Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post

Cotto has two chances. Slim and none...and slim just left town.

Cotto will not win a round.
That's your take on it and that's fine, Mayweather has given us no reason to think he'll lose anytime soon, but stranger things have happened. Cotto is bigger & stronger than Marquez and he's more polished than Ortiz....I like his chances better than those guys. Cotto also boxes better than Mosley at this point in time. So yes I'm cheering for Cotto, but I understand he's an underdog.
He's too slow and he's not at his best weight class. Moreover, I'm not convinced Cotto has the hunger that it appeared he had in previous years. Margarito may have zapped him of it.
Now you're just clutching at straws. You have zero basis for the statements you just made - Lyle debunked your speed argument, the weight class issue..well he obviously feels its where he needs to be right now or would be at 147. Then the whole, "he's not hungry". Really? You don't think he's hungry against Floyd?? Nonsense imo
Where I'm coming from is that pre-Margarito, Cotto was a different fighter. Since then he seems more fragile. I have no basis for it. Even with any perceived added fragility, he's still a very capable fighter.

I wrote a lengthy post with the reasons I thought Cotto had little shot in this fight. I won't repeat them again. I also prefaced that post by saying that I view Cotto as a borderline-hall of famer, and greatly admire hiis boxing skills and career. So, in no way, do I mean to disparage the Puerto Rican warrior. I just think he's got an unsurmountable hill to climb in fighting Pretty Boy.

With regard to weight, in my estimation, Cotto is at 154 because he doesn't want to deal with cutting the extra weight. With his cache, it is something he has the power to do. It's not because he is more effective at 154. His choice of competition at 154 bares that out. In further support is that at 140 and 147, he fought everyone possible. Why do you think he is better at 154?

Also, remember pre-Ortiz and pre-Marquez 3, I was one of the only posters to view the Ortiz fight as a mismatch and also that in no way was Marquez getting schooled by Pacquiao because he has Pacquiao's number.