Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robert Stieglitz v George Groves for WBO Super-Middleweight titile

It's happening on May 5 in Germany....and frankly George Groves ends up getting a much better deal than he did in a fight against Kenny Anderson. Stieglitz is not a strong champion, and is probably the most beatable at SMW at the moment.

However, Groves isn't fully developed and has weaknesses as he showed against DeGale and Anderson. I reckon it's a good chance for him, but I still see Stieglitz winning.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Stieglitz v George Groves for WBO Super-Middleweight titile

Is it too soon? Even if he wins, he may have to have some easy defences like Cleverly has had to after the hard bellow fight, otherwise he will retire young.

Anderson must be annoyed but Groves may fight him anyway for the title this time. Hope groves honours that rematch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is it too soon? Even if he wins, he may have to have some easy defences like Cleverly has had to after the hard bellow fight, otherwise he will retire young.

Anderson must be annoyed but Groves may fight him anyway for the title this time. Hope groves honours that rematch.
    You could see this coming, with him withdrawing from the Anderson fight he's fighting way to soon for
    a World title bad move his management need there ass kicked.
    The guy is still a novice needs more fights, very foolish I feel.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

You could see this coming, with him withdrawing from the Anderson fight he's fighting way to soon for
    a World title bad move his management need there ass kicked.
    The guy is still a novice needs more fights, very foolish I feel.
    Yes could be another fernado vargas.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not convinced its that much of a mismatch, as Stieglitz isn't that good a champion.

However, in terms of if Groves does win the title, I reckon DeGale will shove his arrogant face in demanding a rematch before Anderson gets one as really should happen.

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I'm not convinced its that much of a mismatch, as Stieglitz isn't that good a champion.

However, in terms of if Groves does win the title, I reckon DeGale will shove his arrogant face in demanding a rematch before Anderson gets one as really should happen.
    I feel he will beat Stieglitz, but it's what comes after he still needs to be battle harden I don't think
    he's at that point in his career yet.
    Booth must be brain dead to me it's madness, Groves could end up with a very short career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Stieglitz getting an easy win here as he throws lots of punches from round 1 to round 12 with respectable power, groves will not match the punch output. He can't go to Germany and steal the belt like dirrell tried with froch

Thread Information