Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there ANYBODY here that likes both Pac AND Floyd?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is there ANYBODY here that likes both Pac AND Floyd?

Haha TitoFan, I knew your question even though benign in nature would end up as a mudslinging show.

They are definitely two of the most important AND most polarizing figures in the sport today, that being said I believe both have accomplished amazing things in their careers and have benefited the sport. I also believe neither one has their heart in the game anymore and haven't for a while now. I really don't care to debate what I've just said as it's my opinion. It's time for both to retire and for some new faces to step in.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Seems so predictable to me. If you like Pac... you hate and dis Floyd. If you're a Floyd fan... you got no use for Pac. Is there anyone out there that is willing to objectively give each fighter their due? Really... it gets old to hear the same hashed over arguments from the fanatics on both sides. Can't they both be good and worthy? I admire both as fighters. A fight between them would've been something to see.... had it happened eons ago when it was supposed to. But years of waiting and hearing all of their bullshit has eroded most of the interest I ever had in the fight, and now it looks like it'll never happen.

And while I admire both as fighters, I also feel the need to criticize different things in each. For instance, Floyd hasn't been busy enough. If he fought as much as he talks... and carries on with ridiculous shit like fighting "Big Show" and Dancing with the Stars... he'd be better liked and have more fans. And he HAS had his share of cherry-picking, like when he fought Juan Manuel Marquez at a weight that was at least two divisions over what JMM should have any business fighting. But I'll give him credit for taking on Miguel Cotto, in a fight where obviously he'll be favored, but should still be a tough fight.

With Pac, I have to criticize the fact that he could've honestly done more to make himself available to Floyd back when the controversy over the blood testing came up. Hey dude... just get yourself stuck with a needle and be done with it. Otherwise, it just looks suspicious. But I do give him credit for keeping busy and taking on many of the big names. DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito... quite an impressive list.

But anyway... I shouldn't throw stones when I live in a glass house. After all... I've got NOTHING good to say about the likes of Margarito.

The short of it is, I've just never been a fan of Mayweather, and never will be.

Pacquiao on the other hand is one of my favorite fighters, so my answer is no, but that's just me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Haha TitoFan, I knew your question even though benign in nature would end up as a mudslinging show.

They are definitely two of the most important AND most polarizing figures in the sport today, that being said I believe both have accomplished amazing things in their careers and have benefited the sport. I also believe neither one has their heart in the game anymore and haven't for a while now. I really don't care to debate what I've just said as it's my opinion. It's time for both to retire and for some new faces to step in.
    I think that is especially true about Mayweather. He has seemed pretty disgusted with the sport for a long time and has been talking about only caring about the money for at least half a decade. If he wanted to, he could have cemented his legacy as one of the best fighters ever, but he just seems to lack a certain passion. I don't really blame him for it, it's an absurd sport in a lot of ways.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shhhhh..... just trying to stir the pot a little here.

Seriously tho, I give both fighters their just due. It's just that Floyd has done more to alienate a certain fan base than Pacquaio has. No hate... no fanboyism. Just plain ol' opinion. Doesn't mean I don't respect what both have done in the ring. And it doesn't mean I think of either of being without fault.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I think that is especially true about Mayweather. He has seemed pretty disgusted with the sport for a long time and has been talking about only caring about the money for at least half a decade. If he wanted to, he could have cemented his legacy as one of the best fighters ever, but he just seems to lack a certain passion. I don't really blame him for it, it's an absurd sport in a lot of ways.
    I think it's just as true about Pacquiao, he has seemed uninterested in his fights since becoming a senator or mayor or whatever he is. True he has fought more often, but "I'm just doing my job" is what he says after his fights.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post

I think it's just as true about Pacquiao, he has seemed uninterested in his fights since becoming a senator or mayor or whatever he is. True he has fought more often, but "I'm just doing my job" is what he says after his fights.
    I think he might well feel that way now, it certainly seems that way, but a few years ago when he was moving up in weight and beating the shit out of everyone he sure looked like a guy who had a passion for the sport. Mayweather, to me, has seemed disillusioned for a much longer time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not me. I hate Floyd with a passion!!!!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moderately like PAcman, quite dislike Floyd here.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dislike them both. They are both egomaniacs who pick and choose their opponents too carefully for my liking. Thankfully it all went wrong against Marquez last time out for Pac.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clearly there are plenty of people on here who like both boxers and enjoy watching them fight, it's just you dont see them posting what Manny Pacquiao had for breakfast this morning or how many days Mayweather might spend in jail next month. Its the posters with some bizzare emotional investement that you have to wonder about, would one bother to nitpick at these guys the way some posters do if they didn't have wet dreams for the other? The worst part of it all is that both Floyd and Manny are almost as useless out of the ring as they are capable in it, hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff in that little soap opera I'd say.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I admire both for their boxing talent. They are genuine all-time great fighters. People that try and pull apart their records just because they don't like them are pathetic IMO.

I couldn't care less about their actual personalities. I don't know them. I have no desire to know them. They are just ordinary flawed human beings like everyone else. Being extremely talented at boxing doesn't change that fact. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for a non boxing fan or a bxoing fan outside america its probably not a big deal

i dont really mind

i dont like andre ward due to the love he is getting despite his boring negative tactics
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I couldn't care less about their actual personalities. I don't know them. I have no desire to know them. They are just ordinary flawed human beings like everyone else. Being extremely talented at boxing doesn't change that fact. Fact.
    I think this is the part that most people forget when judging them both, especially Floyd.

It's a shame because yes, I was (and really still am) a fan of both fighters and their styles. Seeing a Floyd Mayweather match got me back into boxing but I also liked watching Pacquiaos fights too.

I think I just ended up finding myself having to defend Floyd more often from the ridiculous comments made by the waves of Pactards on a regular basis.

Most who know nothing of boxing but just want to be patriotic. Fine, but I found myself having to remind them constantly of Pacquios flaws and Floyds positives to balance up the equation.

So I find myself being more negative towards Pacquiao than I would like because of how OTT the Pactards are.

One would have you believe that Floyd is a war criminal whilst Pacquiao is a saint.

This annoys me too. They both have good and bad like most human beings - Floyd "might" have been involved in domestic violence where as Pac "might" have cheated on his wife a few times. Both psycholgically damaging things to put someone through.

Both fighters have excellent resumes but both have cherry picked a fair amount too especially in the latter part of their careers. (I actually think Floyds has got stronger since he returned)

Floyd does charity work on a regular basis, pays for peoples funerals etc

They're both great fighters and can't see how anybody could not respect them both at least inside that squared circle.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to have standards on issues like this and that is why I dislike them both. I can respect what they have done, but I don't have to like them. Floyd is a goon and Pac seems to be so as well. It's more fun to polarise and make it us against them and so that is what I do. My levels of dislike go up and down, but I typically remain on one side of the compass.

Floyd has skills, but he is good at making you dislike him and Pac huggers over the years have done much the same. It's all good fun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    You have to have standards on issues like this and that is why I dislike them both. I can respect what they have done, but I don't have to like them. Floyd is a goon and Pac seems to be so as well. It's more fun to polarise and make it us against them and so that is what I do. My levels of dislike go up and down, but I typically remain on one side of the compass.

Floyd has skills, but he is good at making you dislike him and Pac huggers over the years have done much the same. It's all good fun.
    What's undeniable is how both Pac and Floyd have been great for boxing, if nothing else look at all the interest and money they've generated for the sport.

Thread Information