going to leave $40 million on the table.”
    Arum believes Pacquiao isn’t going to wait for Mayweather to make up his mind because “For Manny its important that he fights in the spring and for Mayweather it's important that he fights before he goes to jail. So I think in the next week or so, this thing will sort itself out.”
    Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said he and Arum have been in discussions for two weeks and he has relayed everything to Pacquiao “who is aware of what’s going on and Bob is here to reiterate and to answer any questions Manny may have on the four fighters lined up – Juan Manuel Marquez, Miguel Cotto, Timothy Bradley and Lamont Peterson.” Arum reiterated he will lay down the options but the decision is solely Pacquiao’s.
    Koncz also indicated “There will be discussions on Floyd because if that fight is not going to take place now we are certainly hoping it will take place later in the year.”
    Dan Rafael has personally talked to Arum and Bob directly told Rafael that Manny had to be off the shelf for 6 months due to a cut , the fight can be made NOW, there is no need for it to wait till the end of a year that WE JUST FUCKING STARTED but of course you're gonna say that Arum and Pacquiao are just doing "smart business"

Blame Bob Arum for no Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather fight - ESPN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was the bait, silly me!

Now we are awaiting a personal phone call from Jr to Top Rank, or a presscon just suits fine.
    There is the grab, if it happens!
    The tweet is circumstatial and inconclusive, not worth the babashticky, silly me! I'd rather a press con calling out Manny like in the past. The tweet is convenient for the bird, the duck... DUCK.
    Last edited by KananKrus; 01-11-2012 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was the bait, silly me!

Now we are awaiting a personal phone call from Jr to Top Rank, or a presscon just suits fine.
    There is the grab, if it happens!
    The tweet is circumstatial and inconclusive, not worth the babashticky, silly me! I'd rather a press con calling out Manny like in the past. The tweet is convenient for the bird, the duck... DUCK.
    thing is the only one doing ducking is Manny and Bob Arum, no way to flip it, Pacquiao hasn't called out Floyd on video or at a press conference, Floyd at least did call Manny out on video prior to the Twitter call out, Pacquiao has been a bit hush hush since the whole debacle started and this was before the Marquez fight, both guys need to sign up if they're going to fight, if not they BOTH need to just shut the fuck up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What Floyd video? Dare to provide, just for the benefit of the uninformed, I included?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

search Floyd on world star

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah!... let's get this over with! The sooner Pac calls this, the sooner this mega fight gets done. Posturing, hype, or bluff... please none of the above. Li'l Floyd, Pac just SIGN!
    Its not a super fight any more. Pac was at his best three fights ago and now he is a shadow of his former self. I blame the fame and all the congressman bulls+it. Floyd has seen he is passed his best and suddenly grows a pair.

Thread Information