Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bute really wants froch?

and bute is desperate for froch because he thinks he will go to canada and that its his chance to fight a big name in his home town in front of his fans

he wont be so excited about the fight if froch demands it in england
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    and bute is desperate for froch because he thinks he will go to canada and that its his chance to fight a big name in his home town in front of his fans

That was the whole point of the two-fight deal: to give each guy a chance to win in their hometown. If Bute really wants a Froch fight, he should consider doing the first fight in Nottingham and the second fight in Montreal.

Erics, do you think Groves is ready for Bute or Froch?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

That was the whole point of the two-fight deal: to give each guy a chance to win in their hometown. If Bute really wants a Froch fight, he should consider doing the first fight in Nottingham and the second fight in Montreal.

exactly, and it wont happen, i cant see even if they sign a 2 fight deal they will have 2 fights

perhaps i am too pessimistic

I dont think groves is ready do you? he's only had 13 fights or whatever it is, i think at the minute both would probably stop him, in 5 or 6 fights time tho you never know

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

exactly, and it wont happen, i cant see even if they sign a 2 fight deal they will have 2 fights

I dont think groves is ready do you? he's only had 13 fights or whatever it is, i think at the minute both would probably stop him, in 5 or 6 fights time tho you never know
    Maybe he needs a little more seasoning but Groves has come to the US and sparred with Andre Dirrell etc. and Andre Dirrell said he was very good. I guess there are a good amount of options at the domestic level in the UK to keep him busy for now?

Bute is in between a rock and a hard place here. Who does he fight? If Froch wants an easier fight in his Nottingham now and Ward also wants to take an easier fight for the time being, Dirrell may be the only option even though the main fight he should be in is against Ward. There aren't any other available top ten guys and I don't see why Bute should leave 168 when he can still safely make weight.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe he needs a little more seasoning but Groves has come to the US and sparred with Andre Dirrell etc. and Andre Dirrell said he was very good. I guess there are a good amount of options at the domestic level in the UK to keep him busy for now?

Bute is in between a rock and a hard place here. Who does he fight? If Froch wants an easier fight in his Nottingham now and Ward also wants to take an easier fight for the time being, Dirrell may be the only option even though the main fight he should be in is against Ward. There aren't any other available top ten guys and I don't see why Bute should leave 168 when he can still safely make weight.
    i think groves is almost running out of options in the UK, assuming he beats anderson (which i think is a really hard fight) who is there?

is tony jeffries still at super middle? Brian Magee maybe although i wouldnt have thought there would be much chance he would want groves, there is a good chance he would lose and that would be him right back out of title contention

I dont think theres any harm in him stepping back for a couple of fights, maybe figting rocky fielding maybe

obviously theres degale too but i cant see that happening any time soon

The problem Bute has is he always fights in canada, I wouldnt have thought dirrell would fight him there, probably the best he can hope for is the kind of second tier of fighters willing to travel

I think thats why he is so keen on froch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand why you'd be disappointed with a Bute/Dirrell fight. To me, it's a 50/50 fight. I might even slightly favor Dirrell. I think it's crap that Showtime wouldn't pay for Bute/Froch but honestly, Dirrell is a bigger challenge than Froch anyway and it would be a very intriguing match-up.

I know you don't mean it this way, but functionally, what you're saying amounts to saying that Dirrell needs to fight Ward in order to earn a Bute fight -- which seems exactly backward. I guarantee we get Ward/Dirrell if Dirrell beats Bute. And we probably get Dirrell/Froch 2 either way.

I also think that if B-Hop somehow beat Dawson (or maybe even if he doesn't), we'll see him pushing bigtime to fight Bute.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bute should fight Froch next and just see what happens, if it is close and exciting then they should do the rematch in England. If it is not close then no need to demand a rematch.

Groves has said that he is not ready for Froch and it would be an insult for Groves to even request a fight with Froch yet.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    I don't understand why you'd be disappointed with a Bute/Dirrell fight. To me, it's a 50/50 fight. I might even slightly favor Dirrell. I think it's crap that Showtime wouldn't pay for Bute/Froch but honestly, Dirrell is a bigger challenge than Froch anyway and it would be a very intriguing match-up.

I know you don't mean it this way, but functionally, what you're saying amounts to saying that Dirrell needs to fight Ward in order to earn a Bute fight -- which seems exactly backward. I guarantee we get Ward/Dirrell if Dirrell beats Bute. And we probably get Dirrell/Froch 2 either way.

I also think that if B-Hop somehow beat Dawson (or maybe even if he doesn't), we'll see him pushing bigtime to fight Bute.
    I wouldn't be disappointed in a Bute v. Dirrell fight and I'm not saying that Dirrell needs to see Ward in order to fight Bute. It just irks me that Dirrell would get a huge pay day against Bute when he arguably ducked Ward. Dirrell's behavior will be rewarded when it should be really be discouraged.

It's similar to the Bradley/Khan situation if Bradley lands the Pacquiao fight because in effect Bradley will be rewarded for ducking Khan. Bradley versus Pacquiao is a competitive fight too. However, at least there, it's not Bradley's fault Khan lost to Peterson.

Also, considering the history, I don't know how you can guarantee we'll get Ward/Dirrell if Dirrell beats Bute. (1) Dirrell quit the S6 when he was set to face Ward and (2) since then, Dirrell has called Bute out on numerous occasions, yet not called out Ward. He has no history with Bute either. Frankly, Dirrell has never given any true indication that he ever wants to face Ward. Ward's mandatory is Anthony Dirrell. Let's see if he takes it.

As for how I saw the division playing out in a perfect world, Ward stated he wouldn't face Bute until Bute beat better competition. To get to that point, it made sense to me that Bute face the guys Ward beat to "earn" a fight with Ward (Not that I wouldn't prefer Ward vs. Bute now of course, but I mean given that is Ward's stance). While Bute was challenging Froch and Kessler, Anthony Dirrell would face Andre Ward, which would help build a fight between Andre Dirrell and Andre Ward and then the winner would face the winner of the Bute/Froch/Kessler fights.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think groves is almost running out of options in the UK, assuming he beats anderson (which i think is a really hard fight) who is there?

is tony jeffries still at super middle? Brian Magee maybe although i wouldnt have thought there would be much chance he would want groves, there is a good chance he would lose and that would be him right back out of title contention

I dont think theres any harm in him stepping back for a couple of fights, maybe figting rocky fielding maybe

obviously theres degale too but i cant see that happening any time soon

The problem Bute has is he always fights in canada, I wouldnt have thought dirrell would fight him there, probably the best he can hope for is the kind of second tier of fighters willing to travel

I think thats why he is so keen on froch
    Brian Magee is the exact type of fight Groves should be angling for in the near future. It may be too early in his career now, but sometime soon that is the perfect type of developmental fight.

Thread Information