Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who has a better chance to pull off an upset?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Cotto or Bradley have a better chance at pulling off the upset?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Cotto or Bradley have a better chance at pulling off the upset?

I think the claims that Bradley cannot punch are ridiculous. Just because he hasn't KO'd many people doesn't mean he doesn't hurt opponents.

You only have to watch his fights to see what a beating he has put on top level opposition. Peterson, Casamayor, Witter, Campbell, Alexander, all world champions in the last couple years were all floored or punched into submission by him.

He's like Calzaghe or Hopkins. Don't let the KO ratio fool you, he's very capable of hurting guys and no top fighter has been able to cope with him yet.

He's a legit threat to Manny who I feel is on the slide. He's been complaining about his legs in all three of his last fights. This could be a long night for him and I'd not be surprised a bit if Bradley manages to outwork him down the stretch.

For me it's close to a 50/50 fight at this point. I really think Manny is going to get bloodied up and battered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Cotto or Bradley have a better chance at pulling off the upset?

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    In my estimation, Bradley does. However, for those that believe Cotto does, I am curious to hear your reasoning.
    With only 41.3% ko rate, I don't think Bradley has a chance of pulling off an upset. He aint' gonna outbox Pac if that's what you're thinking. That's nowhere his gameplan. Hes gonna get timed and probably will get hurt badly.

Anyways. Cotto can execute a hail mary punch, and Bradley can't.

Yeah. Just like that. As simple as that.
    Bradley doesn't have the power to KO Pacquiao, but he has the stamina and physical strength to maul and pressure Manny to a decision win, Marquez hasn't come close to stopping Manny but he's whooped that ass 3 times already

Cotto has the weight advantage, has big fight experience, is using his technical ability a lot more in recent fights, has shown better stamina in recent fights, so IMO he has just as good a chance as anyone, that said Mayweather still wins
    Umm..

l don't think so.

Technically, Pac won the first fight also. Judge Clements admittedly made a mistake on his scoring in round 1. FACT! Look it up.

Tsk!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chino, Manny fans will say it's a great win and those that hate Manny will say it wasn't because it was an easy fight. I guess it goes both ways and that is why you agree with PSL.

I'm a Desert Storm fan so you know where I stand.

I believe Bradley has a number of advantages over Manny: (1) he is fresher than Manny; (2) he can out-think Manny in the ring e.g. make adjustments on the fly; and (3) he is better defensively than Manny. His speed matches Manny or is close to Manny's. Bradley is in his prime and he is undefeated, which just means he doesn't know how to lose. He also has great stamina and will go strong for a full 12 rounds.

Manny isn't a big welterweight by any stretch of the imagination. In my estimation, Manny is more suited to junior welterweight. Bradley has fought at 147 before and was successful there. He didn't appear slower than he is at 140.

I believe Bradley is a live dog in this one. I sincerely do. I also said JMM was a live dog in Pacquiao's last fight where many posters here thought Pacquiao was picking on an old, has-been in JMM. Pacquiao destroys offensive fighters and fighters that are slower than him, but he has a tougher time with defensive fighters and fast fighters. Bradley can be both. I would be super impressed with Pacquiao if he dominated Bradley.

If you asked me to handicap it, I would say 60/40 Pac, or maybe 65/35 Pacquiao. Pac should be favored. He hits with punches that opponents don't see coming. As you pointed out, he could do that to Bradley and it would be lights out.

However, Chino, don't let your hatred for Pacquiao turn you off to Bradley as an opponent. On the contrary, root for Bradley because there is a real possibility Pacquiao will be swept away by the Desert Storm in June. If you loathe Pacquiao with such verocity, surely Pacquiao being defeated by anyone is something you can support. I guarantee Bradley has a decent shot of pulling off the upset.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In my estimation, Bradley does. However, for those that believe Cotto does, I am curious to hear your reasoning.
    With only 41.3% ko rate, I don't think Bradley has a chance of pulling off an upset. He aint' gonna outbox Pac if that's what you're thinking. That's nowhere his gameplan. Hes gonna get timed and probably will get hurt badly.

I guess we can finally agree on something ^^^this.

Also, Mayweather is going up to Cotto's comfortable's weight (no weight draining or catchweight) so it gives Cotto juuuuuuust a little bit more of a possibility of doing something vs Mayweather.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post

I guess we can finally agree on something ^^^this.

Also, Mayweather is going up to Cotto's comfortable's weight (no weight draining or catchweight) so it gives Cotto juuuuuuust a little bit more of a possibility of doing something vs Mayweather.
    PSL and Chino for once agree! It's ironic that the people who view Bradley as having no shot are either (1) Huge Manny Pacquiao Fans or (2) Those that Hate Manny Pacquiao.

However, I disagree with you both. I've been a big Tim Bradley fan for a long time; I've rode with the Desert Storm since before he went across the pond, as an underdog, to beat up Junior Witter, when Junior Witter was still legitimate. He has a lot of skills. The common critique of Timothy Bradley is that he is good at a lot of things, but not great at any one thing. I concede that I understand that point, but I believe it's not actually true. If you watch Timothy Bradley closely, you'll see a high level of defense and footwork that is way above average. He also knows how to move well and moves in arcs. Maintaining his distance and using his footwork could lead him to victory against Manny Pacquiao.

Bradley's power isn't great, but it's sufficient to keep Manny honest. Remember Bradley has fought at 147 before, and he beat an undefeated fighter. Bradley is too good for Manny to just walk through him. The issue for Bradley will be whether he can deal with Manny's southpaw stance and whether he can avoid Manny's patented odd-angled shots for a whole 12 rounds.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 02-23-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PSL and Chino for once agree! It's ironic that the people who view Bradley as having no shot are either (1) Huge Manny Pacquiao Fans

Actually, Huge Manny Pacquiao fans will inflate this fight saying Bradley is such a big risk, a super awesome fight, etc. Just to make Manny look great if he wins, which seems like the bigger possibility.

Bradley's power isn't great, but it's sufficient to keep Manny honest. Remember Bradley has fought at 147 before, and he beat an undefeated fighter. Bradley is too good for Manny to just walk through him. The issue for Bradley will be whether he can deal with Manny's southpaw stance and whether he can avoid Manny's patented odd-angled shots for a whole 12 rounds.

I also wonder how his chin will take Pacquiao’s punches and the weight where they are meeting. What do you think Bradley has better than Pacquiao?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley has much better chance, of course..

Cotto aint got a snowball's chance in hell.. Not only is he facing the greatest active fighter but he's fighting a man with 2 eyes...

Floyd-Cotto is one of the biggest mismatches ever..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley has a great chance of beating Paq on a unanimous dec.

Cotto is a great warrior and will battle hard but will lose on a cut eye stoppage sometime around the 9th

job biscuit (but will be cheering 4 Cotto)!!!

eh eh

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Pac pretty much dominating Bradley, but there's a good chance that Cotto will be competitive with Floyd. Because, Mayweather hasn't been an 'active' fighter the last 5 years, and Cotto figures to land some heavy punches. Question is, if the fight turns into a war of attrition, can Floyd handle that, and/or how will he react if he gets hit with a big shot? I believe Cotto will test his chin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto. I just see that he's mentally on fire these days, and that counts for so much.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Bradley has a great chance compared to Cotto i mean Mayweather going to tear his face up. I dont think that match is going to be very close but i think Bradley can pull a upset.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, does the fact Devon Alexander beat Maidana, and Bradley dominated Devon Alexander, at all demonstrate that Bradley is a solid boxer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So, does the fact Devon Alexander beat Maidana, and Bradley dominated Devon Alexander, at all demonstrate that Bradley is a solid boxer?
    Not for me I actually want to see them go at it again after pacqiao woops Bradley's ass. I didn't know they were fight at 147 till after the fight and I feel like maybe that's why maidana couldn't hurt him. So that's why he's going to stay at 140. But Alexander did do very well and I feel hed do better vs Bradley this time around.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abelardus View Post
    Not for me I actually want to see them go at it again after pacqiao woops Bradley's ass. I didn't know they were fight at 147 till after the fight and I feel like maybe that's why maidana couldn't hurt him. So that's why he's going to stay at 140. But Alexander did do very well and I feel hed do better vs Bradley this time around.
    It's one reason why Maidana wasn't as effective; another reason is that Alexander is a better boxer than Maidana. Bradley is a better boxer than Alexander.

Thread Information