Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs. Chad Dawson II - Saturday night fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Dawson was fighting a man that refuses to engage and will clinch at every opportunity. Hopkins is a known spoiler. It is his modus operandi.

And I really don't think anyone outside of judgeland would really consider the fight a draw or even particularly close.

It was an ugly, but fairly routine Dawson win. Nothing like the Taylor fights for instance.
    Taylor fights and Calzaghe fight you could sit and debate many of the rounds. There was 6 rounds I scored for Dawson that I didn't feel were debatable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Hopkins won 4 clear rounds and the first 2 were close. More than likely gonna lose the decision 7 to 5.
    I felt like DAwson had 6 clear rounds. BHOP 2 clear rounds. 4 rounds that were close (2 of those I shaded BHOP. 1 I shaded Dawson. 1 I have no idea).

My card ends up 7-4-1 for Dawson.
    I had it Dawson 8-4 in rounds.

I knew Hop would bitch/whine about the decision, fucking asshole, don't give your opponent any credit, right Bernard?
    Did you see Dawson turn to the ref like he was trying to borrow money...instead of maybe attacking and furthering a advantage. Dawson left a trail of tears in his interviews

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and Hulk.
    A lot of people must hate Hopkins to just lie about this fight.

It was an eyesore but a typical Hopkins fight. A lot of close rounds.

I got no problem with Dawson winning but 9-3 really is a slap in the face to an intelligent boxing fan.

Skewed horrid punch stats, Lampley and Co. constantly talking thru nearly every bit of Hopkins offense past the 4th round.

You just got to laugh at it because HBO's coverage was a fucking joke, much like it is whenever Sergio Martinez fights.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Oh and Hulk.

I got no problem with Dawson winning but 9-3 really is a slap in the face to an intelligent boxing fan.

Skewed horrid punch stats, Lampley and Co. constantly talking thru nearly every bit of Hopkins offense past the 4th round.

You just got to laugh at it because HBO's coverage was a fucking joke, much like it is whenever Sergio Martinez fights.
    with all due respect. Your score of 7-5 for BHOP is really scary. You should stop scoring fights.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Ledderman had it right, all Hop did was run in and throw one punch, (and a headbutt) how can you win a fight doing that?

What was obvious was, Dawson didn't let Hop control the action, and Hop may be a young 47, but he looked old and slow tonight, although I give much of the credit for that to Dawson.

As for the draw on the one scorecard, please show me how Hop won more then 4 rounds in this fight, and that's being generous.

I'm pleased with the result tonight, the better man won a clearcut decision, we can only hope that Hopkins does the right thing now, and retires.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-29-2012 at 05:37 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and Hulk.

with all due respect. Your score of 7-5 for BHOP is really scary. You should stop scoring fights.

I'll rephrase that to 6-6 then to be a little more genial to the masses.

And with all due respect I think I know how to score a fight pretty well. I've watched more than a couple of Hopkins fights

Its kind of funny how the ONLY judge to score it fairly is a former fighter isn't it ?

9-3 is Campillo vs. Cloud.

This fight was nothing like that domination.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joke of a decision and coverage by HBO tonight. 9-3 !? hahaha

Hopkins haters will eat it up and go along with it knowing that it was much closer, and FAR from a dominant win.

In truth it was a terrible, boring mess of a fight as we all knew it would be.

I had it 115-113 Hopkins, but could see it 115-113 Dawson, or a draw.

A draw was actually fair.

Dawson winning the 12th on Harold's card just shows the corruption and eagerness of HBO to fuck Hopkins and be done with him.
    I don't agree at all Hulk, but hey bro, you've got a right to believe what you want.

Could it be however that you just wanted to see Dawson lose and Hopkins win?

Out off all the fights i've watched the last couple years, this was the least controversial of just about any of them, there's no fucking way this was a "draw" or Hopkins coming even close to winning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins had his moments but ultimately wasn't active enough to win the fight
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Hopkins won 4 clear rounds and the first 2 were close. More than likely gonna lose the decision 7 to 5.
    I felt like DAwson had 6 clear rounds. BHOP 2 clear rounds. 4 rounds that were close (2 of those I shaded BHOP. 1 I shaded Dawson. 1 I have no idea).

I knew Hop would bitch/whine about the decision, fucking asshole, don't give your opponent any credit, right Bernard?
    Did you see Dawson turn to the ref like he was trying to borrow money...instead of maybe attacking and furthering a advantage. Dawson left a trail of tears in his interviews
    I'm not a Dawson fan by any means, but I do think he had a point about the headbutts. I wouldn't say that if Hop hadn't been doing this same shit his whole career. At least Dawson had enough maturity and class to give Hop some credit after the fight, instead of leaving the ring like an infantile douche.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Hopkins had his moments but ultimately wasn't active enough to win the fight
    Exactly, Dawson was busier, and more effective with his punches. It wasn't per-say a one-sided fight, but Dawson was doing enough to win the majority of the rounds and Hop wasn't.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A decent night of boxing (unless you're a Hop fan)

A Mega fight next weekend, unless somebody else does it first i'll start a Cotto vs Floyd fight thread next week.

cheers homies, and hey, always agree with my superb opinions, because in your hearts, you know i'm always right.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a Dawson fan by any means, but I do think he had a point about the headbutts. I wouldn't say that if Hop hadn't been doing this same shit his whole career. At least Dawson had enough maturity and class to give Hop some credit after the fight, instead of leaving the ring like an infantile douche.
    As opposed to saying he felt the descision was wrong on the mic? Bit of screwed either way to some fans who might say he was just as sore loser and just want to hold the door open for him wouldn't ya say. Headbutts to one degree or another happen in most fights and for Dawson to continue to piss and moan even after winning the title is every bit a punk move. I had it 7-5 but for people to act like Dawson was commanding the call is off. He coasted and, per norm.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As opposed to saying he felt the descision was wrong on the mic? Bit of screwed either way to some fans who might say he was just as sore loser and just want to hold the door open for him wouldn't ya say. Headbutts to one degree or another happen in most fights and for Dawson to continue to piss and moan even after winning the title is every bit a punk move. I had it 7-5 but for people to act like Dawson was commanding the call is off. He coasted and, per norm.
    What about being gracious in defeat, getting on mic and giving you're opponent the credit he deserved? Like: "Hey Chad, you fought a hell of a fight". Good sportsmanship goes a long way with me, Hopkins doesn't know the meaning of it.

Hop was just being a sore loser and acting like a cunt, fuck him.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-29-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A decent night of boxing (unless you're a Hop fan)

A Mega fight next weekend, unless somebody else does it first i'll start a Cotto vs Floyd fight thread next week.

cheers homies, and hey, always agree with my superb opinions, because in your hearts, you know i'm always right.
    Lyle?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just wanna know what the hell Seth Mitchell was crying about
    Dude is emotional!
    A fight with him an Arreola should be a laugh

Thread Information