Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People you really look up to

This is just a thread diversion anyway. I was given some crap about why Lydon and Morrissey are poor and then criticized for my defense and yet all I see from the two attackers is 'Dad' and nobody else as someone to look up to.

I offered names and all anyone else does is say that you are wrong and call you out for a view that Steve Jobs was just a bit shitty. Jobs changed lives, but he also enslaved lives.

My people to look up to have never done that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

I see no reason to hate on and be so rude about people who have changed lives.
    You do it all the time in threads people have created to aknowledge someones passing?
    Sure, about people who employ slave labour who also don't receive health benefits when they are dying of cancer.

Nobody is dying here.
    So long as you have aknowledged your hypocrisy
    Well, Steve Jobs was not such a great man when you add it all up. Do I look up to him? No. He was a businessman and didn't respect human rights. He also said nothing to me as a human being. If you cannot say anything to me then you don't matter and Jobs didn't matter. I would imagine many learned to make fire, but did it change their mental landscape? That is where language and art beats plastic technology. Morrissey changed more minds than Steve Jobs ever did.

Morrissey might criticize the Chinese, but he never actually enslaved them.
    Those threads werent written for you, they we written by people who's opinion differs from yours.

You cant have it both ways my man
    This thread was for people to say who they look up to. Very few have done so.

Other threads have been made by people who support terrible things. Nobody I like supports terrible things. Maybe they committed terrible acts, but didn't enslave thousands of people.

You can criticize people who are dictating mass evil. To compare John Lydon to Steve Jobs is bizarre. One is one who speaks what he feels and hurts very few, the other has enslaved many.

That sentence I used can be used against me, but in this context I am showing what I mean.
    Im not comparing anyone to anyone, Im just saying you cant have it both ways.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do it all the time in threads people have created to aknowledge someones passing?
    Sure, about people who employ slave labour who also don't receive health benefits when they are dying of cancer.

Nobody is dying here.
    Well, Steve Jobs was not such a great man when you add it all up. Do I look up to him? No. He was a businessman and didn't respect human rights. He also said nothing to me as a human being. If you cannot say anything to me then you don't matter and Jobs didn't matter. I would imagine many learned to make fire, but did it change their mental landscape? That is where language and art beats plastic technology. Morrissey changed more minds than Steve Jobs ever did.

Those threads werent written for you, they we written by people who's opinion differs from yours.

Other threads have been made by people who support terrible things. Nobody I like supports terrible things. Maybe they committed terrible acts, but didn't enslave thousands of people.

You can criticize people who are dictating mass evil. To compare John Lydon to Steve Jobs is bizarre. One is one who speaks what he feels and hurts very few, the other has enslaved many.

That sentence I used can be used against me, but in this context I am showing what I mean.
    I can though. My mind is ever evolving and I am not the same constantly. Words used today will not be the same as 3 months ago. I am not the same person. And likewise, 5 months later. It will be me, but not me.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is dying here.

I can though. My mind is ever evolving and I am not the same constantly. Words used today will not be the same as 3 months ago. I am not the same person. And likewise, 5 months later. It will be me, but not me.
    I think you're giving yourself a bit too much credit there mate. You only changed your screen name
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is dying here.

I think you're giving yourself a bit too much credit there mate. You only changed your screen name
    Perhaps. I look up to those people, I don't like Jobs.

Others, post your own lists. You reticent cunts.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My old man has been a great role model as a husband, father, professional and just genuine person. Work wise my first platoon sergeant was a great leader and Soldier. Politically Ron Paul is someone I admire not just b/c we share common beliefs but that he has a set of principles and sticks to them. Outside of them I can't think of anyone that when faced with a decision I reflect on how they would deal with it although I'm sure there are more.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just a thread diversion anyway. I was given some crap about why Lydon and Morrissey are poor and then criticized for my defense and yet all I see from the two attackers is 'Dad' and nobody else as someone to look up to.

I offered names and all anyone else does is say that you are wrong and call you out for a view that Steve Jobs was just a bit shitty. Jobs changed lives, but he also enslaved lives.

My people to look up to have never done that.
    Miles I can see your point of view, and I would not blame you for not wanting to be a parent but don't miss out for the sin's of your father my friend.I have two children a Son and Daughter and a Granddaughter it make's my life complete.
    People to look up to well no one really bar my Father, I feel I don't need to look up to anyone rich or famous, when our time is up remember we come into this World the same and go out the same.
    Of course people should have respect, for there achievements, but to look up to very few I can think of.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

why does everyone hate on morrissey anyway? people always say he's so depressing.
    i just don't see it. he wrote songs full of wit and keen observation full of feeling.
    he's not depressing at all.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    why does everyone hate on morrissey anyway? people always say he's so depressing.
    i just don't see it. he wrote songs full of wit and keen observation full of feeling.
    Half wit fuck in waste of space, what he need's is a good steak veggie prick.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

i'm sure you're a real catch.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post

i'm sure you're a real catch.
    Steak anyone.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles you're getting your g-string in a bunch because people are looking up to their Dad now?

Like a Dad ever changed a life, ridiculous.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well seeing as I never really knew my Dad, I nominate Will Smith.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any one over 6'6"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)