Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Katsidis to get WBA title shot after a loss

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Katsidis is a joke, he will end up hurt.
    Ive never forgiven him for shouting -

" what you lookin at " at the face off of a fight.

He then got his ass kicked , he is a fucking idiot. But people pay to watch a puncher who gets twatted each time he fights it would seem.

Haaahahah, I will never forget that either. In fairness it was just Katsidis way of bigging himself up, but given the way Guerrero just stared at him and then beat him up every round it was priceless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not quite getting the Katsidis hate here? Is it because he beat the crap out of Earl and Mitchell? Burns was too slick for him and in every fight Katsidis has lost he has shown a lot of heart. He doesn't have the skill to match the A level fighters, (although he was just seconds away from ending the Marquez career) He does have entertainment value and has performed extremely well with limited ability. If he loses this next fight he should give it away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He then got his ass kicked , he is a fucking idiot. But people pay to watch a puncher who gets twatted each time he fights it would seem.
    Dude his bro had died only a few months before that fight, he was pretty emotional. He didnt take time off to really get it out of his system, he fought JMM like a month after his bro died and then continued training and fought 6 months after that. So maybe you should cut him a break for that.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post

Dude his bro had died only a few months before that fight, he was pretty emotional. He didnt take time off to really get it out of his system, he fought JMM like a month after his bro died and then continued training and fought 6 months after that. So maybe you should cut him a break for that.
    Not to be an asshole or anything, but what does that have to do with Al's reasonings of not liking Katsidis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post

Not to be an asshole or anything, but what does that have to do with Al's reasonings of not liking Katsidis?
    Well it was out of character for Katsidis and he was in a different frame of mind. People have trouble performing at work after a close relative dies....imagine being in front of thousands of people and having to face a guy who wants to beat the shit out of u while dealing with the death of your brother. Just a bit harsh to judge someones actions when they are at such a low point in their life.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well it was out of character for Katsidis and he was in a different frame of mind. People have trouble performing at work after a close relative dies....imagine being in front of thousands of people and having to face a guy who wants to beat the shit out of u while dealing with the death of your brother. Just a bit harsh to judge someones actions when they are at such a low point in their life.
    Boxing one would like to think is about entertainment , Katsidis took the pay cheque , acted like an asshole and got his ass kicked , if he didnt want the fight he should have pulled out , Katsidis has had way to many chances for a limited fighter.
    James Douglas had lost his father prior to fighting Mike Tyson , did he act like a thug ? no he actually used the fight as a tribute to his father and fought out of his skin and won.
    Katsidis is nothing more than a thug with no class.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 05-15-2012 at 07:01 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    I am not quite getting the Katsidis hate here? Is it because he beat the crap out of Earl and Mitchell? Burns was too slick for him and in every fight Katsidis has lost he has shown a lot of heart. He doesn't have the skill to match the A level fighters, (although he was just seconds away from ending the Marquez career) He does have entertainment value and has performed extremely well with limited ability. If he loses this next fight he should give it away.
    Me either. He went head to head against Casamayor and Marquez and knocked each for a loop before being stopped himself.

Also he had just lost his Brother going into the Guerrero fight so obviously was amped up and in a rare mental state for that one. He also showed tremendous heart and even dropped Guerrero in that fight.

The guy is an absolute warrior and obviously has more character than guys on the internet who talk shit about him on message boards.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb Re: Katsidis to get WBA title shot after a loss

I love Katsidis to bits...but after going 1-4 in his last 5 (and 0-2 in his last 2, and 5-6 in his last 11) there is NO WAY he should be walking into any sort of a title fight. Golden Boy Promotions have just signed Perez into a "long term deal" so there is no way they think Katsidis could win, he's about to be used by GBP.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Me either. He went head to head against Casamayor and Marquez and knocked each for a loop before being stopped himself.

Also he had just lost his Brother going into the Guerrero fight so obviously was amped up and in a rare mental state for that one. He also showed tremendous heart and even dropped Guerrero in that fight.

The guy is an absolute warrior and obviously has more character than guys on the internet who talk shit about him on message boards.
    What if my brother just died as well, and I were just typing shit about random boxers in order to cheer myself up? I have way more character than Katsidis you insensitive jerk!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing one would like to think is about entertainment , Katsidis took the pay cheque , acted like an asshole and got his ass kicked , if he didnt want the fight he should have pulled out , Katsidis has had way to many chances for a limited fighter.
    James Douglas had lost his father prior to fighting Mike Tyson , did he act like a thug ? no he actually used the fight as a tribute to his father and fought out of his skin and won.
    Katsidis is nothing more than a thug with no class.
    Well we will have to agree to disagree.

By the way Douglas lost his mother before the tyson fight
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

What if my brother just died as well, and I were just typing shit about random boxers in order to cheer myself up? I have way more character than Katsidis you insensitive jerk!!!
    Hahaha !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBO WBA WBC IBF which one is the best of the bunch answer none of them, Diamond Silver Gold is this belt thing getting out of hand total utter confusion.
    Senseless ranking's you lose you get a title shot off a other governing body, hows about a Grey belt's just for losers .

Thread Information