Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Salido vs Lopez II Saturday fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    hopefully gus johnson is calling basketball games tomorrow so that we don't have to hear him butcher another fight.

in the first fight, I wanted to smack him every time he said PORT- OOOO- Rico. Can you read? How in the hell is PUERTO, pronounced PORT-O- Rico.

He has no idea when someone is hurt.

Damn straight, bro. Do your homework, learn how to pronounce the names of the fighters AND their countries, and THEN go on the air.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    hopefully gus johnson is calling basketball games tomorrow so that we don't have to hear him butcher another fight.

in the first fight, I wanted to smack him every time he said PORT- OOOO- Rico. Can you read? How in the hell is PUERTO, pronounced PORT-O- Rico.

Damn straight, bro. Do your homework, learn how to pronounce the names of the fighters AND their countries, and THEN go on the air.
    Gus probably couldn't find Puerto Rico on a world map, he's that fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Bro you just reminded me of that hilarious FedEx (?) commercial a couple of years ago. You ever see it? Where the office guy is trying to put a push pin on a wall map in front of his boss, and doesn't know where China is. So he fakes falling and rips the map off the wall. Gotta be one of the all-time best commercials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gus Johnson seems to get latino names right so when he butchered Puerto Rico, I swear he is just a dumb sob.

Teddy Atlas-he butchers almost every latino name. I wonder why espn doesn't ever have someone just sit down with him and teach him how to say latino names.

Vazquez is not pronounced VAZ- KWEZ De la hoya is not DEE-la-hoya; Marquez is not Mar-KWEZ

with teddy it can be part of his charm. He is only the analyst. But Gus is the blow by blow announcer, he does most of the talking.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Salido vs Lopez II Saturday fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Should be a good night of fights.

Just a reminder, the undercard fights will be shown live once again on Showtime Extreme starting at 8:00 pm ET, with the main event showing on regular Showtime at 10:00 pm ET.
    As Diane pointed out, tonight's undercard fights will be shown on Showtime Extreme @ 8:00 PM ET or starting about an hour from now this should include:

Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Bernabe Concepcion, 10 rounds, featherweights & Jose Gonzalez vs. Juan Garcia, 10 rounds, lightweights.

Regular Showtime will show the Orlando Salido vs. Juan Manuel Lopez, rematch, beginning somewhere around 10:15 PM ET. I'm pumped for this one, a couple bottles of Bass Ale and perhaps a Guinness with the main event tonight. (another gardening accident)
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-11-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I picked Salido to win... Why I don't know I just went with my gut.

2 variables for me here are:
    JuanMa - I think this will be his last fight at FW. I think he is struggling with this weight and will move up.
    Salido - Your only as good as your last performance. Let's be honest here he looked bad against what I can only describe a "coming home" fight and he was on the verge of losing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Bro you just reminded me of that hilarious FedEx (?) commercial a couple of years ago. You ever see it? Where[B] the office guy is trying to put a push pin on a wall map in front of his boss, and doesn't know where China is. So he fakes falling and rips the map off the wall. Gotta be one of the all-time best commercials.[/B

Yup I think i've seen that one, funny as hell

As far as Gus Johnson, I don't believe he could find Puerto Rico on a World Map if you spotted him the location of the Virgin Islands & Dominican Republic.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I picked Salido to win... Why I don't know I just went with my gut.

2 variables for me here are:
    JuanMa - I think this will be his last fight at FW. I think he is struggling with this weight and will move up.
    Salido - Your only as good as your last performance. Let's be honest here he looked bad against what I can only describe a "coming home" fight and he was on the verge of losing.
    Not a bad pick considering what happened the 1st time. I believe Lopez will be more focused this time, (he'd better be) improve his defense, and box his way to a UD. A KO for Lopez would be sweet, but Salido is tough to hurt, if I were Lopez I wouldn't concern myself with a stoppage, if it comes it comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lopez needs to make some changes. the salido fight wasn't an isolated occurrence.

Mtagwa had him in deep trouble late. He has gotten by on being very fucking big for the weight classes he fights in. He allows smaller guys to hit him cleanly.

When he starts fighting bigger guys he is going to get cut down if he doesn't defend much better.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lopez needs to make some changes. the salido fight wasn't an isolated occurrence.

Mtagwa had him in deep trouble late. He has gotten by on being very fucking big for the weight classes he fights in. He allows smaller guys to hit him cleanly.

When he starts fighting bigger guys he is going to get cut down if he doesn't defend much better.
    He needs to box more, and show a better defense, if he goes all macho and throws caution to the wind like he did in the 1st fight, he'll get stopped again.
    Anyway, the Undercard on SHO-Extreme starts in about 10 minutes.

cheers

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alrighty, here we go with SHO-Extreme, "Gerbil" Farhood, Barry Thomkins, calling the undercard which will be: up first Arroyo vs Maldonado.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FWI, "Mikey" Garcia vs. Bernabe Concepcion will be shown along with the main event beginning @ 10:00 PM ET.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arroyo looks like he's on a level above Maldonado., but Maldon is game.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Score one for Puerto Rico. McWilliams looked great. I scored it a shutout against Maldonado. McWilliams' twin brother McJoe also won his fight, although they didn't televise it here.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McWilliams gonna be a world champ down the line. He's got all the tools.

Thread Information