Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Its Mayweather v Cotto on May 5th

Nice matchup... no complaints from me on this one

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    First off Lyle I love the new sig.

Secondly, its pretty late for this fight to be finally coming off. Would have been better at 140 I think. Cotto is a little long in the tooth now.

But, better late than pregnant.
    Thanks, I enjoy it too, but I'm glad others appreciate it

Late but not too late...Cotto still has skills that could trouble Floyd, he still has power, he still has timing, he's still a big boy. Cotto is more in his prime than Oscar, Shane, and Zab were ALSO let's not forget that Floyd is getting older and perhaps slowing down.

It should be a great fight and whoever wins gets nothing but respect from me....I hope it's Cotto because Floyd is a smug little bastard (albeit a great boxer), but either way 100% respect from me. It's not a catchweight, it's a very legit very dangerous fight for either fighter. I love the matchup!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to say this only cause diane is a huge fan, but floyd even stepping up in weight (which pac forced him to drop) will have very little if any problems with cotto. This is however probably one of the better non pac match ups tho. Way way better than the riddiculous canelo idea. The worst part about this whole match up is the pre made excuses that are already there after floyd does win. After 24/7 and all that garbage 80% of fans who question the outcome will belive cotto is the saviour ...loss, rinse, repeat and we'll be back here in the blink of the eye trying to convince ourselves now _______ is the guy to beat him. Better than the nothing we were getting before this i guess
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto has to improve his stamina.
    I can see a martinez fight in november for floyd.
    Anyone think that floyd can ever be comfy at 154?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Cotto has to improve his stamina.
    I can see a martinez fight in november for floyd.
    Anyone think that floyd can ever be comfy at 154?
    I don't think 154 will ever be a "natural" weight for him. He seems like a sterotypical "hardgainer" -- very low bodyfat, and a struggle to bulk up. Even if he quit training, I don't think he'd suddenly blow up. Look at Roger and Floyd Sr.

Honestly, I think he could still be making 140 fairly easily if he really wanted to.

I'd definitely like to see him vs. Martinez at 154 next though. That's a much more competitive fight than Pacquiao -- probably the biggest challenge out there (besides the same fight at 160).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the fight I wanted, Cotto can fight from the outside and he has proper discipline to cope with Floyd. It's so nice to come on Saddo's and have a group of people talking some sense. I've been on Boxing Asylum and I'm sure Eastside would be the same, which are full of bating trolling rubbish with barley a good post among them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post
    This is the fight I wanted, Cotto can fight from the outside and he has proper discipline to cope with Floyd. It's so nice to come on Saddo's and have a group of people talking some sense. I've been on Boxing Asylum and I'm sure Eastside would be the same, which are full of bating trolling rubbish with barley a good post among them.
    Alot of people like cotto as well. Hes a good guy.
    Is cotto going to stick with the same trainer this time round or is he going elsewhere?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Sure Mayweather probably wins this by a wide points margin, but STYLES make fights. Miguel Cotto is a much more complete fighter than what Floyd has faced since De la Hoya. Mosley had power and handspeed, no defense. Zab had no discipline, Ortiz couldn't box, JMM had no power. Miguel Cotto can box, he has power, good timing, decent defense, a solid chin, a warrior's heart, and he can switch up from orthodox to southpaw.

To me, this is a very dangerous fight for Floyd. Cotto is sneaky with his power and sneaky with his speed. He doesn't look quick, but he can catch you coming in and put a hurting on you. Miguel also doesn't care where the hell he hits you he just wants to do damage...he stopped Gianaluca Branco with a left hook to the shoulder!!!

If Cotto prepares to go 12, uses the jab effectively AND remembers to attack the body.....well we might just have ourselves a fight fellas!!!!
    He did. But that was what 6 years ago? That Cotto doesn't exist any more

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    I hate to say this only cause diane is a huge fan, but floyd even stepping up in weight (which pac forced him to drop) will have very little if any problems with cotto. This is however probably one of the better non pac match ups tho. Way way better than the riddiculous canelo idea. The worst part about this whole match up is the pre made excuses that are already there after floyd does win. After 24/7 and all that garbage 80% of fans who question the outcome will belive cotto is the saviour ...loss, rinse, repeat and we'll be back here in the blink of the eye trying to convince ourselves now _______ is the guy to beat him. Better than the nothing we were getting before this i guess
    I fall for it everytime too.

I know Floyd will win, but I start to think, maybe, just maybe he can do this or that and win.

We watch the fight and realise they are a class above.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Sure Mayweather probably wins this by a wide points margin, but STYLES make fights. Miguel Cotto is a much more complete fighter than what Floyd has faced since De la Hoya. Mosley had power and handspeed, no defense. Zab had no discipline, Ortiz couldn't box, JMM had no power. Miguel Cotto can box, he has power, good timing, decent defense, a solid chin, a warrior's heart, and he can switch up from orthodox to southpaw.

To me, this is a very dangerous fight for Floyd. Cotto is sneaky with his power and sneaky with his speed. He doesn't look quick, but he can catch you coming in and put a hurting on you. Miguel also doesn't care where the hell he hits you he just wants to do damage...he stopped Gianaluca Branco with a left hook to the shoulder!!!

If Cotto prepares to go 12, uses the jab effectively AND remembers to attack the body.....well we might just have ourselves a fight fellas!!!!
    He still has that power and he boxes more now, he doesn't go all wild anymore, though he does not attack the body as much.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This time though Cotto's with a top notch coach in Perdo Diaz. Mayweather should have the edge but I don't think itll be a walk in the park, especially because Mayweather doesnt have the power to really bother Cotto.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He still has that power and he boxes more now, he doesn't go all wild anymore, though he does not attack the body as much.
    And that's gonna be a problem for Cotto. Two things a fighter has to do just to be competitive against Mayweather is work behind an effective jab and try to at least maintain some sort of body attack on him. Cotto has no chance if he strictly head hunts

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

This time though Cotto's with a top notch coach in Perdo Diaz. Mayweather should have the edge but I don't think itll be a walk in the park, especially because Mayweather doesnt have the power to really bother Cotto.
    Cotto's set in his ways. Cotto does what Cotto wants in the ring

El Kabong Guest

Cotto beat Mosley with his jab, he did a great job with it. I think if Cotto can handle Judah's hand speed then he can do ok vs Floyd.

It should be a good fight, Cotto isn't in bad fights.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hell yes!! Good for Miguel. He deserves a big fight like this.

Do I think he can win, well duh, of course I do. I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't believe. I honestly think if he comes in with the right game plan, and executes it, he can win. My biggest worry would be his stamina in the late rounds. And if he loses, no shame in that, he would be losing to one of the best out there right now. Then his only two legitimate losses would be to the #1 and #2 guys in the world.

Miguel should wear trunks and a robe that look like prison stripes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post

Well thanks for thinking about me before saying my guy has no chance.

Thread Information