Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Salido vs Lopez II on Showtime Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    This fight on Showtime starts @ 10:00 PM ET Saturday night here in North America or at 3:00 AM sunday in the UK, if you're up and about at that time check it out, it should be worth it.

Bump...lets get ready to rumble..

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Salido vs Lopez II Saturday fight thread

BoxNation will show this Saturday night’s explosive rematch between WBO World Featherweight Champion Orlando Salido and Juan Manuel Lopez live and exclusive from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It will form a big night of action from two continents with Ricky Burns’ WBO World Lightweight title defence against Paulus Moses, also live on BoxNation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    BoxNation will show this Saturday night’s explosive rematch between WBO World Featherweight Champion Orlando Salido and Juan Manuel Lopez live and exclusive from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It will form a big night of action from two continents with Ricky Burns’ WBO World Lightweight title defence against Paulus Moses, also live on BoxNation.
    Moses is from Namibia, and almost all of his fights have been in Africa, he held the WBA World lightweight title for 2 fights, then lost it when he was KO'd by Miguel Acosta in his 3rd WBA title scrap.

Burns doesn't have much power but it's enough to keep his opponents honest, and even though this is only his 2nd WBO championship fight @ lightweight, he's a couple inches taller than Moses and weight won't be an issue. (It wasn't against Katsidis)

Should be an entertaining fight tomorrow afternoon here in the states, i'll watch it on a live feed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should be a good night of fights.

Just a reminder, the undercard fights will be shown live once again on Showtime Extreme starting at 8:00 pm ET, with the main event showing on regular Showtime at 10:00 pm ET.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh & with no FNF on tonight, if you need a boxing fix, Showtime Extreme is replaying the first fight between Salido & Lopez tonight at 10:00 pm ET.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Oh & with no FNF on tonight, if you need a boxing fix, Showtime Extreme is replaying the first fight between Salido & Lopez tonight at 10:00 pm ET.
    Thanks Diane, I might check that out, I was kind of in shock the 1st time I watched it, I wasn't expecting Lopez to lose.

cheers

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rewatching this bad boy right now. Great that they reaired co feature too!! My God I love dramatic upsets.

I have the listing for tomorrow night as "Same day tape" Are we sure its live, central time?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Rewatching this bad boy right now. Great that they reaired co feature too!! My God I love dramatic upsets.

I have the listing for tomorrow night as "Same day tape" Are we sure its live, central time?
    The 1st 2 rounds Lopez still looked ok.

I'm showing the rematch coming on at 9:00 PM Central tomorrow night, you're in Cal?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-10-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Salido's KD in the 5th round was a game changer Lopez was badly hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ref should have let it go for another few seconds. Lopez was still defending himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hopefully gus johnson is calling basketball games tomorrow so that we don't have to hear him butcher another fight.

in the first fight, I wanted to smack him every time he said PORT- OOOO- Rico. Can you read? How in the hell is PUERTO, pronounced PORT-O- Rico.

He has no idea when someone is hurt.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

The 1st 2 rounds Lopez still looked ok.

I'm showing the rematch coming on at 9:00 PM Central tomorrow night, you're in Cal?
    Just as good on the replay! Seeing it on big screen and not some shotty stream makes huge difference, Lopez was so stiff on ropes and didn't see 'early' stoppage really?! Tomorrow cannot get here fast enough

Nah right now back in La. Think I was looking at Show. Latino.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    hopefully gus johnson is calling basketball games tomorrow so that we don't have to hear him butcher another fight.

in the first fight, I wanted to smack him every time he said PORT- OOOO- Rico. Can you read? How in the hell is PUERTO, pronounced PORT-O- Rico.

He has no idea when someone is hurt.
    We'll probably have no such luck, the fuck-stick keeps showing up like a bad penny.

I thought the ref might have stopped it a tad early as well.

Hopefully JuanMa worked on his defense since the 1st fight, he shouldn't have been getting caught with some of those big bombs Salido was winding up and throwing.
    I'm looking forward to this fight tomorrow night.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys are lucky to get this much boxing on your TV, here we are priced out of what little is on.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You guys are lucky to get this much boxing on your TV, here we are priced out of what little is on.
    Master, I get DIRECTV here in the States, which comes to a Satellite Dish attached to the top of my house. I get a wide variety of channels and/or programming in HD, including HBO & Showtime, which in addition to movies, carries most of the big-time boxing shown here in the U.S. and elsewhere. My "premium" channels including HBO & Showtime cost me about $50 a month, it's well worth it, but it's not like we're getting the boxing for free here. The killer part is HBO & Showtime's PPV's which you have to pay as much as $65 + extra for, in HD. It's not that I can't pay that much, but I usually refuse to on principal, especially since if it was a good fight, I can watch the replay the following weekend.

Cheers
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-10-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Thread Information