Default Re: Salido vs Lopez II Saturday fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Lopez is tarnishing what respect I gained for him by ranting on stoppage and ref

I think he's clearly still knocked out

It's frustration, dude. Someone in JuanMa's camp should step in and do some damage control. JuanMa just went to hell and back, and lost for the second time in his career... and against the same guy... in his hometown. And he's being interviewed literally seconds after being KO'ed. You can't really hold this shit against him too much. He'll probably regret it tomorrow.
    Anybody else maybe but haven't you fucking notice Lopez is always fucking complaining about something? Come tomorrow he'll have even more things to complain about

For the record, I didn't like the way they complained about a premature stoppage in the first Salido fight..... and I sure as hell didn't like his rant against the referees now. I'm sure he'll regret saying that shit tomorrow (or maybe even later tonight), but the damage is done. It's too bad, really. 'Cause he left it all out there in the ring and along with Salido made this one of the classic fights of our times.
    Lopez heart has never been an issue. He loves fighting. And it shows. He's fun to watch. Problem for him is he's a sucker for the right hand. Always has been. I don't see him ever being champion again

He does love to fight. Kind of reminds me of Trinidad in that regard. But I didn't realize just how bad his defense is and how vulnerable he is to the overhand right. He took SO many shots tonight. It pains me to say it.... but I kind of have my doubts myself about JuanMa's future. First, his lack of defense will always be his Achilles heel. Second, he's quickly becoming battle-worn. An old 28-year old, if you will. Shit..... and he started out so well.
    Really it's not even a defense thing. He can avoid punches when he wants too. It's an ego thing. He thinks so highly of himself that he doesn't think he does anything wrong. If things don't go his way it's somebodies else fault. Never his own. It's one of the reasons he's always complaining and arguing with the refs. I thought the loss to Salido in there first fight would of brought him down some. But it was obvious in the Mike Oliver fight that it didn't. He won it early but it was obvious he hadn't learned a damn thing. He got hit with the same right hands he always gets hit with. Lopez hasn't made any adjustments since his first loss cuz in his head it wasn't his fault he lost. It was the ref's

I don't know. Look how he started tonight. He started timidly, giving Salido way too much respect. He even looked gun-shy, and the announcers picked up on it also. It took a few rounds for him to loosen up and begin boxing and trading with Salido. But he's way too open for Salido's shots. And they were hurting him. For awhile I thought... oh no... it's looks like it might end even earlier than the first fight. Amazingly enough, he caught Salido with a short left hook that I didn't even see until the replay. Unfortunately for JuanMa, the round was almost over. Then JuanMa got some bravado into him and began plugging forward. But Salido's shots were still getting through. I don't really know what it is. But it's obvious Salido has JuanMa's number. Where JuanMa goes from here is anybody's guess. It'd be sad to see him hang it up, 'cause I also enjoy watching him fight. But he's got some serious analysis to do about the direction his career has to go at this moment. But yeah.... he's got to mature and stop blaming the refs for his troubles. It doesn't look well, and isn't going to win him any new fans.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though it had happened already in the first fight, seeing Lopez knocked senseless was still a bit of a shock. Salido was just fucking relentless, and while he was able to take Lopez best shots, Lopez could not take Salido's pressure and power. I won't say Lopez ever gave up trying, but it looked like he had totally given it his all and/or was punched out when the KO came in the 10th round.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Lopez deserved a lot of credit for pushing Salido back and at least trying something else in I think rounds 7 and 8. It was all he could do given his disposition but he was still taking just as much punishment and couldn't hurt Salido. He sure as hell made it a terrific fight though, shame he tainted his performance with that ridiculous tirade afterwards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think what Lopez said was outrageous. He gave no credit to his opponent, thought he was dominating and then makes a completely random attack on the referee. And then seeing those scorecards.

The fight was fantastic, so it's a shame to have those kinds of things detract from it.

Lopez should seriously consider his future because I think he is done at the very top. He isn't smart enough to adapt and eats right hands for breakfast. He will have brain damage the way he is going.
    Yes, this. Exactly.

Why are people cutting him slack for this? I've seen plenty of guys interviewed after very upsetting brutal KOs but I've never heard any of them lash out with personal attacks on the ref and accusations of straight-up corruption.

The only round I scored for Lopez was the one where he knocked down Salido. You could have scored the 9th for him if you wanted to, I suppose. I thought it was probably Salido's round but a round you could legitimately score even. The judges' scores were even more outrageous than the Cloud-Campillo scores. It really seems like the last 12 months has had an inordinate amount of just wildly wrong scores.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just hope that the ref in fact did have his lifes savings riding on Salido for christs sake! To imply it would've had anything to do with the outcome, however....... .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia is a rising star, cool calm and calculated.
    Salido was awesome, he would not be denied.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1-Lopez has always been easy to find with right hands

2-Lopez has gotten by beating up on mostly smaller men; go through his resume and ask yourself who is the naturally bigger man and it is almost always Lopez

3-Lopez has taken some punishment in other fights. He could walk through shots coming at him because he was so damn big. And eventually his opponent, being smaller, wouldn't be able to withstand it. But taking everyone's good shots even when you end up steamrolling them isn't a good strategy for long term health.

4-Salido is not a smaller guy. He has fought alot at 126, but also been higher in some fights, and looks like he could fight at 130 very easily.

I think Lopez was going to struggle as his career went on. He was going to have some accumulative punishment (even in winning his fights) that would take a little bit out of him. And eventually he was going to fight guys that aren't smaller than him. That are going to be able to stand up to his punishment.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    I think what Lopez said was outrageous. He gave no credit to his opponent, thought he was dominating and then makes a completely random attack on the referee. And then seeing those scorecards.

The fight was fantastic, so it's a shame to have those kinds of things detract from it.

Lopez should seriously consider his future because I think he is done at the very top. He isn't smart enough to adapt and eats right hands for breakfast. He will have brain damage the way he is going.
    Yes, this. Exactly.

Why are people cutting him slack for this? I've seen plenty of guys interviewed after very upsetting brutal KOs but I've never heard any of them lash out with personal attacks on the ref and accusations of straight-up corruption.

The only round I scored for Lopez was the one where he knocked down Salido. You could have scored the 9th for him if you wanted to, I suppose. I thought it was probably Salido's round but a round you could legitimately score even. The judges' scores were even more outrageous than the Cloud-Campillo scores. It really seems like the last 12 months has had an inordinate amount of just wildly wrong scores.
    Let's remember these judges for their next fights. Michael Pernick (Lopez up by two points), Cesar Ramos (same), and Denis Nelson (draw). Giampa had the right score on his unofficial scorecard, 88-83.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

Yes, this. Exactly.

Let's remember these judges for their next fights. Michael Pernick (Lopez up by two points), Cesar Ramos (same), and Denis Nelson (draw). Giampa had the right score on his unofficial scorecard, 88-83.
    Salido knew he just about had to win by knockout, because chances are he wasn't going to get a fair shake on the scorecards. As it turned out Salido was 100% correct, good job taking the judges out of the equation.

Thread Information