51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Its Mayweather v Cotto on May 5th

PBF via wide UD...
    Don't see Cotto giving PBF problems.
    Maybe early in the fight Cotto lands a couple of good shots when he PBF decides to do the shoulder roll on the ropes but other than that PBF all day.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Cotto beat Mosley with his jab, he did a great job with it. I think if Cotto can handle Judah's hand speed then he can do ok vs Floyd.

It should be a good fight, Cotto isn't in bad fights.
    Thing is Cotto never really handled Judah's speed. Cotto punished and broke down Judah cuz is Judah. After 4 rounds he'll stop doing what's working for him. But whenever he decided to actually let his hands go he had success and would get the better of exchanges

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Sure Mayweather probably wins this by a wide points margin, but STYLES make fights. Miguel Cotto is a much more complete fighter than what Floyd has faced since De la Hoya. Mosley had power and handspeed, no defense. Zab had no discipline, Ortiz couldn't box, JMM had no power. Miguel Cotto can box, he has power, good timing, decent defense, a solid chin, a warrior's heart, and he can switch up from orthodox to southpaw.

To me, this is a very dangerous fight for Floyd. Cotto is sneaky with his power and sneaky with his speed. He doesn't look quick, but he can catch you coming in and put a hurting on you. Miguel also doesn't care where the hell he hits you he just wants to do damage...he stopped Gianaluca Branco with a left hook to the shoulder!!!

If Cotto prepares to go 12, uses the jab effectively AND remembers to attack the body.....well we might just have ourselves a fight fellas!!!!
    He did. But that was what 6 years ago? That Cotto doesn't exist any more

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... that's 3 steps back.

I could of just humored you and told you what you wanted to hear. But not wanting to give you false hope about Cotto non-existence chance I decided to be completely honest with you.

That should be like a 5 step jump
    he can't do any worse than Marquez did, or than Margarito would
    I can see Cotto getting stopped

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Cotto beat Mosley with his jab, he did a great job with it. I think if Cotto can handle Judah's hand speed then he can do ok vs Floyd.

It should be a good fight, Cotto isn't in bad fights.
    Thing is Cotto never really handled Judah's speed. Cotto punished and broke down Judah cuz is Judah. After 4 rounds he'll stop doing what's working for him. But whenever he decided to actually let his hands go he had success and would get the better of exchanges

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Sure Mayweather probably wins this by a wide points margin, but STYLES make fights. Miguel Cotto is a much more complete fighter than what Floyd has faced since De la Hoya. Mosley had power and handspeed, no defense. Zab had no discipline, Ortiz couldn't box, JMM had no power. Miguel Cotto can box, he has power, good timing, decent defense, a solid chin, a warrior's heart, and he can switch up from orthodox to southpaw.

To me, this is a very dangerous fight for Floyd. Cotto is sneaky with his power and sneaky with his speed. He doesn't look quick, but he can catch you coming in and put a hurting on you. Miguel also doesn't care where the hell he hits you he just wants to do damage...he stopped Gianaluca Branco with a left hook to the shoulder!!!

If Cotto prepares to go 12, uses the jab effectively AND remembers to attack the body.....well we might just have ourselves a fight fellas!!!!
    He did. But that was what 6 years ago? That Cotto doesn't exist any more

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... that's 3 steps back.

I could of just humored you and told you what you wanted to hear. But not wanting to give you false hope about Cotto non-existence chance I decided to be completely honest with you.

That should be like a 5 step jump
    he can't do any worse than Marquez did, or than Margarito would
    I can see Cotto getting stopped
    Mayweather could have stopped Marquez at any point from the 3rd on, he didn't simply out of choice rather than Marquez' ability to survive...

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really want this fight to be on Box Nation as the Cotto v Margarito fight was, really could not care less about Pacquiau v Bradley fight, would not stay up for that fight as it does not excite me at all. It will be a Clottey type shut out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    He is a great fighter and in my opinion has only ever lost once legitimately.
    In my opinion he's never lost legit. Once to a handwrapping cheater and second to a weight drainer who had a huge question mark over his head for refusing to take PED tests.

But I agree, he is probably not the same as a result of those losses which is unfortunate because he's always been a great fighter. He showed me that he is still near his best vs Marg for the 2nd time though. Great boxing, good feet..just needs to touch the body a little more when it comes to Floyd after sticking the double jab in Floyds face..kinda like Oscar was having success doing.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why have I been thrown out of this thread.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto's ability in the past at working the body to not only slow down but k.o fighters was top draw, he's goto go back to those days...since the first Margarito fight and split from his uncle as trainer Cotto has moved away from what made him so dangerous. I would have liked Miguel to have got his uncle back in his corner for this fight, go back to his original style. Mayweather is much more fresher, longer reach, greater speed, reflexs and always boxes clever. Money may do to cotto what he did to Gatti if Miguel just trys to catch him rather then put together a solid gameplan......I really hope Cotto can pull it off, I feel Mayweather will start the fight with respect for Cottos power, Cotto has to put some fear in money with hurtfull body shots

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is a very smart man. He picked May 5th , big day for Mexicans , and got Canelo put on the undercard. More Mexicans will buy now since Canelo is a superstar . He will get more PPV buys then Pacquiao vs Bradley then for November he will demand a bigger split for him since he will get more buys then Pac.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Mayweather is a very smart man. He picked May 5th , big day for Mexicans , and got Canelo put on the undercard. More Mexicans will buy now since Canelo is a superstar . He will get more PPV buys then Pacquiao vs Bradley then for November he will demand a bigger split for him since he will get more buys then Pac.
    Lol yep

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Why have I been thrown out of this thread.
    Can they do that? You need to spread your arms and legs star shape, and as they try to push you through the door, grab hold of the biggest guys shirt and pull him out with you.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is a very smart man. A phrase not made meaningless through overuse.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately being a Cotto fan and hoping he knocks out Floyd, speed is what Cotto needs and speed is what Floyd has. Floyd will probably make this a cat-mouse game unless Angel Cotto really puts the pedal to the medal and mauls Floyd in a corner all night but the last time I saw Floyd he reminded everyone he trains hard and is a great ring technician. He is no fool and he is just as dangerous in that ring as the perfect predator in the jungle, a cat.

Thread Information